Not a fan of big size watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a fan of big size watch

Many forumers contributing their ideas here looks like a great majority are fans of big watches (say size >41mm).

I have small wrist and hand for someone my size, and I would not like to draw attention to that fact, so most of my watches are at most 39mm with the exception of Big Crown Oris which does not have much wrist time as it is 41mm.

I love wearing my 34mm Portofino, 36mm 6694 and seikos and such occasionally and my daily beater is Omega 39mm. My target watch in focus are 14060M and Solid Gold 36mm DD or DJ.

So I a still resistant to get another big size watch, even seeing and drooling over so many Pams in this forum, and so I wonder how many are still loving those <41mm watches here.

SAY NO TO >41mm watches,,,,, hahaha,,,, will it be a fad that end soon and come back to the sense of proportion of 36-39mm?

The beauty about watches is there are so many different brands,sizes and shapes for all the WISes...as the saying goes...buy wad ur heart desire...diff watches sing out differently to different ppl....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i owned watches ranging 31mm to 55mm in case sizes...no problems on my 6" wrist...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It's personal preference. But most importantly, it's a matter of getting used to.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It's a matter of getting used to but most importantly, it's personal preference.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

after wearing pams, anything less than 40mm I tend to avoid. but sometimes, you also have to consider the design of the lugs as they play a role in the 'overall' size of the watch.
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

I read this from somewhere, but i think it makes sense.

A woman wears a big watch so that it shows how small and dainty her wrist is.

A man shouldn't do the same, because why on earth does he want to show that his wrist is dainty and small.

He should wear a watch that fits.
              My Humble Collection:
              Universal Geneve Uni Compax 18k Cal.285
              Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80.00
              Omega Constellation Vintage Goldcapped Cal.564
              Vostok Amphibian Black Radio Room
              Orient Mako - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                after wearing pams, anything less than 40mm I tend to avoid. but sometimes, you also have to consider the design of the lugs as they play a role in the 'overall' size of the watch.
                +1

I have seen 39 mm watch (IWC Mk XVI) with long long lug to lug width that I cannot wear
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

what fits?

Originally posted by beatific View Post
                  I read this from somewhere, but i think it makes sense.

A woman wears a big watch so that it shows how small and dainty her wrist is.

A man shouldn't do the same, because why on earth does he want to show that his wrist is dainty and small.

He should wear a watch that fits.
                  i supposed the key word here is "fit". what's the definition? If you watch tennis, you will see that Federer wears a tight fitting shirt. But look at Andy Roddick..his shirt seems two sizes too large for him! But i bet if u ask them, they will both say that their shirt fits...

Comment

Wear what makes you feel good. May it be a 50mm or a ladies size. As long as you feel good wearing it, " Size doesn't matter " that's Imho of coz...
                    Good day
                    相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

SIZE does Matters !!

Tink my first sentence doesn't really matters in this thread.

Wear something we are comfortable and tells accurate time that is the most important.

Comment

I know what I like and enjoy wearing, it would appears many (major major contributors here) are fans of big size watches,,,,

so i was wondering if there are others who are like me who are not a big watch fan yet.....

Comment

Wear a watch if you like. It's pointless to buy it from what others say. Different people have different views and wrists. Choose 1 that deems fit. But I feel it's a matter of getting used. Once you are used to a big watch, "smaller" size watch would be different.

Comment

Personally, I think it is a matter of getting used to...

I used to wear 36mm men size watches, until I got a 42mm watch...now I only purchase watches btw 40-43mm...got too used to the size liao...

Comment

I have relatively slim wrists and prefer watches between 39mm - 42mm ... There are some exceptions though (e.g. I still have a 44mm GO Senator Navigator ND & a Pam 88 in my current collection).
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X