No announcement yet.

Tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and he is also e one who came up with GIC..
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Actually, if we look 30 to 50 years back, Singapore had really come a long way... From a "unwanted" state by the Malaysian government, we had emerged much more strongly than our northern neighbours.

Things that had changed over the years:

1. those days, people can just killed on the streets, but now, the HDB estates are peaceful and very beautiful. I still remember my mum was telling me there was once in the good ol days when the government actually told the public to surrender their weopons (Guns) and they will not be penalised.

2. People get robbed and were afraid to "show" their money those days, but don't think we have that these days.

3. Moving around singapore takes a long time and the condition of the buses those days are very jialat.... i still remember taking them while i was a kid.

4. The standard of living had increased. I remembered my mother telling me, those days they are very happy about having food enough to eat. But nowadays, people are talking about overseas holidays and big cars and big houses. I am also one of them.... sigh... gotta do some reflection liao.

5. The quality of the HDB flats had improved tremendously.

There are a lot more than this i believe.

Guess though we can say that the country was manged pretty regimentally in the early years, but its really a give and take issue. We are where we are today because of that mgt too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
        Oh and he is also e one who came up with GIC..
        GIC is pretty successful in their local undertakings... but he foreign ones not very good... wahahah

Comment

In any case, its a group effort... not the political group, but the effort of all the Singaporeans as a nation. There is a chinese saying that Unity is strength. Here in Singapore, the government promotes good family ties. This is important as the family nucleu is critical in building a strong and united nation.

Comment

Remember

We must learn to remember : The Source where the water flows...

饮水思源
            Regards,

RON

:woohoo:

* Thanks to SROC for bringing us together *

Comment

I not a supporter of Pay n Pay. But Dr Goh is worth my respect...More than that "Yip Man" who landed ppl in jail o make ppl bankrupt..

Like what Bro Frogman says.... Who is next to go??
              Hmm.. we all know..

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...08293?ref=pymk

Comment

LoLz...tat Yip Man ..the kung fu v pro..lol..more pro than the real Yip Man.lol..not yet come out fist, ppl already scared until **** come out and kena bankrupt liao.

And ya...he say he wun die one..u lower him inside coffin also will climb out.

Best solution is faster lower liao, nailed the coffin and quickly cremate it, tats the way to finish tat Yip Man..haha

This Dr Goh..*sigh* same same with "Yip Man"....Yip Man disciple mah...go liao also gd=) *Cha Si Cha Hor*, burnt some Army uniform and ERP Gantry for him, to erm..commemorate him..haha

Comment

He came out with NTUC. It prevent flipper from flipping rice, salt, sugar and etc. It is fair price. CNY u see wet market people raise price for their goods, but NTUC pricing remains.

Good and bad lor..

Yeah. I like the comments made much much earlier by sportee and etc.

Many want to see Singapore do badly, drown, disappear and try to influence the political scene of Singapore..

For one .. I do not want to see the flying chairs in the parliament, citizens acting irresponsibly with blood all over the street.

It is a system just have to accept it.

One can only wonder - so many FTs send their children here for educations. yet our own kids kena deprive..

Good and bad.. it is a system that can only work in Singapore. People from outside can only look at it jealously..

Cut away my water nevermind.. I can manage, one day..

Ok I am losing my point again - as always..
                    I own a Rolex !

Comment

in biz best man win lar...if everything oso control then how to diff smart biz ppl from the dumb 1?may as well all become workers under 1 boss can liao...flipping is fine de lar...as the saying goes....MAY THE BEST MAN WIN...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
                        GIC is pretty successful in their local undertakings... but he foreign ones not very good... wahahah
                        I tht GIC only invests overseas? they also invest SGX?
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          in biz best man win lar...if everything oso control then how to diff smart biz ppl from the dumb 1?may as well all become workers under 1 boss can liao...flipping is fine de lar...as the saying goes....MAY THE BEST MAN WIN...
                          I guess this has been their intentions all this while. One party one system. Work more and talk less. Do or die... In Sgp the number of wealthy biz men if were to compare to HKG, they have more super wealthy sucessful biz men then we have here.

Comment

in our national education course, Mr Goh is projected as a stern man with an iron fist when was the finance minister....

Yip Man oso had made good out of SG and we shld be contented with a job, food, car, house etc and go out at nite no need to worry bout valuables etc

HOWEVER I HAVE ISSUES WITH THAT IDIOT THAT SAID MR GOH CANNOT STAND IDIOTS AND WHO GO ROUND CALLING PPL DUMMIES

THis guy really GOT eq AND IQ AS HIGH AS A CAULI FLOWER

Comment

Yip Man trying hard to dominate seats in parliment with GRc walkovers...

Wonder if any brothers seen Sunday 1am CNA, interview with Kenneth Jeyaratnam? 1 Qn he shooted, WHY over the 20years, GRC increase from 3, to now about 7. Commented that EVERY seat in parliment should be contested individually n not by walkovers. I'm sure many ppl feel the same.

Comment

One of the great leaders...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X