JETSTAR Asia - worst service in ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JETSTAR Asia - worst service in ages

I just had the world's worst customer service from Jetstar. I tried to make a booking for HCMC and encountered some problems with my voucher, and
    with their system insisting I wanted insurance when I kept indicating I did not.

At some point, I entered my voucher number and it was not captured by the system which went on to charge the entire amount to my credit card. So I called the customer service centre.

Conversation went something like this, and even my wife pitched in at some point. in a nutshell,

I said: Hi, my transaction was captured without the voucher number.

Jetstar:
    "There's nothing we can do since the transaction is confirmed."

So what shall I do?

"There's nothing we can do."

What can you do?

"There's nothing we can do."

Can I speak to your manager.

"There is no manager on duty."

Really? No manager on duty?

"Please call back tomorrow"

Can you get a manager to call me?

"No, I cannot."

I don't believe there is no supervisor. Can you pls give me the name of your supervisor.

"Do you want to lodge a complaint? I can give you the address."

Yes sure. Give me your name and details.

"PO Box, Changi Terminal one etc. etc."

I still don't believe there is no manager. Aren't you a 24hr call centre?

"Yes, but I cannot give you the name of my superviser."

So there is a supervisor . Can you get him to call me tomorrow.

"No. You have to call the general line. I have no authority."

So can you get a manager to call me tomorrow?

"No. You can call the general line."

duh. I am so fed up.

I always thought Jetstar was better than the other budget airlines. I am so sorely wrong.

Bro, I have had problems with other airlines too, even the "pride of Singapore". But I got to agree with u on this one. There's one time I was at the counter checking in, the malay recept girl shown me the bad face throughout our conversation and she speaked in a monotone. Like I owe her a lot of money.

Comment

Never been on Jetstar before. Always on airasia to neighbours.

Don't get agitated bro, that was just not your day.

Cheers to the long weekend !

HD

Comment

Maybe their thinking is budget airline so their standard n service oso can be budget?

Comment

Thanks guys.

Given how reliant these budget airlines are on their internet booking engines, they need to be 110% sure it works flawlessly - but often it doesn't.

I guess flying Budget means getting abused huh.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
            I guess flying Budget means getting abused huh.
            I think this is one of the bad habit of SG service standard. The more money u paid, the better service u get.

Comment

well..not really lar...you ought to try some of the service centres and ADs...
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i thot jetstar not bad already, at least you can get through.

try calling SIA if you are just a economy seat guy. Press 1, press 2, press 1, please hold and we will answer to you as soon as possible for long time. Sometimes it is easier just to pop in Ion to change the tickets, and same time look around,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post
                  try calling SIA if you are just a economy seat guy. Press 1, press 2, press 1, please hold and we will answer to you as soon as possible for long time.
                  +1.

Comment

Originally posted by crazybay View Post
                    I think this is one of the bad habit of SG service standard. The more money u paid, the better service u get.
                    In U.S and most parts of Europe, the service staffs provide service in order to get tips.. Tips is in a way mandatory as well... not that their service is super....

But if we practice this in Singapore... the service we get will definitely be worse. Because I think very few is willing to give a good tip..

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but this is my 2 cents. Budget air just like the name implies does not sell you service. Budget pricing is the selling point, you dun go to a hawker centre and expect good service. When we go to a restaurant, then we expect a certain level of service standard. There is a saying that goes.... when you pay peanuts.. you get..
                      1 3 5
                      ├┼┼╕
                      2 4 6 R

Comment

at least you could get thru to their hotline. Wait till yo try Tiger airline
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Limited service, I understand ... but getting abused ?!

And, if they want to rely on technology ... isn't the onus on them to get the execution right so that we DON'T ever NEED to call them at all ?

And after you add up all their hidden charges which are not made known up-front, more than half the time you save oh maybe 10-20% off a full-fare airline.

In the end, I decided my health was worth more and I gave the $100 voucher away.

It doesn't nevertheless mean I'm going to forget about this.

Comment

yeah....way to go....vote with your wallet....for me i avoid budget airlines unless on business...becoz if anything screw up along the way...u r as good as waiving off the entire ticket amount...
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i never fly budget b4... cos usually i book kinda last min, so by tht time, price not much diff with normal carrier.

if flying outta of spore, and gonna connect elsewhere or expect to be on time, thn go with SQ/ MI, least if plane cos of some tech problem, they always hv 'spare' plane to fly... i kanna a few times, lucky both time slight delay of abt an hour plus to change plane nia.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X