overseas shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overseas shipping

Guys,anyone can advice buying and shipping from overseas?Best way to ship watches and what you declare for customs? Thanks in advance.

use insured post, claim it as a send for repairs, better to have an invoice backdated, to prove that this item is not "new"
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      use insured post, claim it as a send for repairs, better to have an invoice backdated, to prove that this item is not "new"
      You meant on the declaration state as "repairs"? So if proven not new with invoice,they will not charge me tax?Will the customs charge me tax for the invoice if got invoice in the parcel..?If they were to charge "GST" to it,it will come up $900!!!
      Last edited by mysubmariner; 03-06-08, 07:44 PM.

Comment

declare as: returned for repairs OR return for refund
        invoice: returned for repairs to be reexported upon completion

should be ok, but hor, dont blame me if you get hit with an even bigger tax bill for evasion .
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Usually, I said usually huh, if the parcel is to a residenial address, the custom will not bother to charge any taxes. On the other hand, if it is a commerical address, e.g. shop, office, factory, etc... most likely the parcel will end up in the custom office at paya lebar waiting for you to pay the necessary taxes...

Comment

Actually.... anything more than $400 declared on the parcel should (see you lucky anot) be taxable for GST..... so it depends on whether the shop or seller want to under-quote you... so you save on 7% GST...

Then again, it may mean your parcel is insured for lesser amount... pros and cons...
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Fedex's MAX insurance value of the parcel is only US$500
              Registered mail from Singpost is more, I am not sure what is the MAX you can insur but I have tried insuring my parcel at a value of S$3000 at a relative low insur premium

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Usually, I said usually huh, if the parcel is to a residenial address, the custom will not bother to charge any taxes. On the other hand, if it is a commerical address, e.g. shop, office, factory, etc... most likely the parcel will end up in the custom office at paya lebar waiting for you to pay the necessary taxes...
                Usually if commercial address the chance is almost 100% that customs will slug you with duty.

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                Actually.... anything more than $400 declared on the parcel should (see you lucky anot) be taxable for GST..... so it depends on whether the shop or seller want to under-quote you... so you save on 7% GST...

Then again, it may mean your parcel is insured for lesser amount... pros and cons...
                usually anything over S$20 in GST/duty collection will mean that they will want to collect the payment from you, anything less then S$20, means they will not bother since paperwork will cost more than the amount collected.
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

My best advice is ship it insured and be ready to pay 7% of the declared value at the Customs in Singapore Post Centre.Insurance is optional,but i urge better be insured to have a peace of mind.Insurance is minimum,but not the GST....

http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/tr...es+and+GST.htm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X