Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SingTel Mio's World Cup telecast....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...062798/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Some footballs fans who caught the World Cup on SingTel's Mio TV said that their viewing pleasure was marred by the poor transmission quality of the matches.

One of them is 19-year-old Lee Zheng Xuan, a student from the Singapore Polytechnic.

He said: "It was the first match of the World Cup. When we turned on the World Cup channel on Mio TV, the image just didn't load. We just got lots of grainy pictures and bits of sound here and there.

“We called SingTel. When we finally got through, the guy told my father to turn off the set top box and wait for about five seconds, turn it back on for the thing to restart.

“And he said, we should wait 15 to 20 minutes for the channel to load. We got even more frustrated because the match was going to start in about ten to 15 minutes."

Zheng Xuan said that he followed SingTel's instructions and only managed to catch the last few minutes of the first half of the match.

He added: "Fortunately, it was the first match and Channel 5 was allowed to air it for free. So we watched it on Channel 5 on another TV. So what are going to do now as Plan B to watch the matches live? I guess we have no choice but to go to a StarHub subscriber's place to watch or go to the nearest McDonald's."

Another Mio TV subscriber, 61-year-old Johnny Goh encountered a similar problem during the match between Uruguay and France.

He said: "Within a space of 15 to 20 minutes, the picture hanged. In order to rest, I had to switch to another channel and switch back again. It hanged about four times. I've got to live with it for this month. The matches are sometimes early in the morning. So it's not convenient to go out to McDonald's or my friends' place to watch."

When contacted, a SingTel spokesperson said that there is a small delay present in both cable TV and mio TV.

For SingTel's mio TV, the enhanced features and advanced technology of the Internet Protocol or IPTV platform require conversion of the original TV footage from video signals to IP packets, resulting in this delay.

The spokesperson added that SingTel's customers are informed of this at the point of sale and sign up.

A mio TV subscription to the World Cup enables customers to watch all 64 matches LIVE and in HD and a subscription also includes complimentary access to SingTel Mobile and internet simulcast.

The spokesperson said that last night, some customers contacted SingTel about experiencing some disruption and they were able to resolve most of them very quickly.

In some cases, SingTel dispatched technical support staff to their homes and found that there were issues due to unique circumstances within customers' homes - for example the age of internal wiring within homes. - CNA/vm
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

from the article, it seems that to ST and SH mentality, its you pay, you may get to watch.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X