Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found this advertisement this guy is just rude...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insult mildly? Insult? Did I?

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
    Fred,
    Since you appear to have this issue understanding common terms as you may not have lived in Singapore for a while, let me put this discourse across to you with more clarity.

When you call people ignorant, it is tantamount to name-calling. In fact, let's call a spade a spade, to be called ignorant, is, to most people, an insult. And it puts them down.

But that won't affect you even IF, HYPOTHETICALLY, people call you stupid, right?
    Because to you, it is not name calling or putting you down.
    To you, 'name-calling' or 'labelling' occurs when people associate your name with local dishes.

So let's get this SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL clear now since you are not a Master of the Obvious.

You did not call anyone names or put people down per se.

You insulted, albeit mildly. But it is still an insult.

I suggest you apologize to Bro Exondus for calling him ignorant and perhaps plenty of this animosity will go the way of the dodo.

After all, you now "respect everyone here & all watch afficianados", right?

Your choice mate.
    Who did I insulted here?
    In what way was he/she insulted?
    If I have insulted anyone, will Moderators stand to my insult.
    Look at the e post that had been deleted e moment "insult" comes into play.
    Did my post got deleted?

Look at all e brother that have been banned for insulting.
    If I have insulted anyone here, why am I not banned by moderators?

For stating my piece of mind, some here got insulted?
    Do I have to say the correct thing to everyone here all the time when I think it's not right?

For saying things as it is, someone here who's oversensitive & had been banned before albeit temporarily for insult is going to get an apology for insulting me (deleted by mods) in other threads?

Common, from accusing me of calling ppl names that I never did.
    Now u r accusing me of insulting?

Moderators, have I?

Comment

• please give me the models and your name or seller's name so that i can ask the staff there, else how can i authenticate what you said is true.

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
      You can always drop by and chat up e ladies there.
      I'm sure they will tell ya
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Pardon me, but there seems to be a contradiction here.

you said you in japan from 09 till now. now = presently.

but you say you are in SG.

now im getting confused. first you say u are in japan then you say you are in sg.

you are not getting the credibility by posting contradicting information.

Give u hint, I stayed in Taiwan from 2006 to 2007.
        USA in 2008-9.
        Japan from 09 till now
        I'm here till 15th Jun
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Fred,
          Here are the excerpts of a definition of insult. "...In speech and in social settings, insults are words that tend to injure the psyche. Insults may be partially categorized as follows: Insult to intelligence e.g. idiot, moron, stupid, silly"

(Soure: http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Insult)

Would anyone here (moderators or other bros/sis included) agree with Fred that being called ignorant is not an insult or degradatory, mild as it is?

Then again, I could be too sensitive.
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Zenith Pilot Extra Special
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

• Fred, from whatever that I have read with regard to your posts thus far, be it on PAM's mkt, Rolex mkt. you are absolutely ignorant and most of your claims based on your limited knowledge, is insuifficient to speak for the whole market itself.

Now, to prevent yourself from wasting everyone's time further, please stop barking up the wrong tree as apparently, all you know is only within books, as well as an excel spreadsheet, which, anyone can easily conjure up without proper evidence. -> note if Fred can say things like no one likes to wear the same watch anymore and all those generation have died, I do not see what this paragraph cannot be considered as a fact too.

Please. do not give baseless assumptions like no one likes to wear the same watch and stuff like that. It only shows how puny one's mindframe can be and together with an absolute refusal to accept the common fact that there is a greater world out there.

There. I have give factual comments that are not baseless since your opinons can be considered factual, I do not see why anyone elses cannot be claimed otherwise.

AND like you mentioned and per your context with what defines an insult, I did not attack nor put you down. With regard to your reputaion on all the huge information in your posts, People can decide if you are really as knowledgable as what you claimed, or you are merely making personal assumptions and claiming them as fact in your posts.

cheers!
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
              Fred,
              Here are the excerpts of a definition of insult. "...In speech and in social settings, insults are words that tend to injure the psyche. Insults may be partially categorized as follows: Insult to intelligence e.g. idiot, moron, stupid, silly"

(Soure: http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Insult)

Would anyone here (moderators or other bros/sis included) agree with Fred that being called ignorant is not an insult or degradatory, mild as it is?

Then again, I could be too sensitive.
              to be honest, i was insulted when I read his reply that day. especially when I was just posting a comment in a what was otherwise had been a very family and friendly SGROC.

He could have also been feeling overly sensitive to retort in that manner to my otherwise harmless post. Alternatively, probably being insecured of his position might have been the trigger and hence, warrant him to retort in such a hostile manner.

think I am also like you, kinda sensitive hor WHERE IS MY XMM

on a side note, I think I better not over do such posts least I tio ban ban
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                Turning up in a gathering?
                This is an interesting story.
                Where & when?
                Pls share the encounter if u have further info.
                I wish to refresh my memory.
                Give u hint, I stayed in Taiwan from 2006 to 2007.
                USA in 2008-9.
                Japan from 09 till now
                I pray this "gathering" that u or ur Risti bro are in Japan/USA/Taiwan?
                Pls share the encounter....USA & Taiwan is very big
                i may ask which hotel / restaurant that we met.
                So pls prepare the story
                erhmh, i meant that you and ruseel chong shld turn up at the same meeting to resolve the issue once and for all if you = russell chong...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Moderator here have received $ from me under the account of Mr Tan XX thru POSBank/DBSBank iBanking transfer for a purchase.
                  So if I dun speak e truth, moderators here in SG-ROC can ban me and inform all moderators all all watch site in other forums.
                  I cannot name e moderator here.
                  But pls ban me if I'm lying
                  still fail to see your logic...
                  ."

Comment

So If we met I told u I'm "MagnetUnDiluted" from this forum and "FishyShortJohn" from another forum, how do u verify that?
                    And I told u, "But these 2 are just my nicks, my real name is "SarawakCat".
                    How do u verify that?
                    Maybe u dun care as a buyer if I just give u wat u need and as long as what I sell u is authentic & in condition that u specified.
                    U go home & u forget bout e seller.
                    But, what do I get as seller?
                    The seller who use multi-nick has lost e change to establish his network and establish a wider relationship across different brands/ forum/ countries & etc with multi-nicks....
                    Which is easier to remember?
                    Different nick in different forum or just one nick across all?
                    Flippers/sellers will never use multi-nicks to buy/sell.
                    It's simple business sense.
                    and yes, so your logic applies to you cause you are obviously in for the $.
                    but for me, and alot of ppl, this reasoning does not apply.
                    you must appreciate that your way is not the only way.
                    ."

Comment

• My puny mind

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                      Fred, from whatever that I have read with regard to your posts thus far, be it on PAM's mkt, Rolex mkt. you are absolutely ignorant and most of your claims based on your limited knowledge, is insuifficient to speak for the whole market itself.

Now, to prevent yourself from wasting everyone's time further, please stop barking up the wrong tree as apparently, all you know is only within books, as well as an excel spreadsheet, which, anyone can easily conjure up without proper evidence. -> note if Fred can say things like no one likes to wear the same watch anymore and all those generation have died, I do not see what this paragraph cannot be considered as a fact too.

Please. do not give baseless assumptions like no one likes to wear the same watch and stuff like that. It only shows how puny one's mindframe can be and together with an absolute refusal to accept the common fact that there is a greater world out there.

There. I have give factual comments that are not baseless since your opinons can be considered factual, I do not see why anyone elses cannot be claimed otherwise.

AND like you mentioned and per your context with what defines an insult, I did not attack nor put you down. With regard to your reputaion on all the huge information in your posts, People can decide if you are really as knowledgable as what you claimed, or you are merely making personal assumptions and claiming them as fact in your posts.

cheers!
                      Well I will keep my spreadsheet in my tree (never had e intention to share; it's trade secret, u know).

I will con't to bark at ppl who lies bout being treated badly in Richemont Service Ctr, misinform other members bout things that aren't true, cheat with stories that no one can verify, spread baseless accusations and insult other members like me while still have the cheek to ask for apologies...

I never say I'm an expert.
                      Never in any forum & here in SG-ROC!

Far from that, I'm merely stating what I see with the information that I have collected & predict what I think will happen.
                      The forums here do not say I cannot say such things.

Things that I have predicted had happened.
                      BTW, I like e drama bout my spreadsheet u guys have been playing up here.
                      Keep it up....

Comment

• Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        Fred, from whatever that I have read with regard to your posts thus far, be it on PAM's mkt, Rolex mkt. you are absolutely ignorant and most of your claims based on your limited knowledge, is insuifficient to speak for the whole market itself.
                        cheers!
                        exxodus, the post you have put up as to 'Selective Memory' Tan's rants against you, ppl can read and form their own opinion.
                        if you are thinking that he will reflect upon his own email, and offer some form of apology for any misunderstanding caused, i think you wait nong nong; you probably get more result out of watching your toenails grow.
                        i really hope you are not turned off Pams by his rants; the watches are what they are, but Pam has a community of collectors that are really unique in terms of fellowship.
                        ."

Comment

• Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          to be honest, i was insulted when I read his reply that day. especially when I was just posting a comment in a what was otherwise had been a very family and friendly SGROC.

He could have also been feeling overly sensitive to retort in that manner to my otherwise harmless post. Alternatively, probably being insecured of his position might have been the trigger and hence, warrant him to retort in such a hostile manner.

think I am also like you, kinda sensitive hor WHERE IS MY XMM

on a side note, I think I better not over do such posts least I tio ban ban
                          Haha, Bro Exondus, why would you be banned? You did not insult anybody, right?

Let's not spend more time posting unnecessary replies to those who appear to be less sensitive than us and are possibly 'ignorant' of local decorum.

Do you realize we could have spent this time chatting about and laughing over a beer with other bros instead?

Let's work on that someday in a place filled with watches and XMM to beo!
                          Sweet 16:
                          PP Aquanaut
                          VC Overseas
                          AP ROO Black Themes
                          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                          Breguet Type XXI
                          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                          JLC Navy Seals
                          GO Senator 60s
                          GP Laureato
                          Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                          Rolex DSSD
                          IWC Big Pilot
                          Pam 112
                          Omega Ploprof
                          Breitling Super Avenger
                          Glycine F104

Comment

Well I will keep my spreadsheet in my tree (never had e intention to share; it's trade secret, u know).

I will con't to bark at ppl who lies bout being treated badly in Richemont Service Ctr, misinform other members bout things that aren't true, cheat with stories that no one can verify, spread baseless accusations and insult other members like me while still have the cheek to ask for apologies...

I never say I'm an expert.
                            Never in any forum & here in SG-ROC!

Far from that, I'm merely stating what I see with the information that I have collected & predict what I think will happen. The forums here do not say I cannot say such things.

Things that I have predicted had happened.
                            BTW, I like e drama bout my spreadsheet u guys have been playing up here.
                            Keep it up....
                            well, since you mentioned predictions, so in your world, predictions are considered facts if they are from Fred the prophet?

You go round shooting people's assumptions and opinions whenever they do not agree with how you feel about things and then have the cheek to say that your predictions are considred facts and not baseless nor groundless?

this is something new to me. and well done man btw., did you also predict that instead of earning money, you would end up buying a rollie with a fake braclet? gosh, I really cant imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                              Haha, Bro Exondus, why would you be banned? You did not insult anybody, right?

Let's not spend more time posting unnecessary replies to those who appear to be less sensitive than us and are possibly 'ignorant' of local decorum.

Do you realize we could have spent this time chatting about and laughing over a beer with other bros instead?

Let's work on that someday in a place filled with watches and XMM to beo!
                              ya man, def will meet up with you one day...I pm you again soon ....no XMM also nm lah haha....

Originally posted by Ender
                              exxodus, the post you have put up as to 'Selective Memory' Tan's rants against you, ppl can read and form their own opinion.
                              if you are thinking that he will reflect upon his own email, and offer some form of apology for any misunderstanding caused, i think you wait nong nong; you probably get more result out of watching your toenails grow.
                              i really hope you are not turned off Pams by his rants; the watches are what they are, but Pam has a community of collectors that are really unique in terms of fellowship.
                              No no, me not turn off by PAM cos PAM is not about Fred me still targeting a 312 in the near future hee hee....

but you very sharp hee....know its selectve memory keke....was wondering if i was obvious enuff anot

now showing masked magicion on channel 5 le.....i wanna see him 'predict' something too

Comment

• More than 2400+ views and not even one person bothered to defend him. It speaks volume of his character and what others think of him. Yet he keeps on digging the hole deeper for himself

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X