Arrest warrant issued, Interpol on red alert against Silviu Ionescu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrest warrant issued, Interpol on red alert against Silviu Ionescu

SINGAPORE: The Singapore government has issued a warrant of arrest against Dr Silviu Ionescu over a deadly hit-and-run accident, while Interpol issued a Red Notice against the former Romanian charge d'affaires.

Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) on Friday met Mr Aurelian Neagu, the Romanian Ambassador to Singapore, who is based in Tokyo.

MFA said Mr Neagu was officially informed of the findings of the Coroner's Inquiry and the charges preferred by the Singapore Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) against Dr Silviu Ionescu.

He was also officially informed that a Warrant of Arrest had been issued against Dr Ionescu and that Interpol had issued a Red Notice against him.

A Red Notice means the warrant can be circulated in member countries, with the request that the wanted person be arrested with a view to extradition.

The Ambassador was told that while Singapore understood Romania had taken the position that it could not compel Dr Ionescu to return as there was no Extradition Treaty between Singapore and Romania, Singapore's preference was nevertheless for Dr Ionescu to return to the city-state to face the charges.

MFA stressed that the Romanian government had a clear moral obligation to do all it can to persuade Dr Ionescu to go back to Singapore to stand trial.

It said this was in Romania's own interests as Dr Ionescu had seriously damaged Romania's international reputation.

Mr Neagu informed MFA that the Romanian Prosecutor's Office had started criminal investigations against Dr Ionescu on February 2 on "homicide by negligence, leaving the scene of an accident and false statements".

Ambassador Neagu stressed that Romania was committed to seeing justice done.

The Ambassador explained that Romania would need to conduct its own investigations against Dr Ionescu in accordance with Romanian law.

He assured MFA that Romania would continue to cooperate fully with Singapore on the matter.

MFA thanked Mr Neagu for his assurances of Romania's commitment to see justice served.

MFA reiterated that Singapore would cooperate with Romania to the fullest extent possible under Singapore's law to see that justice is served.

The ministry formally informed the Ambassador that Singapore agreed to the establishment of a Joint Technical WorkingGroup (or Rogatory Commission) as proposed by Romania in a letter dated February 24 this year, and conveyed to Singapore by the Romanian Embassy in Singapore on March 8.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...048989/1/.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

hurray! i really want to see the outcome of this.see how that idiot faces justice!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Let's hope justice is done. If he did it he must take the punishment.

Comment

SUI... can't wait to see that pig head get caught..
        I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Wanted that idiot back here in SG and see what happen to him.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

As long as Dr Ionescu is in the safe hand of Romanian government and not leaving Romania. He still can walk away scotts free.....

Comment

Agreed.... you think he will get caught so easily?? you think he will return Singapore to face charges?? you think people will still remember a few years later?? Who is the red leader from Thailand... do you think he will return thailand?? do you think he will get caught outside thailand? Same case here...
              Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
              As long as Dr Ionescu is in the safe hand of Romanian government and not leaving Romania. He still can walk away scotts free.....

Comment

As long as he remains in Romania and Romania does not hand him over, all these warrants and Interpol is useless. Romania keeps saying they have no extradiction theaty with Sg. So, interpol or our mata also cannot go inside and catch him. Unless he leaves Romania but he won't lah.

Comment

in other words, he is covered.

Comment

He can change his passport name to Dr. Silviv Ionescu, he can travel to any part of the world without alerting the Interpol....

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                    As long as he remains in Romania and Romania does not hand him over, all these warrants and Interpol is useless. Romania keeps saying they have no extradiction theaty with Sg. So, interpol or our mata also cannot go inside and catch him. Unless he leaves Romania but he won't lah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinner View Post
                      in other words, he is covered.
                      camoflage in within those COWARDS...
                      2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

maybe need to send in commandos and snatch him away...

Comment

Originally posted by fedagent28 View Post
                          and start a war in the process
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by fedagent28 View Post
                            you may want to contact mossad for that type of service.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              you may want to contact mossad for that type of service.

I don't know, they did the Dubai job but in the end were found out

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X