Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkangel
    replied
    Wah I tell u ah...that night damn suay u know...

after the event...took a bus home...then got this 2 girls share 1 seat n sit next to me. Then after awhile..this girl vomitted!

then my pants and shoes kena...and worst part!! I cannot get out.coz i was like sitting inside and they sit outside!

and they stopped 1 stop before me nia...so the whole journey... the stench was really bad....I think the girl ard my age..+1 or 2 years at most..drank too much..

Leave a comment:

• marineguy8888
    replied
    Originally posted by pet View Post
    wow lau... so many things to do ah ?

got short task list or not ?
    1. buy
    2. add water
    3. add fish.

u mean if dont do it right, fish last few days nia ah ?

can not buy sys..add seawater, add fish nia meh
    You can try the below which is near ur place .

Henry is a friendly guy and will be able to give u good advice or even setup for you . You must tell him u want low maintainence or normal setup .

But if you only want bare tank with sea water the fish at most last 24 to 36 hrs niah . After his suggestion you can call me and discuss .

Got some shortcut lar but fastest also need 1mth before can add in fish .

henry marine life

178 Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre
    West Coast Way
    Singapore 127086

Tel : 6777 4047
    Fax : 6873 1178
    Mobile : 9843 6032

Operating Hours:
    Mondays : 4pm - 8pm
    Tues - Sat : 12pm - 8pm
    Sundays : 1pm - 8pm

Closed on the following Public Holidays : New Year, CNY, Labour Day, National Day & Christmas

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    wow lau... so many things to do ah ?

got short task list or not ?
    1. buy
    2. add water
    3. add fish.

u mean if dont do it right, fish last few days nia ah ?

can not buy sys..add seawater, add fish nia meh

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
    Marine fish not as easy as fresh water fish . But if pet wanna keep the fishes alive for few days only still possible .

It's a closed eco system by itself .
    Need to raise the water/sand/rock .
    When i started, i stared at rocks and sand for 6 mths before i started adding fish slowly . It was almost 1 year than my tank is fully mature to add in the corals .
    I brought 300KG of live rocks and 200KG of sand and another 150KG of salt water all inside a 5ft tank and that is still the min .
    min

Leave a comment:

• marineguy8888
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    so much stuff to do and trouble just to rear fishes!
    Marine fish not as easy as fresh water fish . But if pet wanna keep the fishes alive for few days only still possible .

It's a closed eco system by itself .
    Need to raise the water/sand/rock .
    When i started, i stared at rocks and sand for 6 mths before i started adding fish slowly . It was almost 1 year than my tank is fully mature to add in the corals .
    I brought 300KG of live rocks and 200KG of sand and another 150KG of salt water all inside a 5ft tank and that is still the min .

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    so much stuff to do and trouble just to rear fishes!

Leave a comment:

• marineguy8888
    replied
    http://www.reefcentral.com/FAQ/general/index.php

You can opt for fish only environment w/o most of the other equipments but they will only live for a short period of time and most likely die in days .

http://www.liveaquaria.com/PIC/article.cfm?aid=223

Leave a comment:

• marineguy8888
    replied
    Fowlr

Fish Only with Live Rocks setup as below

A. Decide on your choice of fishes (don't overstock)
    B. Decide on your choice of substrate and the type of system you want
    C. Buy equipment according to A. & B.
    D. Decide on your choices for clean-up crew
    E. Decide on the live rock you want and the display's landscaping
    F. Decide on the water quality test kits you will need
    G. Decide on your choice for source water
    H. Decide on your choice of artificial salt mix or salt water source
    I. Decide on equipment needed to make up salt water for changes
    J. Decide on quarantine, dipping, and treatment equipment and meds
    K. Decide on the way you will supply proper nutrition to your fishes
    L. Acquire all the incidental dry goods, buckets, mixers, pumps, siphons, substrate cleaning equipment, filters/filter socks, carbon filters, tubing, etc.

SEQUENCE OF THE SET UP

1. Place cleaned aquarium in its spot
    2. Put in substrate (that has been cleaned)
    3. Put in some water; don't fill tank more than half-full with marine water (onto a dish so as to not disturb substrate)
    4. Arrange live rock
    5. Fill tank with marine/salt water (An alternative approach is to fill the tank with source water and mix the first batch of saltwater in the bare tank. This will work too. After the water is mixed, aged, and adjusted, then arrange the live rock in it (removing excess water if necessary and storing it for water changes))
    6. Start operation of equipment (light, pumps, filter, heater, skimmer, etc.)
    7. Check water chemistries (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) and water parameters (specific gravity, temperature, and pH). Make minor changes to specific gravity, temperature, and pH at this time. Practice holding these three as steady as you can on a day-to-day basis. Do these tests at various times of the day to see how they fluctuate (if the do) throughout the day.
    8. LET THE TANK RUN LIKE THIS FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS. Check twice or three times a day all equipment for leaks and malfunction. Make any equipment adjustments.
    9. Life should be coming out of the live rock by this point, and hopefully pods and worms will be spreading around the aquarium. (Check at night, too). Start feeding that life. Add frozen fish foods to the aquarium (NOT pellets or flake) at a rate of about 0.5 gram every day or other day per 25 gallons of water. After no less than two weeks OR when readings indicate ammonia level is zero and nitrite levels are below 0.10 ppm and pH is being held steady go on to 10. Add additional pods and worms if you like, at this point.
    10. Begin your water change pattern (10+% weekly, 25% every 2 weeks, or 40+% monthly are good choices). Put one or more sponge filters into the display tank (sump) for the quarantine process.
    11. When all chemistries and parameters are stable and where they should be, now check alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium. Additions may be needed, but for the most part your water changes will probably keep these controlled unless the artificial salt or source water is a problem.
    12. After any adjustments from 11, repeat the tests to make sure the concentrations are where they should be. WAIT 4 more weeks! Now start checking the phosphate concentration.
    13. Slowly add your clean-up crew from quarantine. Add all snails, including some carnivorous ones. Feed them according to what they need to eat. (Feed herbivore snails with sheets of marine algae; feed carnivore snails with shrimp flesh, scallop, squid, clam, etc. but no pellets yet). Do not add starfish or cucumber at this point. Don't add any obligate detritus eaters.
    14. Run aquarium with the clean-up crew being fed and kept healthy for a few weeks. Then, if all water chemistries and water parameters are still good, add shrimp, additional worms and pods you'd like to keep. Feed all your livestock every two days. At this time, you can include the feeding of pellets that sink.
    15. Drop a clean, opened, previously frozen and thawed living clam into the aquarium once every 10 days. You should see worms, carnivorous snails, and the shrimp eating it. Remove any uneaten clam 20 hours after putting it in.
    16. After no less than two months of running the aquarium with the clean-up crew in place with proper, steady water quality the appearance of the aquarium should be coming around. There should be less noticeable 'brown algae' and nuisance algae. The clean-up crew can be expanded along the way as needed. Snails may be laying eggs (a good sign), pod population should be very high, and worms are perhaps more noticeable (they are getting brave since there are no worm predators around -- yet!).
    17. Determine the foods needed for the fishes you want to keep. Obtain proper nutritional supplements and foods and get things ready for handling fishes.
    18. Acquire your first (hardy) fish to put through the quarantine process.
    19. Start adding hardy fish to the display aquarium at a rate no faster than one fish every 6 weeks. Monitor all chemistries and if anything goes out of sorts, stop adding fish, determine any causes, fix causes, make additional water changes, etc. before continuing. CHOOSE YOUR FISH WISELY.
    20. After the first fish is added, you may quarantine a Chocolate Chip Star separately to be added to the display. Same with a cucumber. The QT for the cucumber can have a thick substrate laden with food particles during quarantine. Choose one or the other for aquariums over 165 gallons. Now is the time to add any obligate detritus eaters.
    21. After several (6-8) months of operation after the clean-up crew was put in, the tank should be mature and ready for more sensitive fishes (the large Angelfishes, Butterflyfish, etc.). If the goal is to keep these kinds of fishes, then let the tank run with the clean up crew, shrimp, etc. and regular feedings for these critters, for no less than a total of 6 months. NOTE: Large Angelfishes should be kept in 300 gallon or larger aquariums, preferably a 500 gallon when they are a longer than 12 inches.
    22. Don't overstock. Stick to your plan.
    23. Add fish one at a time with no less than 6 weeks in between so the system can adjust to each addition. The system needs time to gear up to additional bio-loads and demands put on it.

The thoroughness of this post is not meant to overwhelm the beginner. It is meant to be more or less complete in order to show the beginner how to go about starting a FOWLR system. Still, it is left up to the beginner to decide on the type of system and how complex of a system to setup.

If the patience can be found to follow this recommendation, then success WILL be yours. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Hahaha...the marineguy has spoken

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
    Alamak . It takes 3 to 6 mths to stabilize all the conditions of the water/rocks/sand for fishes and corals to thrive and multiply. And the maintainence and equipment is not cheap lor .

If you only wanna preserve them for few days a basic setup will do .

Get a min 3 ft tank and add sea water in lor .

I started with a 5 footer tank .
    But you will like the end result when everything is stable and self sustained .
    http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...totm/index.php
    A SG reef fanatics tank . How i wished i could accomplish that result .

But if you want them to survive longer the below is a good read .
    http://www.geocities.com/roundbayreef/reeftanksetup.htm
    http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/index.htm
    http://fins.actwin.com/aquariafaq.html
    http://www.marinebiology.org/science.htm
    http://www.versaquatics.com/
    wow lau 3 to 6 mths...

si bei swee.. but not into such pro reef tank leh.. hehee

i jst wanna keep some bait and also maybe couple of small fish caught, for fun nia..

but hor, ppl tell me, if u hook up fish leow, bring home, will not survive. dunno true not.

prawn diff to keep hor ?

Originally posted by triton View Post
    i just gave my tank and filter and thermometer away
    last time i got 3 tanks, but all for fresh water, fish mati... thn fedup gv away.

aiyo, should gv me ...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    i just gave my tank and filter and thermometer away

now i go zero item at home, tank all gv away leow.. itchy bckside, want to buy bck and try again

Leave a comment:

• marineguy8888
    replied
    ya hor... MG into saltwater aqua tank hor...now i rem...tht's wht id = mg... hahhaa

MG... how huh ? i want to keep some small mullet/ milk fish ( use as bait for fishing ) ... i think keep prawns diff lah hor ??

also, i want to keep those small little fish ( small grouper ) tht i caught in the tank ... how huh ..???

i tried last time, caught a small kim bak lor .. but i put in, mati leow

now i go zero item at home, tank all gv away leow.. itchy bckside, want to buy bck and try again
    Alamak . It takes 3 to 6 mths to stabilize all the conditions of the water/rocks/sand for fishes and corals to thrive and multiply. And the maintainence and equipment is not cheap lor .

If you only wanna preserve them for few days a basic setup will do .

Get a min 3 ft tank and add sea water in lor .

I started with a 5 footer tank .
    But you will like the end result when everything is stable and self sustained .
    http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...totm/index.php
    A SG reef fanatics tank . How i wished i could accomplish that result .

But if you want them to survive longer the below is a good read .
    http://www.geocities.com/roundbayreef/reeftanksetup.htm
    http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/index.htm
    http://fins.actwin.com/aquariafaq.html
    http://www.marinebiology.org/science.htm
    http://www.versaquatics.com/
    Last edited by marineguy8888; 04-10-08, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Originally posted by egstring View Post
    PET u go keep mermaid la
    haahhaa.. i want also leh, but cannot find ah ?

the only mermaid i know in tank hor = those i saw in thailand & macau 'fish tank' .... ahahhaha

Leave a comment:

• egstring
    replied
    PET u go keep mermaid la

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Hahha..you follow him ah?

MARINEGUY? maybe..hahaha
    ya hor... MG into saltwater aqua tank hor...now i rem...tht's wht id = mg... hahhaa

MG... how huh ? i want to keep some small mullet/ milk fish ( use as bait for fishing ) ... i think keep prawns diff lah hor ??

also, i want to keep those small little fish ( small grouper ) tht i caught in the tank ... how huh ..???

i tried last time, caught a small kim bak lor .. but i put in, mati leow

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X