On Hold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Hold?

Looking through some second hand watch dealers' website, there are some watches listed "On Hold" yet not sold. What does it mean by "On Hold"? (Quite a stupid question hoh...) Can I still buy from them if the watch is "On Hold"? If "On Hold" is possible, how long can I hold the watch? Why so many these "On Hold" listed? Its either sold or available, are they trying to "create" market?

My understanding if the sellers put it on hold means someone has shown interest in the watch and the fund is on the way to seller. Usually not long after that, the status will change to sold. If the status on hold is forever, then it's suspicious
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      Looking through some second hand watch dealers' website, there are some watches listed "On Hold" yet not sold. What does it mean by "On Hold"? (Quite a stupid question hoh...) Can I still buy from them if the watch is "On Hold"? If "On Hold" is possible, how long can I hold the watch? Why so many these "On Hold" listed? Its either sold or available, are they trying to "create" market?
      On hold means...like reserved la.

Probably if the seller back out you can buy lor,but if not they will sell to the 1 that reserved it. How long u can HOLD depends on the dealer la....No they are not trying to CREATE market.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

simply put that it is as good as sold, only thing is that the seller has not received funds yet and as such, will be re offered to the market when/if the deal falls thru.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

It means potential buyer "reserved" first and dropping by to take a look later at wqatch condition - not necessary means the buyer waiting for funding $. Usually ON HOLD wiil update as SOLD next few days.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X