Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
    Hi bro pet ,
    Bt timah Plaza my favorite place to hand out with classmate after school for some games at the Fun World ,
    Saloon ? is it on the 1st or second level ? i used to get my hair cut at level 2 BAI Li saloon .
    Still remember the good old days ......
    The saloon name sounds abit sleezy lehs... got special wash bo?
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

there are several reasons why this is happening.

big coffee shop chains such as banquet, kopitiam, koufu keeps opening new outlets. how do they open? they are becoming what you call SME. government gives subsidies to them to aid them in expansion. they have to come out with expansion plans. once approved, they will get money to expand. if you notice, all the foodcourt stalls more or less the same. they will get their existing stall holders to go to new one branch to open.

where to get so many manpower? how many sporeans you know will want to operate a food stall? so likely employ foreign talent. with increasing costs and operators needing to cut cost, they turn from msians to PRC. why? cheaper labour. though it is more likely that a msian can cook better a local flavoured food compared to PRC

so you end up having a PRC cooking local flavour prawn mee, bak chor mee. you think the taste will have local flavour? cooking is an art. take for example the bedok 85 bak chor mee, local people cook. taste better compared to the bak chor me cooked by PRC.

remember, im not against PRC working, what they taste buds and cooking styles is very different for such local flavored food. as such this is possible one of the many reasons for food standard drop.

another possibility is that due to increasing costs, local food operators have to switch to lower grade of ingredients. even vinegar can make or break a bowl of bak chor mee. so if use lower grade, the vinegar used cannot bring out the flavour of the local food fare. when operators cut corners for ingredients, quality of food sure drop.

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
      Ya man.. the food served at the foodcourt getting worsen, really cannot make it... Too commercial already...
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

big coffee shop chains such as banquet, kopitiam, koufu keeps opening new outlets. how do they open? they are becoming what you call SME. government gives subsidies to them to aid them in expansion. they have to come out with expansion plans. once approved, they will get money to expand. if you notice, all the foodcourt stalls more or less the same. they will get their existing stall holders to go to new one branch to open.

where to get so many manpower? how many sporeans you know will want to operate a food stall? so likely employ foreign talent. with increasing costs and operators needing to cut cost, they turn from msians to PRC. why? cheaper labour. though it is more likely that a msian can cook better a local flavoured food compared to PRC

so you end up having a PRC cooking local flavour prawn mee, bak chor mee. you think the taste will have local flavour? cooking is an art. take for example the bedok 85 bak chor mee, local people cook. taste better compared to the bak chor me cooked by PRC.

remember, im not against PRC working, what they taste buds and cooking styles is very different for such local flavored food. as such this is possible one of the many reasons for food standard drop.

another possibility is that due to increasing costs, local food operators have to switch to lower grade of ingredients. even vinegar can make or break a bowl of bak chor mee. so if use lower grade, the vinegar used cannot bring out the flavour of the local food fare. when operators cut corners for ingredients, quality of food sure drop.
        Seconded..... imagine a PRC cooking mee rebus or making Roti Prata...
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
          Seconded..... imagine a PRC cooking mee rebus or making Roti Prata...
          have already.... cannot remember where. the prc even learn to speak tamil
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
            Hi bro pet ,
            Bt timah Plaza my favorite place to hand out with classmate after school for some games at the Fun World ,
            Saloon ? is it on the 1st or second level ? i used to get my hair cut at level 2 BAI Li saloon .
            Still remember the good old days ......
            on the 1st floor, same flr as dbs. . . now no fun world leow... but it's still special lah... the b2 restaurant there also dunno for so many mnay years leow... also the nonya makan at b1...also the kopi tiam at b1 corner ( last time used to operate under ntuc supermarket ), whn ntuc renovate they move to the corner new unit...now confirm individual own....

Originally posted by triton View Post

those chain kopi tiam dont seems to hv good food .... the good 1s all not in those...i hardly walk into those kopi thiam nowadays, i still prefer the old original coffee shop... hee

Comment

yeah....i prefer hawker centres than food courts
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                The saloon name sounds abit sleezy lehs... got special wash bo?
                hahaha... salon name = bai li...

english = bellis

Comment

most foodcourt food is sexpensive and not nice

prefer those run down kopitiams where we have traditional family cooking. more tasty.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

those chain 1s seems to taste the same...usually the good 1s not in those food court... jst take chicken rice... my fav... all those food court and chain kopi tiam 1 jst dont taste as good as those individual stall/ coffee shop 1s.

Comment

want chicken rice. go purvis street. one street alone got like 6 shops selling chicken rice
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hainanese-owned coffee shops tend to serve a variety of Hainanese cuisine, with hainanese chicken rice being the main highlight. Purvis Street was formerly known as "hai nan er jie".

Comment

don't forget the hai nam beef steak, porck chop and chicken chop around that area

Comment

[QUOTE=pet;270942]on the 1st floor, same flr as dbs. . . now no fun world leow... but it's still special lah... the b2 restaurant there also dunno for so many mnay years leow... also the nonya makan at b1...also the kopi tiam at b1 corner ( last time used to operate under ntuc supermarket ), whn ntuc renovate they move to the corner new unit...now confirm individual own....

Oh is the one near to the washroom , its own by my frd's wife .
                            The B2 restaurant (WishBone) , best known for its home made ice-cream . yummy ...
                            Focal JM_Labs .
                            "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                            Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                            Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                            Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                            Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                            Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                            Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                            Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                            Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                            Cartier Santos 100XL
                            Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse