Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42mm or 47mm Pilot Watches??

Hi bros,

Recently had a crush on pilot watches and is contemplating to get one. In ur opinion, which size looks better? 42mm (Achimede) or 47mm (Azimuth) ??

Tell me your choices and maybe why you choose it? Tks!!!

(Paiseh.. cant decide so hope to hear more opinions. BTW, I'm average built, abt 1.75m)

depends on the style of the watch i think....

for example if its a "big pilot" style face it would look kinda small and weird in a 42mm for example.

Comment

looking into a simple dial without chrono counters!?!?!

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
      depends on the style of the watch i think....

for example if its a "big pilot" style face it would look kinda small and weird in a 42mm for example.
      Last edited by reach10; 27-05-08, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Get a stowa! Google it! If you keen, we do an MO
        There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

the stowa (Big pilot) looks great, but beware when it arrives in the post....its 41mm. not exactly that big if youre out for a 46-47mm monster look.

also, no matter what solicitations and opinions are expressed from all the nice chaps here, the ultimate lies with yourself - do you like the watch and how it looks/sits on your own wrist? that is the most important aspect IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by explorer123 View Post
            Hi bros,

Recently had a crush on pilot watches and is contemplating to get one. In ur opinion, which size looks better? 42mm (Achimede) or 47mm (Azimuth) ??

(Paiseh.. cant decide so hope to hear more opinions. BTW, I'm average built, abt 1.75m)
            if you can try on both watches on your wrist you can tell which one you will like more instantly ... no doubt about it..
            SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

41mm looks abit too small aint it? i think both sizes looks ok, if the price is almost the same, which is a better choice leh?haha

Comment

41mm looks abit too small aint it? i think both sizes looks ok, if the price is almost the same, which is a better choice leh?haha
                47mm Azimuth gets my vote
                SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

as mentioned, it will be on your wrists, so what we say is our preference.

best is try both watches on your wrist. one will likely attract u more. some people cannot carry off a 47mm due to small wrist. however, i do know of a female who is wearing a 47mm.

Hi bros,

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

tks for all your valuable opinions.

Besides the big brand IWC, and some other brands like azimuth and achimede, what other brands of pilot watches would you all consider buying? and what is the price range for it? I was thinking of widening my choices before making a decision... tks!

Comment

If you are interested in Pilot watches, go for Stowa or Laco. These are two original manufacturers of Pilot watches, out of 5: IWC, Lange & Soehne, Wempe, Stowa and Laco.

Lange & Soehne doesn't re-issue the Pilot range. IWC has Big Pilot (5004 serie), Wempe did re-issue B-Uhr. Those 3 brands are in different league in terms of pricing today. Stowa and Laco are small watch companies, that survived tough time and today are still making the Pilot watches at reasonable prices. I can only comment on the high quality of Stowa watches. Beautiful .

I have one Pilot watch incoming from Stowa, and one from Laco. For my Stowa I have been waiting for 1.5 years. If you would like to get the normal edition, they are selling Pilot range (automatic, using ETA 2824-2). Later this year, they will issue regular "Flieger Original" using Unitas.

Laco is still in the process of producing 50 pieces watch, limited for WUS forum member. It should be ready in few weeks time.

More info on Laco WUS edition can be found here:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=146571

As far as I know they are sold out, but you may email the guy called "Bhanu" at WUS and check whether there are still pieces available.

And here is the Stowa Flieger Original LE 80 pieces, which was sold out long time ago

[SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                      [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                      [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                      [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                      [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                      [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

well...to mi i prefer the 47mm....
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Give all your shortlisted choices a try bro, you will get your answers.

Personally, BIG BIG pilot watch for me. Currently, owns a Azimuth Bombardier III. Check out the new Bombardier V too.

Comment

Are breitling and hamilton pilot watches too? Can consider them.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I owned 42mm Archimede Pilot.. To me this size is just nice for my small wrist. For price wise, Azimuth would be far more collectible and pricey..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X