Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long would you provide for your kid till?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
    Don't be silly to believe that kids and children gives you a sense of completeness for a family..

This is a propaganda by the government so that they have enough people to pay tax...

Kids gives you nothing but additional trouble from time to time.. That's all..

Stop!
    lol. I have a friend also like that. He told me not to have kids. Why bring them into Singapore to suffer. Esp when in the future, competition is everything and everyday will be more and more stressful.

actually, I feel theres an element of truth in it lah. no offence intended to anyone. But then I still would like to have 1 or 2 children. just personal preference.

just worried if i can afford as well as be capable enuff to nurtue them thats all.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

did someone write about bringing up a kid will cost 180k from birth to 18?

my parents must be damn bloody good for bring up 7 of us.

anyway, my friends and i (in our mid 40s) are of similiar minds that we shall provide for our kids to a basic singapore uni degree, then they can stay with use till they on their own.

want master or overseas degree,,,,, they better have good planning,,,,,,

Comment

With the skyrocketing prices of property and basic necessities in Singapore, it's getting tougher for parents, especially for young couples.

Comment

I think alot of us now have to provide for our parents.

this is also my concern. If everything ok, of cos no issue lah, every mth give monthly allowance and stuff. but if something happens, I hate to say this but my parent's generation they apparently do not believe in insurance. Hence, any medical expenses that I have to incurr will have to be thru my own pocket. I really don mind since they are my parent.

I am just concerned if I have a child, how to juggle between saving for child, as well as saving for the unforeseen medical conditions of my getting older parents.

Just a bit worried to be caught in btw this situation. a few to 10ks of medical is still manageable. But sometimes, conditions drag (as per my granny) and what we take back from salary is def not able to cover for long if such situations arise. gahmen wont help cos they wills ay have siblings etc etc etc...sigh...but how many siblings are really able to help out
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            I think alot of us now have to provide for our parents.

this is also my concern. If everything ok, of cos no issue lah, every mth give monthly allowance and stuff. but if something happens, I hate to say this but my parent's generation they apparently do not believe in insurance. Hence, any medical expenses that I have to incurr will have to be thru my own pocket. I really don mind since they are my parent.

I am just concerned if I have a child, how to juggle between saving for child, as well as saving for the unforeseen medical conditions of my getting older parents.

Just a bit worried to be caught in btw this situation. a few to 10ks of medical is still manageable. But sometimes, conditions drag (as per my granny) and what we take back from salary is def not able to cover for long if such situations arise. gahmen wont help cos they wills ay have siblings etc etc etc...sigh...but how many siblings are really able to help out
            bro, you'll get them sorted out once you're in that situation one way or the other....

my dad's just recently bedridden and i'm supporting 2 families (parents are not working..have to give them allowance), paying 2 mortgages, the souring medical bills (hiring nurses + medicines + consultation), utilities, insurance and etc...

don't worry too much.....there's nothing certain in the world..except death and taxes....maybe ya kena 4D when you've a new kid? who knows right?
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
              bro, you'll get them sorted out once you're in that situation one way or the other....

my dad's just recently bedridden and i'm supporting 2 families (parents are not working..have to give them allowance), paying 2 mortgages, the souring medical bills (hiring nurses + medicines + consultation), utilities, insurance and etc...

don't worry too much.....there's nothing certain in the world..except death and taxes....maybe ya kena 4D when you've a new kid? who knows right?
              thanks for sharing and sorry to hear abt the situation that you are in.

Do take care!

ya, I think I worry too much haha...

Comment

i will provide for my kids til i cannot do so...hehehe...simple old sch type of mentality lar...which parents will let their own kids suffer and starve right...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  lol. I have a friend also like that. He told me not to have kids. Why bring them into Singapore to suffer. Esp when in the future, competition is everything and everyday will be more and more stressful.

actually, I feel theres an element of truth in it lah. no offence intended to anyone. But then I still would like to have 1 or 2 children. just personal preference.

just worried if i can afford as well as be capable enuff to nurtue them thats all.
                  Before I got married, I did not think I needed all the trouble of having a wife. Then, I did and found it sweet and sour...like before marriage.
                  Then, I never wanted a kid due to so many reasons. But, I got 1 girl and she gave me many reasons to do many things....A chiche but she completes me.
                  Did I think so much then? Not too much. I knew I could give her enough to eat, live and play. That's enough reason to have a kid. Other things, I just try along the way.
                  My second girl is coming soon and I am equally please though I always thot 1 is enough.
                  Just buy 2 watches less a year would be enough to provide for them.
                  Darn good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                    Before I got married, I did not think I needed all the trouble of having a wife. Then, I did and found it sweet and sour...like before marriage.
                    Then, I never wanted a kid due to so many reasons. But, I got 1 girl and she gave me many reasons to do many things....A chiche but she completes me.
                    Did I think so much then? Not too much. I knew I could give her enough to eat, live and play. That's enough reason to have a kid. Other things, I just try along the way.
                    My second girl is coming soon and I am equally please though I always thot 1 is enough.
                    Just buy 2 watches less a year would be enough to provide for them.
                    Darn good deal!
                    haha congratulations on your incoming bundle of joy!

Comment

Girls are great! I agree wholeheartedly!!!!

Comment

Hi all,

I have a boy 15 and a girl 13. I agreed that bring up children is always never easy. I never expect any payback but we enjoy every moment together.

I will provide for education as far as they can go. The rest is depending on how things come along, for this, you would never know. I mean for good and for bad.

They have insurance coverage immediately after their full month. I believe in insurance, it can be used for education, if needed.

If you think about how our earlier generation brought us up, it will not be so scary. The have big family, and children just have to get the equal share of what the family can provide. The older siblings have to help the family and the younger ones, this is very common those day.

Anyway, like I have mentioned here before, our early generation have survived their way of life and excelled. We would have our chances, and our next generation would also able to survive in their environment and excel too.

Do not worry for providing not enough, I think we have to worry about providing too much, our next generation are lacking fighting spirit.

So, go ahead, have children, have fun bring them up like your parents.

Cheers,

Comment

no offence.

early generation especially ppl from 45 above currently can work hard to earn money. current generation from 25-39 not only have to work hard but smart also to earn money. i cannot imagine the next generation. what must they do to earn money.

look @ the standard of living we are leading, how many of us are in debt? i have house loans that i dont know if i can ever finish paying. it is a HDB flat mind you. in fact, i always tell ppl, i own a section of air space in sg. the government owns the land. im paying for an air space which is not mine. when government say en-bloc, u have to change location and start to renovate all over again.

in the past, my parents where got think of getting insurance for the children. they are like get along as time go by. a few luxury items along the way is good. then come the rat race.

10 years ago, when you are a graduate you are considered very good liao. now? it seems that everyone is aiming for a Masters in whatever field. maybe next time, our children will have the title Dr. in front of their names. i wont be surprise.

so how long will you want to provide? i will provide as long as i can. but if you ask me how much will i provide for them, now that is a different topic altogether. it depends on what you are capable of.

as mentioned, i will want to teach my kids to fish for themselves. i can fish for them, but how long can i do that? it is time limited.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X