No announcement yet.

Another illegal parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@kenlinliu you would be printing alot of sheets of paper to stick on the windshield. last time i proposed to my uncle bring in those cheap china sticker and stick on the windshield at eye level
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      It's not the capability, it's the attitude.
      Totally agreed, it's attitude. I saw a lot of such cars, usually luxury brands, park illegally (along the roads, junctions, or handicapped lots etc) and anyhow they like. Wonder where are the parking wardens or TP???

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
        Totally agreed, it's attitude. I saw a lot of such cars, usually luxury brands, park illegally (along the roads, junctions, or handicapped lots etc) and anyhow they like. Wonder where are the parking wardens or TP???
        Maybe they are rich enough to pay the fine and so they ignore the rules.

You try park at those places and see...the parking warden or TP sure come one
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

A valid observation

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Maybe they are rich enough to pay the fine and so they ignore the rules.

You try park at those places and see...the parking warden or TP sure come one
          Once I was having a meal at a coffee-shop. A Mercedes Benz driver parked along the road (marked with double-yellow lines) in front of the coffee-shop and came in to sit down. I cannot remember if he was just having a drink or eating. Minutes later, a traffic warden appeared and started to summon vehicles that were parked along the same stretch of road. People from the coffee-shop and nearby started to go to their vehicles to drive off and I thought the said driver would do likewise. Guess what?

He nonchalantly remained seated and ignored the 'happenings' around. Even with the traffic warden trying to delay summoning the Mercedes Benz and waited for the driver to remove the car, the driver did not budge and the summon was carried out.

After the traffic warden left and minutes later, the driver simply walked to his car, removed the summon ticket from the windscreen, and drove off, expressionless

My thought was, "What's $70 to a rich man?"
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

wow..impressive....swee swee.....for me $70 can last me for 1 whole week of meals!!!!
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

and you wonder why road rage occurs.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Once I was having a meal at a coffee-shop. A Mercedes Benz driver parked along the road (marked with double-yellow lines) in front of the coffee-shop and came in to sit down. I cannot remember if he was just having a drink or eating. Minutes later, a traffic warden appeared and started to summon vehicles that were parked along the same stretch of road. People from the coffee-shop and nearby started to go to their vehicles to drive off and I thought the said driver would do likewise. Guess what?

He nonchalantly remained seated and ignored the 'happenings' around. Even with the traffic warden trying to delay summoning the Mercedes Benz and waited for the driver to remove the car, the driver did not budge and the summon was carried out.

After the traffic warden left and minutes later, the driver simply walked to his car, removed the summon ticket from the windscreen, and drove off, expressionless

I believe in retribution. Such arrogance would be severly dealt with one day! He will get his deserves, it's a matter of time. He'll regret one day.

Comment

$70 may mean nothing to that rich guy, but it does mean alot to many other people.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    too many idiots on the road who believe they are king.

i had one taxi driver who horn and give finger for supposedly not filtering into a lane when there was a bus. i had enough, came down from my car and confronted the bastard. needless to say; he was a big girl in a massive skirt when he saw me open my car door.

people act big behind their doors, but when push comes to shove, they just hide behind their windows.

I got to admit; like the benz driver, i also park illegally all the time; but i am not going to stand around and be summoned if given the chance to drive off.

on the other hand, i believe TP and wardens should also practise leeway. last time i dropped someone at a HDB carpark (double yellow line); i was told off by the warden. feigning ignorance (foreigner DL ) he told me to be more careful and enjoy my stay in sunny s'pore

i believe in, as long as you are considerate; all is good.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

pegsi is right, in fact road rage occurs due to drivers' attitude, sometimes road rage occurs due to some of these "too careful" drivers... their attitude is that they are always right and easily got frustrated when people do things like cut into their lane (esp cut by an expensive car)... as you can read from here, many comments are against "rich people driving nice cars"... just a minor traffic mistake or park slightly over the parking line, people will have this idea that they "own" the road meh???... I think there are also many idiot drivers in sg who drive lousy cars too... peace my friends....

Originally posted by triton View Post

Comment

There was this black Suzuki parked at the motorcycle lots the whole day, dam bloody inconsiderate. Guess what, it kenna summons the next moment. Very nice.
                        Regards,

RON

:woohoo:

* Thanks to SROC for bringing us together *

Comment

Too bad here not like facebook, if not I am sure to click on the "LIKE" button!!!

Originally posted by ronnie395 View Post
                          There was this black Suzuki parked at the motorcycle lots the whole day, dam bloody inconsiderate. Guess what, it kenna summons the next moment. Very nice.

Comment

I guess $70 is nothing to the very rich people.

On the other hand I cannot understand why cars like Porsche , 7 series, S class, Audi A6, even aston Martin as queing for $1/hr lot. Surely they can afford $3/hr lot.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Got such carpark one meh??? The only place I found with a premium price carpark and a cheap open air carpark next to it (about 10 mins walk) is MBS... on the other hand, the open air carpark always not full (full only when there is an event), the shelter one is always full during weekends even it is $26 per day...

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                              I guess $70 is nothing to the very rich people.

On the other hand I cannot understand why cars like Porsche , 7 series, S class, Audi A6, even aston Martin as queing for $1/hr lot. Surely they can afford $3/hr lot.

Comment

I like this driver, got character! Or another possibility, unhappy personal driver wanting his boss to pay for the summom.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X