Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not many have subscribed to the World cup..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not many have subscribed to the World cup..

Did u subscribe? Or will u be chionging down to a local pub / Mcdonalds?
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Good news.

In protest of the way the telco handled this and the 7-fold increase in price, I have not only not subscribed to the WC but cancel all sports channel on my starhub cable. Also not going mio and decided to take a 3 years break from BPL.

Consumer right against exploitation by FIFA and the telco.

No withdrawal symdrones (pun not intended).

Comment

I don't follow soccer except world cup. With the rising charges for sports, I have canceled my starhub last year. And also my in laws' starhub.

That is 2 less customer subject to their greed. hahaha

Competition and "free market" suppose to drive cost down.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

i cancel the entire starhub cable....prefer to stick to free to air programmes...anyway i don't watch much becoz i am out most of the time...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post

Did u subscribe? Or will u be chionging down to a local pub / Mcdonalds?
          i'm one of the 37...
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

any possibilities of some site having net telecast?
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Aiya 4 years one time world cup....I just subscrib....

Don't know can see the next 4 years anot...

Comment

Whatever the take up rate is, the telcos will always say that the numbers are encouraging! It's a shame the figures aren't transparent for the public to see.

We shall see what the outcome is in 4 years time!

PS. I too am also not subscribing purely out of protest.

Comment

Another +1 for NOT subscribing. Purely as a way to make a statement not to be held hostage.

On the topic of TV: Both telco and IDA screwed up. IDA supposed to open up TV market in Singapore but ended up making consumers pay more $. Some programs are on ST and some on SH, so forcing consumers to subscribe to both telco, end up paying more $$$ They call this opening the market

Rather spend money on watches than on helping telco to increase their revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                    Stupid right? They are more than happy to show subscriber numbers when they're doing well. But when things go south coz of their screwups, suddenly "unable" to show the numbers

Direct result of being greedy

Comment

cannot be too happy. since telco kinda business is an oligopoly kinda structure. Whatever they lose, they can easily transfer to consumers of their telco plans.

An easy raise of 2-5 bucks per postpaid subscription plan and they can easily get back and potential loses here. We as consumers in the end still have no choice but to continnue to pay for our mobiles.
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

This boycott is timely. With a 7-fold increase in price, if they still make good money, the next WC will go even higher. My children will someday not be able to watch WC.

They should lose some money and made this known to FIFA so that we no need to suck thumb next time round.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
                          Another +1 for NOT subscribing. Purely as a way to make a statement not to be held hostage.

On the topic of TV: Both telco and IDA screwed up. IDA supposed to open up TV market in Singapore but ended up making consumers pay more $. Some programs are on ST and some on SH, so forcing consumers to subscribe to both telco, end up paying more $$$ They call this opening the market

Rather spend money on watches than on helping telco to increase their revenue.

Well.... both also r owned by SG gahment... so ur $ put into A or B also end up in the same person's pocket...
                          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Edward Ying eating his own words now!!
                            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                              i'm one of the 37...
                              You can't be one of the 37 because you don't live in a HDB flat..
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X