Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will you do if ..

Hi,

For discussion sake, will you buy a luxury watch for a love one when you know for sure that once the watch is worn on his/her wrist, it will be scratched, knocked, dropped, etc, in less than a week or two's time?

The Crown Of Achievement

yes. so long its not going to be sold in future.

she can wear it to cook, up the mountains, down rivers,
    bang it on my head (not my watch), grind on desk, grind on
    beach sands.

no problem at all. just accelerated vintage
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Wow! How generous.. . Imagine it is a $10k watch which you had saved up in years to buy for him/her. And then next thing you know right after two days on his/her wrist, he/she wacked onto a rough, jaggered, concrete stone wall, and it sounded like "PIAK-CREE-KKK"..
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Wow! How generous.. . Imagine it is a $10k watch which you had saved up in years to buy for him/her. And then next thing you know right after two days on his/her wrist, he/she wacked onto a rough, jaggered, concrete stone wall, and it sounded like "PIAK-CREE-KKK"..
        haha that one call suay.

normal grind grind ok. if accident then no choice, how careful also can
        happen.

if your partner really prone to banging here and there and drop.
        Then:
        1. no straps - easy to drop
        2. buy Ball - can bang, many many Gs anti shock
        3. buy Sinn - case hard can bang
        4. buy Rolex vintage with acrylic - tahan bang and cheap to change.
        5. buy a new glittering Rolex - you let it be or you bang

apparently i find datejust quite tahan bang because if the round edges.

sports series with the crisp lug edges, one hard knock gone.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I will too... I think damned long to buy myself a $80 Nike bag, but will not hesitate to buy my wife a $2000 LV bag. I'll only buy myself a $0.90 coffee at kopi shop but wouldn't mind paying at starbucks for my friends.

I think most ppl would not mind spending on their love ones, even if it is an expensive watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
            I will too... I think damned long to buy myself a $80 Nike bag, but will not hesitate to buy my wife a $2000 LV bag. I'll only buy myself a $0.90 coffee at kopi shop but wouldn't mind paying at starbucks for my friends.

I think most ppl would not mind spending on their love ones, even if it is an expensive watch.
            90c? What a rip off!
            I only pay 70c for mine.

Comment

Hi,

For discussion sake, will you buy a luxury watch for a love one when you know for sure that once the watch is worn on his/her wrist, it will be scratched, knocked, dropped, etc, in less than a week or two's time?

My opinion is to ask if the person does want it or not... assuming the person is one that will not enjoy having such a watch.. then u are making life difficult for them, as they have to feel obligated to wear it, take special care while wearing it.. and if anything happen to it.... they might feel so bad about it... so before u buy.. ask if he/she really wants it.. if she doesn't want a watch.. save the money to buy something else for them... so that at least she enjoys the item....(if it for ladies... diamond, LVs and so on would suit the bill nicely)

Comment

Given to her is hers... if you love a person, money is nothing....

Hi,

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  Given to her is hers... if you love a person, money is nothing....
                  Given to her is hers... if you lust a person, money is nothing....

Comment

That's why till today, I am still reluctant to buy my wife a Rolex cos she is not into watches and it means absolutely nothing to her. The winding to her is troublesome and being careful when wearing it puts her off. Prefer to buy LV for her...heehee
                    1 3 5
                    ├┼┼╕
                    2 4 6 R

Comment

I guess if she will "damage" it quickly for sure due to her life style or job requirement etc, then I will probably not...or I will buy a cheap daily beater (G shock! hehe) on top of the luxury watch (for special occasions?), but if it is her nature that she tends to be careless about it...I guess I will as long as she wants it...cos I think realising the love and $$$ involved in the watch, she will probably be more careful...

But truth is, I think I am the careless type too...no matter how I try to protect my watch, the 1st scratch etc will come within 2 weeks.....sigh....but it did not stop me from getting my rollies...hehe...

Comment

do you let your wife drive your car when you are not around???

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                          My opinion is to ask if the person does want it or not... assuming the person is one that will not enjoy having such a watch.. then u are making life difficult for them, as they have to feel obligated to wear it, take special care while wearing it.. and if anything happen to it.... they might feel so bad about it... so before u buy.. ask if he/she really wants it.. if she doesn't want a watch.. save the money to buy something else for them... so that at least she enjoys the item....(if it for ladies... diamond, LVs and so on would suit the bill nicely)
                          Cedric, you hit the nail. She just doesn't care about watches. And she is starting to feel obligated. Prob is, I am the one who handled all our watches and any new 'injury' on her watches, I sure ask her. What watch she wants to wear, I prepare, and when at home, I clean and keep it.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                          do you let your wife drive your car when you are not around???
                          116520, you sure know how to 'stir'. Seriously, I try not to (let her drive)..
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

My wife got no class 3 so cannot drive. Hengz Ahh!
                            1 3 5
                            ├┼┼╕
                            2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                              My wife got no class 3 so cannot drive. Hengz Ahh!
                              See what I mean guys?! Watches, can let your other half wack. Cars cannot!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X