No announcement yet.

Any IS200 owner here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have considered IS200 before, but not many in perth left in good condition. some of them are modded to extreme and excessively. my only gripe on the is200 is the instrument cluster.... can get abit hard to read at a glance.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

during my studying time one IS200 crashed along leach highway. killed 2 sporeans who were there on holiday. the car caught fire after crashing. that one is heavily modded. know the garage that did it.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

touch wood....
        Originally posted by triton View Post
        during my studying time one IS200 crashed along leach highway. killed 2 sporeans who were there on holiday. the car caught fire after crashing. that one is heavily modded. know the garage that did it.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          i have considered IS200 before, but not many in perth left in good condition. some of them are modded to extreme and excessively. my only gripe on the is200 is the instrument cluster.... can get abit hard to read at a glance.
          to me i dun race,and the car originally already look very sporty...even the interior. Yeah you rite abt the instrument section...all looks like cluster in one,one glance dun noe which to read first! Guess just a matter of time to get use to them.

Really cannot tahan ppl squeeze me in the mrt liao!!!!

Comment

Hahaha.

My lexus is a 5 year old IS200. One of the last batch out of fatory with all the factory goodies.

Bought from a lady driver who only covered 40K in 4 years. Totally stock and no mod.

It's a no headache car to drive with the badge, sportiness and only 6K dep a year.

Go dig up some some write up on this car from 1998 and you will learn more. There is always a good reason for someone to buy a 5 year old car. This car is over engineered that time and it will keep running and running. Coming from a A3, the IS200 brings me as much smiles.

The other lexus model I am not interested, except the old LS400.

Servicing in BM is top notch too. Only thing is with COE now, you can't get it at the price I got it last year.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              Hahaha.

My lexus is a 5 year old IS200. One of the last batch out of fatory with all the factory goodies.

Bought from a lady driver who only covered 40K in 4 years. Totally stock and no mod.

It's a no headache car to drive with the badge, sportiness and only 6K dep a year.

Go dig up some some write up on this car from 1998 and you will learn more. There is always a good reason for someone to buy a 5 year old car. This car is over engineered that time and it will keep running and running. Coming from a A3, the IS200 brings me as much smiles.

The other lexus model I am not interested, except the old LS400.

Servicing in BM is top notch too. Only thing is with COE now, you can't get it at the price I got it last year.
              yeah bro you so rite! Depreciation for it now is 7500 and abv...

Comment

Thank you all!

thank you guys for all the input,will be checking out the IS soon....any lobang for a good deal pls PM me!

PS. bro kuchinku, if you ever wanna let go your IS you know who to call..

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  which garage was it?? Lately ive been interested in an used LS/GS or IS. Prices can get abit high for the nicer models still
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    Soon......... he will be selling
                    however I think he only accept watch/es as payment

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                      Soon......... he will be selling
                      however I think he only accept watch/es as payment

Pls hor. I only drove it for 7 months leh. Thinking of keeping it past 10 years like a vintage rolex but COE going up so may ditch the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                        thank you guys for all the input,will be checking out the IS soon....any lobang for a good deal pls PM me!

It was supposed to be my transitional as I hunt for a C32AMG or a M-car.
                        But, may keep it for a while since COE has rocketed and this car is really easy to drive, fuel-efficient (ok as compared to my previous ones), subtle yet brandy and fun (RWD & 50/50 weight distribution).

Clue....to look for virgin (unmodded) IS, don't bother with sgcarmart. Every Sat look at ST. Got auntie/uncle who are not into internet may sell their 1-owner, low mileage and RPM never go beyond 3000rpm type of virgin cars at reasonable price. It's a little like hunting for vintage rolex. That's the fun. Mine, the lady even just gave me the bidded number for free

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X