CPF withdrawal....wat u tink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPF withdrawal....wat u tink?

Please refer below for the change of the withdrawal percentage for members reaching 55:

Withdrawal of Special and Ordinary Account Balances at 55

Until 31 Dec 2008 50%
    1 Jan 2009 40%
    1 Jan 2010 30%
    1 Jan 2011 20%
    1 Jan 2012 10%

From 1 Jan 2013 Only the Special and Ordinary Account balances after setting
    aside both the CPF Minimum Sum and Medisave Minimum Sum can be withdrawn

From 1 January 2013, members who reach 55 can withdraw their Special and Ordinary Account balances only after setting aside the CPF Minimum Sum and Medisave Minimum Sum. However, members can still withdraw the first $5,000 at 55.

A CPF member can apply to withdraw his outstanding CPF balances in full, including the Ordinary, Special, Medisave and Retirement accounts (if any), if he has left Singapore and West Malaysia permanently with no intention of returning to either country for further employment or residence and ceased to be a Permanent Resident of Singapore / and renounced his Singapore Citizenship (if applicable).

Also, a CPF member who is a West Malaysian citizen may apply to withdraw his / her full CPF, including the Ordinary, Special, Medisave and Retirement accounts (if any), if he / she satisfies all the following conditions:

1) He / She left Singapore permanently for West Malaysia.
    2) He / She does not hold a valid Singapore Work Permit or Employment Pass and / or has renounced his / her Singapore PR
    3) He / She is either:
    a) 55 years old or above, or
    b) below 55 years old but above 50 (on or after his / her 50th birthday), and has not worked in Singapore in the two years before his / her application, or
    c) physically or mentally incapacitated from ever continuing in any employment or is found to be of unsound mind.

If you have further enquiries, you may refer to our article on Leaving Singapore or call our hotline at 1800 227-1188 from Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 6pm.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Qn is, "what can we do?"
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Bingo...

But i'm amazed.... wat the hell does me living in west malaysia got anything to do with them holding my CPF?

Just me and my NT...

Comment

So when can i withdraw the balance / min amount? only after i die? or 80 years old when i cannot even walk?
        My Small Collection :
        GMT II 16710 Coke U series
        JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
        Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
        Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
        Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
        PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
        BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

one scenario is that a singaporean marries a malaysian. im not sure what benefits are there for spouse who are msian. as such, they dont want singaporean to withdraw all money and live in msia then encounter problem there and come back to sg without ability to support oneself.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

THEY may be using our $$$ to invest n invest again... hopefully no more billion dollar losses again...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              one scenario is that a singaporean marries a malaysian. im not sure what benefits are there for spouse who are msian. as such, they dont want singaporean to withdraw all money and live in msia then encounter problem there and come back to sg without ability to support oneself.
              They just dun want to take care of you
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Dun take care is not the main issue... but how come if i married a m'sian spouse and become a M'sia PR.... BUT I STILL CANNOT WITHDRAW OUT ALL MY CPF...

No logic in that...

Just me and my NT...

Comment

I think only if you give up your citizenship then you can withdraw out all your cpf...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                  Dun take care is not the main issue... but how come if i married a m'sian spouse and become a M'sia PR.... BUT I STILL CANNOT WITHDRAW OUT ALL MY CPF...

No logic in that...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    I think only if you give up your citizenship then you can withdraw out all your cpf...
                    Yes, renouce your citizenship. If not, we under their mercy.. No choice..gotta put up with all these ****!

Comment

by the looks of things, oz will be going down this path too . making us work harder, and leaving us less time to withdraw cpf............
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        by the looks of things, oz will be going down this path too . making us work harder, and leaving us less time to withdraw cpf............
                        Yes bro..We r forced to wk harder..
                        Time waits 4 no men...
                        we should be reaping what we sow..but in this case, "THEY" reap what we sow!

Comment

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                          Yes bro..We r forced to wk harder..
                          Time waits 4 no men...
                          we should be reaping what we sow..but in this case, "THEY" reap what we sow!
                          If "unlucky" you dont even get to enjoy what you have "REAP" after decades of your hard earn saving

Comment

Yes bro! Absolutely right! Great minds think alike...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                              If "unlucky" you dont even get to enjoy what you have "REAP" after decades of your hard earn saving
                              in that case, i can only hope my family gets some kind of rewards of my labor.
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X