No announcement yet.

caring for your watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what???! I am the only one to wear bezel protector when I go out????!
    You guys are really garang with your watches!
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      what???! I am the only one to wear bezel protector when I go out????!
      You guys are really garang with your watches!

no lah not garang lah.......when i got co event when need to drink, i dun wear any watch not even my g shock so there is no care needed, haha

Comment

Originally posted by Foxbat View Post
        no lah not garang lah.......when i got co event when need to drink, i dun wear any watch not even my g shock so there is no care needed, haha
        Yes, this is how one cares for his/her watch. You should know what to wear and for which occasion. I will never wear an expensive watch to go drinking at a night spot, if I know I will get high/tipsy over alcohol.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          so strange.

i see the comments that you people are pretty protective over your watch. but then the voting seems otherwise.

no offence hor.
          Strange"... There r different between me go kissing wall & some aXXXXXX jump on me kissing wif cheapo lipstick har" Kekeke
          Last edited by triton; 20-06-10, 11:01 AM. Reason: edited for implict language

Comment

how to wear it carefully?

use bezel protector?
            wear long sleeves cover the watch?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Simply because you don't have an option of "Wearing it very carefully"..
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

so does that mean that you accept it is your fault when your watch get into accident with your knowledge?

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
              Strange"... There r different between me go kissing wall & some aXXXXXX jump on me kissing wif cheapo lipstick har" Kekeke
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

if the watch is newly bought, I will be pretty anal abt protecting it. but that probably lasts a few weeks and then back to normal.

I wear it normally, BUT am trained to avoid contact with other wrists in crowded places. Other than that, walking, woring on desk, etc, I tend to bo chup. (think thats why my clasp there got lots of swril marks.

However, have to note, i am pretty sensitive with people handling my watch My moto is, if got scratchm damage, hopefully I am the one to have caused it and not cos I hand it over to someone else to handle and it got damaged
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i see one voter wears it with EXTREME care.

believe someone else once told me that the person use long sleeves to protect it and be extreme careful when @ desk.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    i see one voter wears it with EXTREME care.

believe someone else once told me that the person use long sleeves to protect it and be extreme careful when @ desk.
                    me monday to fri have to wear long sleeves so no issues here haha...
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

My vote....you wear as normal, take it in stride if there is accident.

Real life...watch is like new car. Very anal when you first collect it. Park every where check got nick or not, got branch from tree, got lamp-post and bird **** etc.

Watch also like that....

After few experience both with car and watch, 'see open'!

2 weeks old car got hit by flying stone and windscreen got a 'web' dial design.
                      Mint Pam 190 knock against good friend's Rolex TT ladyjust at buffet dinner. I got 1 nick and she did not even check her watch. When I keep looking at my watch, she asked what's wrong. BN AP wore fir first time to a concert, light dimmed and I was reaching out for railing...then hear sound of bezel hitting steel railing. Whole concert mind not there. Let wife wear my Sub out...come back with a chipped glass. Asked how it happened? Ans: Don't know and why your watch so ex and damage so easily

Now, 'see open' and wear like my wife's and friend's attitude. Like this end up fewer cases of knocking.

Comment

usually when i hand over my watch to someone to view. i expect the other party to handle it with due care. but if accident occurs, i accept it. but if if someone who handles it roughly, then differently.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        However, have to note, i am pretty sensitive with people handling my watch My moto is, if got scratchm damage, hopefully I am the one to have caused it and not cos I hand it over to someone else to handle and it got damaged

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

wow bro, i am pretty much e same as you on e "protecting e newly bought watch" and "scratches caused by myself and not other people" thingy

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          if the watch is newly bought, I will be pretty anal abt protecting it. but that probably lasts a few weeks and then back to normal.

I wear it normally, BUT am trained to avoid contact with other wrists in crowded places. Other than that, walking, woring on desk, etc, I tend to bo chup. (think thats why my clasp there got lots of swril marks.

Comment

Think we all try to be a bit careful whatever watch (except rubber/plastic ones like G-shock) we wear but knocking is a matter of 'heng' or 'sway'.

Can go nice dinner (sounds low risk) and kenna scratches. I once wore my sub to reservist field exercise for 3 days (high risk) and no damage. So think its heng/sway or just take it if it happens.

Comment

wow bro, painful sia, i will go nutz if that happens to my, i havent got "enlightenment" yet

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              My vote....you wear as normal, take it in stride if there is accident.

Real life...watch is like new car. Very anal when you first collect it. Park every where check got nick or not, got branch from tree, got lamp-post and bird **** etc.

Watch also like that....

After few experience both with car and watch, 'see open'!

2 weeks old car got hit by flying stone and windscreen got a 'web' dial design.
                              Mint Pam 190 knock against good friend's Rolex TT ladyjust at buffet dinner. I got 1 nick and she did not even check her watch. When I keep looking at my watch, she asked what's wrong. BN AP wore fir first time to a concert, light dimmed and I was reaching out for railing...then hear sound of bezel hitting steel railing. Whole concert mind not there. Let wife wear my Sub out...come back with a chipped glass. Asked how it happened? Ans: Don't know and why your watch so ex and damage so easily

Now, 'see open' and wear like my wife's and friend's attitude. Like this end up fewer cases of knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by michi0301 View Post
                                wow bro, painful sia, i will go nutz if that happened to my, i havent got "enlightenment" yet
                                I was like nuts lor. So heartpain that I did not enjoy the concert which I paid for. Later think back. Watch already hurt...then waste more money cos got so affected that did not enjoy concert. Not worth it. sigh....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X