Poor service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor service

On Sunday, I was in the Fu Lu Shou Complex having a lovely massage so I decided to pop into the Bencoolen to have a look around. After reading so much about the dealers located in there from this forum, I decided to check it out. It was a pleasant surprise to see quite a number of them in there.

HOWEVER, I am totally disgusted by the way they treated me in such a nonchalant manner. I asked a number of inquisitive questions on various watches that I considered buying. I had an interest in various watches and asked to view them. After the second watch was taken out, they refused to take anymore out! But maybe it was because I was dressed down, they treated me that I was just wasting their time, who knows.

The only one who showed signs of interest in selling to me was at Peng Kwee, but I was totally turned off by their pricing. So expensive man! What people say in sg-roc is absolutely true.

I don't think I will be giving my business to any of those shops in that complex, ever.

I'm sure most of us had the same bad experience before. What the heck, we don't owe them anything and I'll never give them business .

Comment

moi went there b4.

I think its them who are wasting our time. not the other way round. so no more gg there to buy watches le
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Pk is a no no place tp shop though, as price and service nt that good. The 4 shops there not really worth the trip to buy. Only for sight seeing, yesterday i was there too to see watches
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
          Pk is a no no place tp shop though, as price and service nt that good. The 4 shops there not really worth the trip to buy. Only for sight seeing, yesterday i was there too to see watches

Yes! yes! Yes! I strongly agree.No point going there.I went to this shop whom display some Rolex vintage watches!When I start to ask him few question he never answer me at all.Instead looking at different direction.I tell him off though he is not happy.

Comment

Bro, good price good service where to find... if you think PK is expensive, offer them a price and see if they can sell or not loh... as for those who don't want to show you their watches, then you show them your money loh...

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
            On Sunday, I was in the Fu Lu Shou Complex having a lovely massage so I decided to pop into the Bencoolen to have a look around. After reading so much about the dealers located in there from this forum, I decided to check it out. It was a pleasant surprise to see quite a number of them in there.

HOWEVER, I am totally disgusted by the way they treated me in such a nonchalant manner. I asked a number of inquisitive questions on various watches that I considered buying. I had an interest in various watches and asked to view them. After the second watch was taken out, they refused to take anymore out! But maybe it was because I was dressed down, they treated me that I was just wasting their time, who knows.

The only one who showed signs of interest in selling to me was at Peng Kwee, but I was totally turned off by their pricing. So expensive man! What people say in sg-roc is absolutely true.

I don't think I will be giving my business to any of those shops in that complex, ever.

Comment

Agree bros, PK watch tooooooooo ex.. This "pok kai" watch dealer only out to chop tourists..But they have some pretty staff to lure "victims" in to buy..

2nd hand dealers i trust Jwwatch, Top Hour, Visiotime, bRONZEAGE n Bonfield only..

Those dealers I condemn in terms of pricing n bad service r Horological Restoration Ctr n Brightime at Lucky Plaza, Pk ..

Monster time, Time will Tell Arena watch haven check it out.. Any feedbacks abt these 3 dealers?

Comment

Lol...!

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                \Those dealers I condemn in terms of pricing n bad service r Horological Restoration Ctr n Brightime at Lucky Plaza, Pk ..

Monster time, Time will Tell Arena watch haven check it out.. Any feedbacks abt these 3 dealers?
                Totally agree with your Bro Batamboy. Can never forget my 'lovely' experience at Brightime with the 'unker'. And no way anyone should even check out the Horriblenological Restoration Center.

Monster Time is a thumbsup from me. The owner Alvin is a very nice friendly chap. Negotiable guy. One of the two owners of Azimuth brand. No problems dealing with him before. As for Time Will Tell not too bad, Richard is a nice chap too and they carry quite a wide range of Pammies. But pricing wise, I will reserve it to myself. For Arena, not too sure as I have not been there yet.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                That's how winning is done.'

Comment

worst 2nd hand dealers are located in Bencoolen, one of them wanted to sell me a DD1803 for $13K when shops in other places selling $6K!!!

Told the chio bu I was not born yesterday
                  My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                  1) WG DIA 18239
                  2) YG DIA 18238
                  3) WG 18239
                  4) YG 18238
                  5) YG 18248G Bark
                  6) WG DIA 18039
                  7) WG 18039
                  8) YG 18038
                  9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                  10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                  11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                  12) WG 1803
                  13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                  1)GMT II 116718 18K
                  2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                  1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                  2)D15037 14k
                  3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

I concur with our Bros here on JW Watches, Visiotime and Monstertime. Reasonable prices for the most part and very friendly, warm service.
                    But prices and service at Collector's Haven at VIP hotel is also very good. Maybe its because Kenneth and Barry don't advertise much.

I guess I must also share a very positive experience at Hour Glass, Orchard Central. I was there this past Sunday to place an order for a new Glycine, a lower-priced brand and yet, the service was warm and sincere. I took a seat while the SA fussed about checking the price, gathering tentative information about the delivery while chatting with me in the interim. When I requested for a Glycine catalogue, she took the initative to bundle in a few free watch magazines also. While the items did not cost much, it still left this good impression on me : )
                    Sweet 16:
                    PP Aquanaut
                    VC Overseas
                    AP ROO Black Themes
                    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                    Breguet Type XXI
                    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                    JLC Navy Seals
                    GO Senator 60s
                    GP Laureato
                    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                    Rolex DSSD
                    IWC Big Pilot
                    Pam 112
                    Omega Ploprof
                    Breitling Super Avenger
                    Glycine F104

Comment

toffee kor kor buy new watchie lah!!

ya, i find THG service is good. GEMS award winner mah .

I rem a few years back I wrote a nasty email to their HQ about the service at one of the THG and the next day when I went back to the joint, the manager of that boutique actually came out with a printed copy of my email and started to explain to me and apologise, etc. It shows that the management wont just chuck your feedback oneside like most other companies.

I will def buy again from THG (if i have money)
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

The service at HG is really commendable. The seniors can actually remember the model numbers of the watch and they are pretty well versed in the history and the knowleadge of the watches that they are selling...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                          Monster Time is a thumbsup from me. The owner Alvin is a very nice friendly chap. Negotiable guy. One of the two owners of Azimuth brand. No problems dealing with him before.
                          x2
                          But think Alvin is currently very busy expanding the Azimuth business, which is good for him.

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                          I concur with our Bros here on JW Watches, Visiotime and Monstertime. Reasonable prices for the most part and very friendly, warm service.
                          Same experience here...my 3 favorite pre-owned dealers
                          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            toffee kor kor buy new watchie lah!!

ya, i find THG service is good. GEMS award winner mah .

I rem a few years back I wrote a nasty email to their HQ about the service at one of the THG and the next day when I went back to the joint, the manager of that boutique actually came out with a printed copy of my email and started to explain to me and apologise, etc. It shows that the management wont just chuck your feedback oneside like most other companies.

I will def buy again from THG (if i have money)
                            Haha Bro Exxondus,just an affordable Glycine lah. I guess I'm not so special after all, or rather, all customers are special to THG : )

Looks like their service much better than PK...
                            Sweet 16:
                            PP Aquanaut
                            VC Overseas
                            AP ROO Black Themes
                            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                            Breguet Type XXI
                            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                            JLC Navy Seals
                            GO Senator 60s
                            GP Laureato
                            Rolex DSSD
                            IWC Big Pilot
                            Pam 112
                            Omega Ploprof
                            Breitling Super Avenger
                            Glycine F104

Comment

Same experience here...my 3 favorite pre-owned dealers [/QUOTE]

It's a mixed bag for me at Monstertime, some brands are priced very competitively while others are a tad high. But make no mistake, his assistant (the girl who mans the computer and greets you when you arrive) makes one feel like going back again, hahaha!

Damn, I sound so desperate!
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato