Iphone 4 out in SG in July...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 4 out in SG in July...

Meanwhile, here's what we know in terms of availability. The iPhone 4 will come in two colors: Black and white. The 16GB version will retail at US$199, while the 32GB model will go for US$299. A new 8GB 3GS model will also be available at US$99. It was not elaborated if these prices include an AT&T mobile contract, but we suspect it does so the price will vary according to region.

The iPhone 4 will go on sale in the US, France, Germany, UK and Japan on June 24. Preorders begin on June 15. In the US, Apple has an agreement with AT&T to allow current users whose contract expires anytime in 2010 to upgrade to the iPhone 4 early.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland will get the iPhone 4 in July.

By September, the iPhone 4 will be available in a total of 88 countries.

Software upgrades for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch will be available on June 21, although not all the features are supported on the iPhone 3G. The first-generation iPod touch will not get the update.

Key highlights:
    Design. The iPhone 4 is 9.3mm thin which is 24-percent slimmer than the iPhone 3GS. It has a front-facing camera, microSIM card tray and 5-megapixel camera with built-in LED flash at the back. At the bottom is the microphone, 30-pin connector and speakers, while the additional microphone, second sleep/wake and noise cancellation buttons are on the top. Antennas are integrated right in the stainless steel structure of the phone. The front and back of the phone are made of glass.

Retina Display. The pixel density has been increased by four times to a whopping 326 pixels-per-inch. According to Jobs, 300 pixels is the limit of the human retina. The touchscreen measures 3.5 inches diagonally and features the same in-plane switching display as the iPad. Contrast ratio is 800:1 and resolution is 960 x 640 pixels. According to Jobs, iOS 4 automatically renders apps to run on the upgraded display without having the developer code specially for the new screen.

Hardware. The iPhone 4 features the Apple A4 chip similar to the iPad. The battery is rated for 7 hours of 3G talktime, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hours of video playback, 40 hours of music playback and 300 hours on standby. It supports quad-band GSM with 7.2Mbps HSDPA, 5.8Mbps HSUPA, 802.11n Wi-Fi and GPS.

Gyroscope. The iPhone 4 comes with a 3-axis gyroscope with pitch, roll and yaw. It works together with the accelerometer to provide a 6-axis motion sensing. Together with the new CoreMotion APIs, you get more precise positioning for gaming and apps.

Camera. The 5-megapixel camera features a back-side illuminated sensor with 1.75 micron-size pixels. Other features include a 5x digital zoom, tap to focus, built-in LED flash and high-definition 720p video capture at 30fps. You can also tap to focus and switch on the LED flash during video recording. Geo-location tagging is also supported.

iMovie for iPhone. iMovie will allow users to splice their videos and add transitions, pan/zoom and themes. Clips can be exported in 360p, 540p and 720p resolutions. The app will cost US$4.99.

FaceTime. FaceTime video calling works between iPhone 4 devices wherever there is Wi-Fi. No setup is required. Supports both landscape and portrait mode. Since it can use the rear camera for video. you can use it with older iPhones though if you think about it FaceTime only makes sense between two iPhone 4s. However, Steve Jobs mentioned that the new application codes will become open standard so hopefully we might see FaceTime on other platforms. For now, only Wi-Fi connection is supported for 2010.

iOS 4. The operating system which runs on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is now simply renamed as iOS 4. Google will still be the default search engine, although users can now choose between Google, Yahoo or Bing though the former is still the default search engine.

iBooks. It has the exact same features as iBook on the iPad. You can download the same book to the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad at no extra charge. It will also automatically wirelessly sync current place, bookmarks and notes across all devices so you can continue where you left off regardless of the machine you use.

iAds. We can see why Jobs is pushing this, but this has little relevance to the average end-user. That said, WWDC is still a developer’s conference. Apple is selling and hosting the ads, so developers need to know only where to place the apps. They get paid 60-percent of the revenue. Tapping the ad makes the ad go full screen and not bring you out of the app. Starts July 1 for all iOS 4 devices.

Accessories. There's a new US$29 dock. There's also an iPhone case called Bumper which will go for US$29 as well.

http://asia.cnet.com/2010/06/08/appl...es-os-to-ios4/
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

It's finally here!!

Comment

Good news indeed. Time for me to jump onto iPhone bandwagon

Comment

Waiting for it n jump onboard
        "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Wah I wonder how much is it, sure burn my pockets..

Comment

just wondering. would singapore get the full coverage for new stuff like iBook?

I mean, for Singapore the itune seem to be a tone down version where we cant buy songs, movies and stuff.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Gonna get it since my n97 cocking up.
              Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                Don't worry. It will NOT burn as bad as the majority of the watches discussed on this site.

Comment

Cool. time for me to get 1 too.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Just 1 killer apps I need:

Blackberry Messenger and I will buy them.

Comment

yay! anyone wants a iphone 3Gs?
                      fallraen
                      "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
                        yay! anyone wants a iphone 3Gs?
                        I donch mind if price is low low and condition is good good
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

The list price is similar when they launch the 3GS last year. So i guess the price will be around the same.

Originally posted by RTS View Post

Comment

Originally posted by darrentyl View Post
                            The list price is similar when they launch the 3GS last year. So i guess the price will be around the same.
                            knowing this country, I wont be surprised if there is a hike in price as compared to last year. or rather, maybe plan price also increase.

Comment

Guess we just have to wait.

If other telco are also interested with the deal which I think so. The price of the phone and the plan must be competitive.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              knowing this country, I wont be surprised if there is a hike in price as compared to last year. or rather, maybe plan price also increase.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X