Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Property

Hi All,

I was thinking buying a house in malaysia...
    Just a 5 mins - 10 mins drive from 2nd link to that house that im buyning.
    Problem is itzit now a good time to invest and itzit safe to stay in they?
    Itzit worth of buying a 2403sq.ft 2 storey cluster house freehold that cost only 1/2 mil ?

Thanks
    BUY!
    30.77%
    NO!
    69.23%

Sorry miss out 1 thing....all amout is in Rm...

Comment

investment or overnite fling sia..

Well, you may want to take note of the crime rate there.. My father used to work there every often and hell anything can happen over there..

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
        investment or overnite fling sia..

Well, you may want to take note of the crime rate there.. My father used to work there every often and hell anything can happen over there..

If u plan to invest... tink u need to check the security of tat area... in case you are not staying.. and the house is left empty... even tho u dun put in alot of furniture (nothing much for them to steal) but maybe ur empty house might become a place for drug abusers to stay in...
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Not worth it.

Friend was posted to MY and stays in a condo belt. There're so many units not taken up and those who're promised a certain rental yield can't even get tenants. MY has a lot of land and has been building cluster housing everywhere. With supply more than demand, it's not rocket science.
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

You have to go there and stay once a week. Else...
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

I believe u r mentioning the development near Horizon hill? It's a nice area and I hear mostly Chinese occupants. I hear it's safer and less messy as JB first link. I've seen those houses. Beautiful n some at high hill tops with beautiful view and splendor. BUT regardless of the price, I wun waste money in a country that is unstable whether it's for own stay or investment.
              My 2cents worth

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I will Never buy Malaysian property, I had relatives who didn't listened last time still losing money now...

In my opinion, these are the following reasons (summary):-

1)Malaysian Govt can change regulations,laws, taxes, anytime, no certainty that can impact your future plans whether to stay or for investment.

2)Plenty of land there in JB, enough for next few generations.

3)expensive maintenance for landed

4)poor quality developers/materials used

5)low rentals

6)poor re-sale value, so many new cheap and big houses there, in future who wants to buy your old (by then) house next time?

7)high crime rate, whether you stay or not.... high chance you will get visitors at night (normally stoned-high drug addicts) who may kill you over a few RM and they get away with murder because they are intoxicated -high on drugs.

8)Police force is
                My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                1) WG DIA 18239
                2) YG DIA 18238
                3) WG 18239
                4) YG 18238
                5) YG 18248G Bark
                6) WG DIA 18039
                7) WG 18039
                8) YG 18038
                9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                12) WG 1803
                13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                1)GMT II 116718 18K
                2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                2)D15037 14k
                3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

sooooooo trueeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                  I will Never buy Malaysian property, I had relatives who didn't listened last time still losing money now...

In my opinion, these are the following reasons (summary):-

1)Malaysian Govt can change regulations,laws, taxes, anytime, no certainty that can impact your future plans whether to stay or for investment.

2)Plenty of land there in JB, enough for next few generations.

3)expensive maintenance for landed

4)poor quality developers/materials used

5)low rentals

6)poor re-sale value, so many new cheap and big houses there, in future who wants to buy your old (by then) house next time?

7)high crime rate, whether you stay or not.... high chance you will get visitors at night (normally stoned-high drug addicts) who may kill you over a few RM and they get away with murder because they are intoxicated -high on drugs.

8)Police force is

Comment

If you are buying for own stay (retirement ) or needs (like running a biz there). Go for it.

For half a mill can only buy you a 99yrs HDB four room flat here.

Comment

is it NusaJaya near 2nd link which developed by UEM Land(GLC)? where Lego Land (to be opened on 2012), Medical Uni, water theme park, puteri habour(ready for parking yacht), Johor state gov administration hub, etc all will be there.

looking at Raffles group showing interest to invest at the same area, you might observe further. pls take note if the area is gated with fence for the whole compound.

Comment

i am M'sian..if u asking me to invest property in JB i will say NO but if in KL i will say Yes .

If you can fork out RM 1-2 million then u may consider buying the condo (those less than 1000ft2) at Mont Kiara or Sri Hartamas area (most of the expatriate & celebrities stay there) and the rental return is pretty high..so far i know the highest rental is abt RM 6-7k...
                        Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
                        Future - Geneva hallmark
                        Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

The Rich Malaysians already come here n buy Snigapore properties in flocks

Why would 1 do the opposite and buy properties up North ?

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                            i am M'sian..if u asking me to invest property in JB i will say NO but if in KL i will say Yes .

If you can fork out RM 1-2 million then u may consider buying the condo (those less than 1000ft2) at Mont Kiara or Sri Hartamas area (most of the expatriate & celebrities stay there) and the rental return is pretty high..so far i know the highest rental is abt RM 6-7k...
                            yeah bro..thinking of getting a unit in Hartamas or Damansara.. any opinions/ideas of any new launches?

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post

hey dennis...my friend is staying at Mont Kiara side....so many vacant units there and according to him a lot of the owners can't find anyone to rent them....but i must say the size is very good but the worksmanship sux (at least from the look of his rented unit)..he advised me against it...
                              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                              Audemars Piguet ROO
                              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                              Panerai 270
                              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                              Rolex 116610LV