Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knows how does MDA determine whether you have a TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone knows how does MDA determine whether you have a TV?

Happen to chance upon MDA site, login with SingPass and found I have outstanding of $500++ of fees unpaid from 2008.

I write in and they say cannot do backdate of TV Licence and say I must pay.

They can suka suka charge people one meh?

every house is assumed to have TV and thus tv licence,,,,,

proof yourself to be amish and house has no tv,,,,,,,, if not MUST pay

Comment

yes, if u declare that ur house no tv... then when they come ur house spotcheck and find out that u got tv, then u are asking for big time trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
        Happen to chance upon MDA site, login with SingPass and found I have outstanding of $500++ of fees unpaid from 2008.

I write in and they say cannot do backdate of TV Licence and say I must pay.

They can suka suka charge people one meh?
        Becos....... u have been paying it till 2008. from 2008, u din pay.....so they charge u fees and fines......

MDA got ruling stated that if u used to own a TV and decided not to have it... u must write in to them and told them u dun own a TV liao. if u dun, they charge you till u paid them..

Also, don't ever combine your property tax and TV together.. if not, they will become .....like your road tax with radio license...
        劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

No, I got my house in 2006, a resale..
          Since then I did not pay for it.
          Never had a TV installed until this year as I usually stay at my in laws..

They started combining the licence with my property tax and I ignore it because I got none.

I read on their website that if I don't pay, they will issue a inspection letter but from 2006 till now I did not receive any plus I already pay for this year one.

I find the way they do things a bit ridiculous..

Comment

Whoa, in Jakarta since 1990 and still have not paid a TV tax, last I heard about it was in 2000 and not since then.

Comment

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
              No, I got my house in 2006, a resale..
              Since then I did not pay for it.
              Never had a TV installed until this year as I usually stay at my in laws..

They started combining the licence with my property tax and I ignore it because I got none.

I read on their website that if I don't pay, they will issue a inspection letter but from 2006 till now I did not receive any plus I already pay for this year one.

I find the way they do things a bit ridiculous..
              TV licence will follow the person who make the first payment. I'm sure that you did paid for TV licence fees previously for yourself or on behalf of others using your name(NRIC). Now u own a property, they automatically tag the tv licence fees to the property taxes regardless whether u own a TV or not? unless u wrote in before and informed them u dun own any TV in your resale flat/house.

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

no nid to go your house to check.......do u subscribe to mio tv/ hubstation?
                Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Originally posted by 4Dvisor View Post
                  TV licence will follow the person who make the first payment. I'm sure that you did paid for TV licence fees previously for yourself or on behalf of others using your name(NRIC). Now u own a property, they automatically tag the tv licence fees to the property taxes regardless whether u own a TV or not? unless u wrote in before and informed them u dun own any TV in your resale flat/house.
                  No, this is my first home and I did not pay for TV licence before.

Comment

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
                    no nid to go your house to check.......do u subscribe to mio tv/ hubstation?
                    Does it matter? In the first place telcos are not allow to divulge customers info.. Plus having a mio or cable subscription does not mean I have a TV at home..

Comment

How much MDA collected for TV licence?

$110 per household per year.

How much of us live in HDB flat?

HDB flats alone....... they can collect a lot of $$$

Any brudders here know how many units of HDB flat in Singapore?

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Dvisor View Post
                        $110 per household per year.

How much of us live in HDB flat?

HDB flats alone....... they can collect a lot of $$$

Any brudders here know how many units of HDB flat in Singapore?
                        about 220,000 hdb houses in singapore

Comment

Originally posted by gilberto View Post
                          about 220,000 hdb houses in singapore
                          wow,remind me of wheel of fortune favourite line."big money big money"
                          累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Well.. We the ppl are kana leeched by Parasite Party.
                            Blood is sucked continuously any place, anytime.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X