plagiarism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plagiarism

what are your views on this that is reported in straits times article on plagiarism

my reference list for a 3000 word assignment minimum must be at least 20 minimum as a guideline from my lecturer.

i feel that it is the people who wants their work to be appreciated, that is why they coming down and hard on plagiarism.

i believe that if your intention to deceive people through plagiarism then it is against moral ethics.

i have seen fellow students who fail an entire unit because of plagiarism of missing out on quoting in assignments.

in the past, it was harder to reference. everytime you cite, you need to write down the necessary information in the reference section. now? with help of software, it is so much easier. just input the necessary information, then with click of 1 button, it is almost done.

anyway, i recently completed assignment, almost the entire assignment is under reference. why? my lecturer say at my level we students are not up to standard to say anything. so need to cite.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Can't even have any self-expression?

Originally posted by triton View Post
    anyway, i recently completed assignment, almost the entire assignment is under reference. why? my lecturer say at my level we students are not up to standard to say anything. so need to cite.

Comment

also like to add, i notice in forums, there are cases where the information is copied from one site and then pasted on another website. does this constitute to plagiarism?

i think it is easier to link to the source. so that people can click on the link to the original site. why? first reason is that by copy and pasting, what if there is a amendment of information. it would not be reflected in the post that was copied and paste.

i believe that many members' intention is to share the information. this i like to thank all of you who share such information in our community here.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

From my understanding, it is a must to quote where you get your source from. However, it is more important to come up with your own ideas and arguments. Yes, Lecturer do mind if you don't quote your source, but more importantly, your lecturer will be looking for your own thoughts on that particular subject. An assignment full of reference but with no original ideas usually score low marks from my experience. Just a thought, cheers!
        Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

you can have your own ideas. but it must be supported by academics in the field.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          Can't even have any self-expression?
          Originally posted by soulmama View Post
          From my understanding, it is a must to quote where you get your source from. However, it is more important to come up with your own ideas and arguments. Yes, Lecturer do mind if you don't quote your source, but more importantly, your lecturer will be looking for your own thoughts on that particular subject.

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

yes, full of reference will score low marks. but i have seen an assignment full of reference with gel ideas given to us students as a 'role model' paper. this paper scored distinction.

i get the understanding is that you have own ideas that is supported by academics in the field. then you gel your thoughts and views with supporting quotes. i did that and i got decent marks.

Originally posted by soulmama View Post
            An assignment full of reference but with no original ideas usually score low marks from my experience. Just a thought, cheers!

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              you can have your own ideas. but it must be supported by academics in the field.
              If it must be supported by academics in that particular field, then it does not qualified as 'own ideas". I think at the end of the day, it is how you present your arguments to your lecturer. Of course, if you do used sources from whatever medium, do reference it. Never easy to generate an original idea let alone write a book about it.
              Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X