No announcement yet.

Last night (11 Apr's) Singapore Talking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously thought that Ashraf is a good host, even though he keeps interrupting the guests sometimes, probably becoz he has spent too much time debating. But he has his own opinions and views and he brings them across clearly. Even the MP kena cornered and became defensive later on. These issues are real and close to the hearts of all Singaporeans.

Rental? Please lor, why should I rent when my rental monthly could pay the installment for a property of my own?

Manage expectations? Isn't HDBs supposed to be Public Housing which are supposed to be affordable and available for all Singaporeans? Look at the ridiculous amounts of COV some people are paying. Where would young couples who just started working find the cash? If a young couple really has that amount of cash in their banks, wouldn't they want to use it for other purposes like renovation or something else? Wouldn't they rather use the cash for a private property?

I shudder to think of how our kids are gonna afford their house next time, and don't even get me started on cars...
    --------------------
    My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
    Pam 351M
    Rolex 216570
    Rolex 16610
    Rolex 6694
    Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
    Sinn U1 Black

Comment

by then hopefully all our watches have risen in value, and the people will accept our watch as COV (collateral over valuation).

Next time, the masionette at bishan will be Pam 233 J/K/L series above valuation.

For prime prime HDB properties minimum PP or AP ROO Volcano/F1 nite series etc etc...

Rolex Sub and above will only get you Toa Payoh,,,,

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post
        by then hopefully all our watches have risen in value, and the people will accept our watch as COV (collateral over valuation).

Next time, the masionette at bishan will be Pam 233 J/K/L series above valuation.

For prime prime HDB properties minimum PP or AP ROO Volcano/F1 nite series etc etc...

Rolex Sub and above will only get you Toa Payoh,,,,

LOL
        I left with Ball NightTrain.... then how
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
          I left with Ball NightTrain.... then how
          u can always threaten the seller with 'radioactive' material
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I know this is wishful thinking but let's hope the HDB has the decency to build more flats. This is housing problem is getting out of hand. My good friend, a hard-working employee in a bank, just went looking for flats in the Kovan area (not a prime or close to town location) has to pay almost half a million for a new flat. Doesn't sound very 'subsidized' to me when prices almost double in five short years.
            Basic demand and supply issue here, increase supply to meet demand and everybody will be happy, including PRs/Citizens who don't have to pay astronomically high prices and be labelled market spoilers as a result.
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

Sorry hor i really give owner a 'pp' for my 4 room hdb. If not i will have another watch alr... So commoner u nees to adj the cov expectation. I see hdb site for my area cov always at 20-30k less than actual situation. When i want to buy, everyone asking more than what is on hdb site.... Fake figures? Or i stupid and cant read? U guys decide

Comment

actually COV is who needs who more. You need the flat urgently, you pay.

At depressed times, you get to buy below valuation.

For properties, other than location, location, location, it is always timing. timing, timing

Comment

Anyone know where i can watch this??
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

One of main reasons for high prices is because of easy credit. To lower housing prices, one effective way is to raise interest rates. When interest rates increase, easy credit disappears, then you will have less people leveraging.

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
                      One of main reasons for high prices is because of easy credit. To lower housing prices, one effective way is to raise interest rates. When interest rates increase, easy credit disappears, then you will have less people leveraging.
                      But economy slows down if ir goes up. Gahmen probably don want this to happen. Moreover, not everyone can get loan for the Full amt of COV being asked today. Hence easy credit might not bthe cause in this sense imo
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by phantom628 View Post
                        I seriously thought that Ashraf is a good host, even though he keeps interrupting the guests sometimes, probably becoz he has spent too much time debating. But he has his own opinions and views and he brings them across clearly. Even the MP kena cornered and became defensive later on. These issues are real and close to the hearts of all Singaporeans.

Rental? Please lor, why should I rent when my rental monthly could pay the installment for a property of my own?

Manage expectations? Isn't HDBs supposed to be Public Housing which are supposed to be affordable and available for all Singaporeans? Look at the ridiculous amounts of COV some people are paying. Where would young couples who just started working find the cash? If a young couple really has that amount of cash in their banks, wouldn't they want to use it for other purposes like renovation or something else? Wouldn't they rather use the cash for a private property?

I shudder to think of how our kids are gonna afford their house next time, and don't even get me started on cars...
                        next time, our kids just buy caravan....stay in the van and park at hdb carpark...use water from swimming pool...
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a