Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Recommendations: Heart Rate Monitor (watch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Recommendations: Heart Rate Monitor (watch)

Hi guys, I'm starting out a new fitness regime and would like to get a Heart Rate Monitor (watch topic also haha). I know this should probably be in the health zone but due to the lack of readership there, I decided to post it here and hope its okay

I understand that Polar makes good ones and want to get the Polar FT80 (will accept any other recommendations, don't need the GPS).

Unfortunately, I do not know which shops to visit and check out the prices. And I'm hoping that any bros here can help.

Just post a reply and I'll be sure to check here again tonight thanks!
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Just bought a polar heart rate monitor that c/w a chest transmitter as a gift for a friend at Novena Velocity 3 weeks ago. Around S$140++. It comes with Male or Female version, with the male version slightly bigger and the female version slightly smaller. According to the sales, this model can "continuously monitor" the heart rate online and at real time. Some model can only read your heartrate when you depress the button. Sorry! I cannot remember what model as it has already been given out. But must check that it must be "continuous monitoring online that c/w chest strap". Ops! it can also calculate calories burn also. Btw. I train at California Jacky Chan at Novena everyday, except sunday. The shop is at the ground floor near the elevator coming down from the gym. If you can wait. I can check out for you on monday. Cheers to healthy lifestyle.

Comment

hey thanks i found one just yesterday! thanks!
      fallraen
      "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

OK, hope I am not too late to recommend.

Anyway, if too late nvm maybe benefit other forumers. Try Morning Star Watch at Queensway Shopping Centre. Good range ... good price. They have Polar and Timex as well.

Fm experience, I would stick with Polar for pure HRM and Garmin for GPS/HRM. You mentioned gym, I presume you will be on the threadmill and/or bike. Most gym equipment can measure HR, so you may not actually need a HRM watch. If you do run outdoors sometimes, I suggest getting a GPS one. Brings a whole new level of info/details and experience.

For Garmin, you can check out Perfect Watch at Sim Lim Sq.

Anyway, health is wealth. You are on the right path. Always listen to your body ... HRM is only a guide.

Comment

Try ebay. Sometimes it's cheaper to ship one in from overseas.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X