220K Grail Breitling anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 220K Grail Breitling anyone?

WWWWAAaayyy too rich for my blood, but knowing how solid many of the brothers' pockets in here, I thought I'll pass along this gem being sold for 70% off the US$220K list price

Here's the link breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19066

Was too bored this noon so took a look on it...

Even if that is real, why would anyone pay $73K (USD?) for a piece that look so fake? Why would one not put in more effort to take a better (read: more convincing) pix if he is to sell an $73K watch?

The entry level Superocean I once owned has a better quality than what this watch looks on the pix...
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

No, the poster is definitely legit -- even the moderator there just recently bought a B01 from him. But this watch I think is being sold directly by the AD. The poster & his family apparently buy a LOT of watches & have special relationship with that AD.

Not that it makes any difference since I can't imagine shelling that kind of cash for a Breitling...

Comment

Well...just couldn't help sharing my observation based on my experience and 2cents. My observation could be inaccurate though since I never own any watch close to such price so maybe my expectation of the quality is wrong.

By the way I have a few cameras + few handphones with camera and I think it would be quite a challenge even for my son to take a picture of similar image quality...

Comment

Alright, I have to admit I am no Breitling expert. Therefore,

- I might not have known that Breitling has made some modification to the watch case of some of its Bentley watches.
          - I might also not have known that Breitling uses a different yet similar font for the word "BREITLING" on some of its watch dial.

Can some Breitling expert here enlighten me...?

Comment

ugly!
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

That's the problem with a watch like this, unless you're a big-time "somebody" / celebrity, even if you're wearing the real thing, everyone will think you're just wearing an el cheapo knockoff!

But I hear with the economy, it's a good time to pick up solid gold watches pre-owned (other than Rolex which holds value very well). Gold Lings look much better w croc strap imho.

Comment

Originally posted by H2F View Post
                That's the problem with a watch like this, unless you're a big-time "somebody" / celebrity, even if you're wearing the real thing, everyone will think you're just wearing an el cheapo knockoff!

But I hear with the economy, it's a good time to pick up solid gold watches pre-owned (other than Rolex which holds value very well). Gold Lings look much better w croc strap imho.
                Well, well...I am quite interest to know which celebrity wear that very piece of watch

Comment

This is what it is...

Spot the differences, my friends (and I dun mean the colour of the dial)

It comes with a see-thru back too...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X