Six Ion stalls close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    The other day I saw Jackie Chan and zhou hua jian at ION. Jackie was jumping in and out of the Richard Mille shop.. zhou was with a group of ppl... no one notice that there were 2 super stars there as there were no one at that time....
    ion really quiet, i go 1 time for lunch, wont go leow loh.... even wnt to buy some hi ticket items, other mall also hv.....go overseas also can buy, more shiok mah, holiday buy buy ..tax free, maybe even cheaper....

Comment

ION is touted as a shopping mall for the Rich & the Poor. The rich will shop upper level the poor will only wonder the lower lever. But the lower level food prices also not so cheap leh.

There are already tell tale signs that SGP retails already over supplied and this year will be a correction year for all retail demand & rental in Sgp. Shopping in Singapore is really getting very expensive if compared shopping in East Asia.

Understand from market Kopi-talk, there are already 17 retail unit in Orchard 313 wanting to gave up their units. Wouldnt be surprise to see more retailers giving up their biz island wide the next 6mths.

Comment

Wow... 313 got 17 units want to give up liao?? In that case, I think sooner or later they will convert Orchard Central into a warehouse....

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
        ION is touted as a shopping mall for the Rich & the Poor. The rich will shop upper level the poor will only wonder the lower lever. But the lower level food prices also not so cheap leh.

There are already tell tale signs that SGP retails already over supplied and this year will be a correction year for all retail demand & rental in Sgp. Shopping in Singapore is really getting very expensive if compared shopping in East Asia.

Understand from market Kopi-talk, there are already 17 retail unit in Orchard 313 wanting to gave up their units. Wouldnt be surprise to see more retailers giving up their biz island wide the next 6mths.

Comment

you can see some boutiques selling their wares like those you can find in neighbourhood malls except that they're more expensive....not much differentiation...likely to be them...
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Wow... 313 got 17 units want to give up liao?? In that case, I think sooner or later they will convert Orchard Central into a warehouse....
            Mustafa should move in. They have the money and need more space.

Comment

You're right, KuchingKu..... nowadays all the new malls are looking for what international brands, "high"-end brands, what concept that concept, not practical at all.....

Mustafa is straight forward, no fancy renov, no fancy "concept", etc... but I never go there before...

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              Mustafa should move in. They have the money and need more space.

Comment

Precisely, I patronise 313 food court at least 3 times a week for lunch and dinner. If you are a regular there, you will notice only the ground level is pack and majority of the crowds there are passing ones to the Sommerset MRT station. Dont be fooled by pack liked sardines crowds.

Not forgetting next too 313 & OC, the vacant land is going to develope into another retail cum hotel (Phoenix Hotel)soon. Opposite 313 a small building has been torn down and also going to develop into another small shopping mall. Further down the road, formerly known as Crown Prince Hotel is in the process of renovating to provide more retail outlets just like the Newly renovated Mauritius Mandrian Hotel.

Just wondering how Singapore retailers is going to survive with more on going shopping malls coming?

Comment

with 6.5 million population, 2 million foreign workers/expats and 15 million tourist visitors

Comment

You're right, KuchingKu..... nowadays all the new malls are looking for what international brands, "high"-end brands, what concept that concept, not practical at all.....

Mustafa is straight forward, no fancy renov, no fancy "concept", etc... but I never go there before...
                    Concept, wait to die ah... landlord like tenant to do concept here & there... WTF.... those are for viewing not buying/ eating... last time quite a few restaurant with concept deco all close down.

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post
                      with 6.5 million population, 2 million foreign workers/expats and 15 million tourist visitors
                      The figures may looks promising. Sadly, those figures are not good enough to help sustain those causualties.

Unfortunatley, the high cost of living (High property price, COE, Rental) left most citizens with very little to spend.

Comment

i thnk wht's bad for the last 5 - 8 yrs is cos of all these property trust landlord taking over major shopping malls... making it so uniform and uninteresting... want tenant reno.. want concept .. want rental yield.....

talk to shop owner frd... after kanna taken over by trust, now business bad...used to be good... even with less traffic, ppl who walk in hv the intention to buy... hee...now with ever increasing rent, hard to survive.

jst hope tht these special mall will not be taken away... eg... bt timah plaza, hahaha... cos it's unique as compare to those heartland mall own by trust... hee.. pie say, cos i stay near there, i ready dont wnt it to be like another 'trust' mall.... si bei boring......the saloon i cut my hair .. still at the same location ...for 20+ yrs...

those .. example like imm... wow... i had my wedding photo taken at one of those bridal shop there.... used to hv lotsa furniture store... bought quite a fair bit from there ... now >>>!>!>???? like any other mall

Comment

Expensive food served at the foodcourt, that doesnt matter..BUT food not tasty. Sorry to sat that..Its a waste of time.. I may as well pay abit more to patronise Crystal Jade n Din Tai Fung..

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by pet View Post
                            i thnk wht's bad for the last 5 - 8 yrs is cos of all these property trust landlord taking over major shopping malls... making it so uniform and uninteresting... want tenant reno.. want concept .. want rental yield.....

talk to shop owner frd... after kanna taken over by trust, now business bad...used to be good... even with less traffic, ppl who walk in hv the intention to buy... hee...now with ever increasing rent, hard to survive.

jst hope tht these special mall will not be taken away... eg... bt timah plaza, hahaha... cos it's unique as compare to those heartland mall own by trust... hee.. pie say, cos i stay near there, i ready dont wnt it to be like another 'trust' mall.... si bei boring......the saloon i cut my hair .. still at the same location ...for 20+ yrs...

those .. example like imm... wow... i had my wedding photo taken at one of those bridal shop there.... used to hv lotsa furniture store... bought quite a fair bit from there ... now >>>!>!>???? like any other mall
                            Hi bro pet ,
                            Bt timah Plaza my favorite place to hand out with classmate after school for some games at the Fun World ,
                            Saloon ? is it on the 1st or second level ? i used to get my hair cut at level 2 BAI Li saloon .
                            Still remember the good old days ......
                            Focal JM_Labs .
                            "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                            Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                            Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                            Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                            Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                            Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                            Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                            Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                            Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                            Cartier Santos 100XL
                            Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                              Expensive food served at the foodcourt, that doesnt matter..BUT food not tasty. Sorry to sat that..Its a waste of time.. I may as well pay abit more to patronise Crystal Jade n Din Tai Fung..
                              Ya man.. the food served at the foodcourt getting worsen, really cannot make it... Too commercial already...

Comment

Yes you're right bro... what you mentioned is only orchard area... there are so many neighbourhood malls these dayz.... jurong point, northpoint, compass point, really NO POINT going to orchard to shop....

Precisely, I patronise 313 food court at least 3 times a week for lunch and dinner. If you are a regular there, you will notice only the ground level is pack and majority of the crowds there are passing ones to the Sommerset MRT station. Dont be fooled by pack liked sardines crowds.

Not forgetting next too 313 & OC, the vacant land is going to develope into another retail cum hotel (Phoenix Hotel)soon. Opposite 313 a small building has been torn down and also going to develop into another small shopping mall. Further down the road, formerly known as Crown Prince Hotel is in the process of renovating to provide more retail outlets just like the Newly renovated Mauritius Mandrian Hotel.

Just wondering how Singapore retailers is going to survive with more on going shopping malls coming?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X