Watches Overhaul??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watches Overhaul??

Just for the sake of discussion. I had a dream last night (think I'm really going nutz about watches). Briefly, I posted all my current watches up for sale and they were gone in a jiffy. Didn't profit but manage to level. My aim was to target at 1/2 good, solid watches, and settle down with it/them, at least for the next 3-5 years. If I didn't recall wrongly, I was looking to acquire a white EXP II and a Submariner/GMT M2c

Now, this is eating into me the whole morning and I was like thinking, I may be able to do that

I'm just curious if what I'm going thru' is what some of you here have gone thru'? In other words, getting rid of your whole entire collection and settle down with your ultimate.

Share-share, ok.
    The Crown Of Achievement

For me, my aim for the next 3-5 years would be to build up on my savings & funds for investment.
    I find that it's a little poisonous to hang out in watch forums sometimes..haha..

I aim to get a good ss watch for weekend, clubbing, parties & hanging out with friends..since ive already got a good beater for weekdays.
    Don't want a power watch..afterall, i think 2 or 3 presentable watches which can wear outside should be more than enough. only got 1 wrist and it's only for telling the time..therefore think i won't go beyond limit.

must exercise self discipline and control..keke
    Last edited by Mille; 08-06-08, 03:26 PM.
    Opportunities come once

Comment

From my watch collecting experience, I went through the same consideration as you dreamt, especially when I was drolling over my 'grail' watch. Always told myself, sell other 'junk' watches, consolidate into 2-3 grail watches. But at end, after buying my grail watch, the itch came back. There will be another grail watches. Never ending. Trust me (if you stick to this hobby)
      [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
      [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
      [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
      [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
      [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
      [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
        Never ending. Trust me (if you stick to this hobby)
        "Hobby"?...no man this is an addiction

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
          From my watch collecting experience, I went through the same consideration as you dreamt, especially when I was drolling over my 'grail' watch. Always told myself, sell other 'junk' watches, consolidate into 2-3 grail watches. But at end, after buying my grail watch, the itch came back. There will be another grail watches. Never ending. Trust me (if you stick to this hobby)
          Yeah I agree...even though you sell your whole collection...for that 1 watch...the itch will still come back...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

HELP!!! I'm dying...!!!!!!!!!!!
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Its never enough. I am going to get my 10th rolex this month or next.
              Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
              Rolex LV submariner
              Rolex TT black submariner
              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
              Rolex Non date submariner
              Rolex Explorer2
              More...

Comment

IMO, 3 would be just right for 3 main functions. 1 for work (daily beater), 1 for the weekend (causal outings), and 1 for more formal occasion (dressier watch). Once this is decided, then there can always be flipping and acquiring of new ones for the purposes of serving the 3 functions but it is always limited to 3. Sometimes, having too many watches can be a chore as u may not have wristime for some while others have more. But what do I know since I don't have many and I'm still working towards my no. 3 . my 2 cents...
                HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                  Its never enough. I am going to get my 10th rolex this month or next.
                  That sounds great man Looking forward to see what's number 10 gonna be

Comment

Been thinking of selling most of my watches and streamline my collection to around 12 'better' watches for some months now but no success there .... Always can't decide what to sell ...
                    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                      Been thinking of selling most of my watches and streamline my collection to around 12 'better' watches for some months now but no success there .... Always can't decide what to sell ...
                      Because everything is gd also hehe

Comment

No I think psee is pure GREEDY...
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          No I think psee is pure GREEDY...
                          You dare say you are not ?

Comment

I m NOT as greedy la.. My collection eventually will b limited to less than 7-8 pcs. I'm only into my fourth, or may b none soon, 'cause I m seriously intending to realise my dream..
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              I m NOT as greedy la.. My collection eventually will b limited to less than 7-8 pcs. I'm only into my fourth, or may b none soon, 'cause I m seriously intending to realise my dream..
                              Haha...all the best dude

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X