Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 Dogs need adopters or Fosterers

BACKGROUND

A breeder/owner at Pasir Ris wanted to close operations and sell his existing stock of 75 dogs to other breeders. Concerned dog rescuers banded together to save the dogs. They bought over the dogs, rented the place for a month to build up the dogs with the plan of finding them good adoptive homes.

A group of volunteers have been going there for the past few days to clean up the place, wash the dogs, feed the dogs, send the dogs to vets for help.

FACTS

1 Many of the dogs have skin problems, tick fever, are suffering from malnuitrition etc.Several need medical care. We are still in the process of sending the dogs for checkups.

2 There are no pups for adoption

3 These are 'used dogs' (used for breeding) and they have been traumatized. They need a lot of tender loving care from loving homes.

4 Many are HDB sized . Some are bigger.

5 All dogs will be sterilised before adoption

6 There will be adoption fees. These will go to support the medical and sterilisation/ other costs to help the dogs. But it is strictly NON PROFIT.

7 No one below 18 need apply to adopt the dogs

8 Viewings for adoption will be strictly by appointment with the team leaders by emails only.

No instant adoption on the spot.

Interviews will be conducted.

Weekends 15 min slots, Weekdays half an hour slots. 15 mins grace will be given for late comers when they come to view the dogs. (thereafter, rescheduling is needed)

NEEDS

1 FINANCE: A new bank account has been opened for this rescue project
    There will be strict accountability.

Finances will be primarily for food, shelter upkeep and medical bills. (When volunteers first came to the shelter, they found only Mama-lemon washing liquid and water hose for cleaning the place....and only plain rice for the dogs.) Volunteers have since been bringing and cooking food for the dogs

Donation details : Write cheque to "Mutts and Mittens Foundation" (behind it MUST WRITE "for Pasir Ris 75 Dogs project"). Post to MUTTS AND MITTENS PTE LTD (Attention: Cohen/Leng),11 Pasir Ris Farmway 2, Singapore 519326.

OCBC Bank account : 568 -885222- 001

2 HANDS-ON HELP: washing the place, washing the dogs, feeding the dogs, etc. Volunteers needed.
    3 TRANSPORTATION: trips to the vet, buying things etc.
    4 FOSTERERS: Temporary homes for the dogs until they find adoptors
    5 ADOPTORS
    etc

Taken from http://dogmilllrehomers.blogspot.com/

Please send all your queries to dogmillrehomers@hotmail.com.
    We will reply to you asap. Please be patient.

Please help if you can.....

Dear Bros,
    Sadly, it seems this is how poor dogs are treated in SOME puppy mills where potential profits are prioritized WAY above their welfare.
    To all dog loving bros and sisters here, let's try to assist in whatever ways that we can!
    Last edited by toffeesthings; 22-04-10, 05:14 AM. Reason: typo
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

To be honest, they should name that idiot who treated the dogs so badly. This is also one of the reason why I don't support buying dogs from pet farms.

Comment

Stop the Buying!

Damn the breeders!

I never support breeding dogs for commerce.
        It's pitiful, on the outlook of things for both the Pups & used adult Dogs.

Pls stop buying puppies from Pet Shops.
        Adopt if you can.

Comment

one thing I don understand is the hatred towards such pet farms. If there are no such pet farms to breed, where do you get your dog in the first place, much less say adopt. And I do know many owners who are very responsible towards their pets so for such people, its def ok for them to get pets.

The key issue here imo is not abt pet farms breeding animals for sale as pets. The key issue is how these pet farms operate and why there are not regulated to make sure the pets are properly taken care of.
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Bro Exxondus,
            Its not that we condemn pet farms or anything, I also know responsible people who own pet stores, but I'd say the general lamentation dog lovers feel is that there are so many stray dogs around to adopt (or save from being put down), so breeding dogs for the sake of breeding is not necessary given other options to share the companionship of a loving stray or unwanted dog.
            Thus, there certainly are other avenues of getting a dog besides breeders, either the SPCA or the ASD (Action of Singapore Dogs).
            One will be pleasantly surprised at how rewarding adopting a stray dog is and how loving they can be!
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

I have 3 dogs and none of them were bought from a pet farm. All of them were bought from nice home owners whose dogs were mated with dogs owned by friends. Often, such folks do advertise on the newspaper if they have extra dogs. Else, they will just keep them.

All these dogs come from loving homes and you can see that the mom and pop dogs are both healthy and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by sdchew View Post
                I have 3 dogs and none of them were bought from a pet farm. All of them were bought from nice home owners whose dogs were mated with dogs owned by friends. Often, such folks do advertise on the newspaper if they have extra dogs. Else, they will just keep them.

All these dogs come from loving homes and you can see that the mom and pop dogs are both healthy and happy.
                Me too... have 2 dogs but both adopted... love them so much. My wife did thought of getting more dogs, but my opinion that we do not love enough to share among the dogs. So only 2, one greatly love by me and the other by my wife.

Its a commitment getting pets and do remember, they are only a part of us but we are everything to them. Be responsible, and not the more the merrier case here...

But i do pity these dogs alot. But just cannot do anything for them but to offer some financial help.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X