Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long would you provide for your kid till?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would you provide for your kid till?

well, this has been in my mind for quite a while.

just wondering, at what age would you continue to provide for your kid? as-in would you continue to give him allowance when he is like gg to poly, uni and all the way till he get a job mayb at the age of 25?

For me, I had to start working for my keep once I hit 'O' levels. of cos, my parents still gave me a bit of help here and there and paid for my school fees till I was in JC. however, I was encouraged to learn to work and be self sufficient.

the thing that is gg thru my mind (and the reason why I am afraid to have kids), is that, how much do I really need if I plan to provide for him till he gets a job after uni/poly/JC (I hope he doesnt stop at 'O' level!!).

its really quite worrying in view that I have 2 sides of older parents to take care of (inlaws as well as my own parents), and then if I have a kid or 2, where to get the money? Not to mention that my house loan is still being paid till 30 years later, daily expenses and stuff..

paisei, starting to rant le...but just kinda scary loh...but I also know, if I delay any longer, its also not too good for me and my wife
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

personally, i will provide for my kids as long as im able to. however, one important thing to consider is get their insurance asap including medical.

believe me, medical insurance is important for a kid. it does not matter how much premium. but at least there is some form of coverage.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

medical as in medishield and stuff to cover the hospitalisation?

insurance is it those like every month we pay 100+ then when we die or have critical illness we get a lump sum back?
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

for me? until they finish heir uni (if they want to study in uni...it's their lives)...may throw in the deposit for their house..then that's it...
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          personally, i will provide for my kids as long as im able to. however, one important thing to consider is get their insurance asap including medical.

believe me, medical insurance is important for a kid. it does not matter how much premium. but at least there is some form of coverage.

Very true Triton, my Indonesian wife says kick them loose when they finish the university, I said we will pay our child's univeristy fees and she can work to earn her money as well while going to school. Good hard work never harmed anyone. And very true about the insurance, it is relativily cheap compared to what the insurance could pay out.

Comment

Medical Insurance is what I meant.

Comment

I have some friends that say "if wanna go uni, they have to start saving young or work reall hard o get scholarship".

reason being that they were poor themselves and worked really hard to be able to pay for their fees.

I hear le feel like a bit tough on the kids leh. I mean, scholarship not easy to get. I have never gotten one before in my life cos I am just your average student. Now even worse with greater competition.

haiz...but if wanna pay till their uni over, then have to really save a lot even before you have a kid right? else when have kid, how to save?

Comment

I will support them forever and buy a PP for them too.... (of course I wear 1st before passing the watch to them....)

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  I will support them forever and buy a PP for them too.... (of course I wear 1st before passing the watch to them....)
                  serious? even if they don work for their own keep u will let them live off you?

like that how u ever have chance to retire?

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    L O A D E D GOLD MOUNTAIN !!

Comment

yes, it is better if you can save for their university education fund now.

i think it is also important to teach them how to fish.

medical insurance not just those medishield from CPF. CPF one is not ample enough.

once you have kids, the way you spend money is different.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I will cut them loose once they finish school and start working.

When they are in school, only sufficient for normal use and a little more for leisure. No such thing as buy house, car for them. Buy watch still can.

Comment

Ya I totally agree. Medical insurance is very important for your kids.

Thou I am yet to settle down, but sometimes the tots of cost of living just scares me ( even without kids )

Comment

just wondering, might be a bit sensitive but, how much do you fathers out there had in the bank or feel should have in the bank b4 can even think about 1 kid?

Comment

At least $10k+ and be prepare that this $10k+ will be used up once the kid is out of the mother's stomach.....

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              just wondering, might be a bit sensitive but, how much do you fathers out there had in the bank or feel should have in the bank b4 can even think about 1 kid?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X