Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three armed men make off with half a million dollars worth of jewellery in Bedok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three armed men make off with half a million dollars worth of jewellery in Bedok

Bedok robbers make off with half a million dollars of jewellery
    Channel NewsAsia
    Channel NewsAsia - Saturday, April 24

[Bedok robbers make off with half a million dollars of jewellery] Bedok robbers make off with half a million dollars of jewellery

SINGAPORE : Armed men made off with about half a million dollars worth of jewellery during a daylight robbery in Bedok Central on Friday.

Police received a call at around 3pm about the incident at Block 210.

Witnesses told Channel NewsAsia that they heard a woman yelling from Yong Sheng Goldsmith.

Eyewitness Amanda Tan said: "I heard someone shouting. So I and my colleagues thought there was some fight outside, so we wanted to go out to see. Then I heard someone run across and shout "robbery, robbery" in Chinese.

By then, the shutters were rolled down halfway. Peering into the shop, they claimed to have seen three masked men, all dressed in black.

They said two of the suspects jumped over the counter, while the other stayed put.

The witnesses said the ordeal lasted about two minutes, after which three men paced out rather calmly. Two of them were carrying bags, and the other, a knife that was about 30 centimetres long.

Eyewitness Sarina Goh said: "They carried a sling bag, then they kept quiet and ... walked like normal people."

The police said the suspects got away on two motorbikes with an assortment of jewellery valued at half a million dollars.

The suspects are believed to be three Chinese males.

— CNA/al
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

wow day time robbery in SG!

Comment

Originally posted by augpat View Post
      wow day time robbery in SG!
      ya loh scary sia!!
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

what is the meaning of chinese males....local or FT?

Comment

Further more this place in daytime is full of crowd n many movement around.A perfect plan I guess.

Comment

when will we see those like in movie..they carry AK47?

Comment

scary man.... These things still happening here in SIngapore... Amazing

Comment

Understandable, it has gotten expensive in Singers, what's 3 Chinese guys too do?

Comment

Originally posted by iMac08 View Post
                  what is the meaning of chinese males....local or FT?
                  can mean anything lah. in general chinese loh
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

no wonder y-day passed nicol hw got big police road block. ard 4-5pm.

Comment

Sg security that bad these days....
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

SG policeman seldom open fire these days. These robbers can try to be their moving target board to test their marksmanship. Guess must be from mainland chinese..local chinese kiasee, not that brave yet! Trying to challenge our state security?

Comment

Hard to say local chinese kiasee coz this case happened before. If i'm not wrong some 18yrs back. Ard 1992 i tink. Also 3 chinese robbers (singaporeans) rob a goldsmith shop i tink in Sin Ming with parangs.

But now in 2010 maybe our locals have wised up. Or the Mas Selamat issue made them think that our local security had loosen up?

Anyway it's bad for local community.

Current Collection
                          -------------------
                          GMTIIc SS "M" series
                          PAM 48

Comment

i think i heard from news they already caught one suspect.

but they no review any info at all if its local or FT or watever. oh well. wonder wats happening.

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              i think i heard from news they already caught one suspect.

but they no review any info at all if its local or FT or watever. oh well. wonder wats happening.
                              Maybe they're in the process of processing his PR application. Quips aside, I'm sure the punishment meted will be tough. Glad no one was hurt.
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato
                              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                              Rolex DSSD