Vacheron constantin overseas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, to Bro Sportee and Ballwatch,
    It's a very nice watch. I own the black dial, steel bracelet automatic and never looked back. Very nice textured dial not unlike the IWC Ingenuier.
    Was wearing it yesterday and on my way back home in the lift, one of my neighbors was looking at my wrist, spotted it and complimented it.
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

Used to own a VC SS Overseas Chrono (black dial) but subsequently sold it as I thought it wears a little big on my relatively slim wrists ... Had been missing it since and may just pick up one with white dial again if the opportunity comes along ...

运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
        Oh, to Bro Sportee and Ballwatch,
        It's a very nice watch. I own the black dial, steel bracelet automatic and never looked back. Very nice textured dial not unlike the IWC Ingenuier.
        Was wearing it yesterday and on my way back home in the lift, one of my neighbors was looking at my wrist, spotted it and complimented it.

I am so envious

Its a beautiful watch. esp with the attention to detail on the textured dial. Pure protray of worksmanship without being overbearing on the viewer.

Its pretty interesting. some texture dials have a huge tendency to reflect large amounts of light on a sunny day. e.g. Ball EM Chronometer LE. (Blinded me the last time when I was checking the time on a sunny afternoon. After that, everytime I close my eyes, I see 12.15pm in bright lights. Fortunately I managed to make it back to office without being late, thinking that it was still 12:15! ).

For VC and AP texture dials, I noticed that there were no such issues. makes me wonder why heh...
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          I am so envious

Its a beautiful watch. esp with the attention to detail on the textured dial. Pure protray of worksmanship without being overbearing on the viewer.

Its pretty interesting. some texture dials have a huge tendency to reflect large amounts of light on a sunny day. e.g. Ball EM Chronometer LE. (Blinded me the last time when I was checking the time on a sunny afternoon. After that, everytime I close my eyes, I see 12.15pm in bright lights. Fortunately I managed to make it back to office without being late, thinking that it was still 12:15! ).

For VC and AP texture dials, I noticed that there were no such issues. makes me wonder why heh...
          Thanks for the compliment Bro Exondus and no need to be envious lah, the VC Overseas automatic is one of the more affordable pieces (under $10k preowned) and also nicely designed ones (Jorg Hysek designed it) of the Trinity and since I won't be able to afford a Patek Phillipe or Royal Oak Offshore anytime soon, a VC Overseas auto (not chrono though) is a good and credible substitute without burning a huge hole in my wallet! : p
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Zenith Pilot Extra Special
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

it's a very elegant watch so i encourage you to get it..
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I have been looking for the older version for a while and finally acquired one recently.

While the anti-magnetic protection along with the Maltese cross inspired bracelet of the newer version are both very attractive, it is just a tad too big for my 6.5" wrist.

I also much prefer the matt dial and similar size sub-dials of this older version. Overall, a simpler watch with a more balanced look to me....

Comment

I prefer the new bracelet.... looks extremely nice to me...

Originally posted by sandisk7 View Post
                I have been looking for the older version for a while and finally acquired one recently.

While the anti-magnetic protection along with the Maltese cross inspired bracelet of the newer version are both very attractive, it is just a tad too big for my 6.5" wrist.

I also much prefer the matt dial and similar size sub-dials of this older version. Overall, a simpler watch with a more balanced look to me....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X