No announcement yet.

$1 million each, for Olympic glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lis and Fengs are already getting a much better deal w/o these millions. More Lis and Fengs will come as we are like sugar daddy.

For their last Olympic, they already received 1/4 million, plus they also got monthly pay.

If they had remained in China, they would not even be god enough to get into National Team. Even the World Champs from China don't get as much as them.

After the get our millions, they go back China and get married, buy house.

To me, same as Huang Na's mother who took all the kindness money back to China and enjoy life.

So what if we win Olympic Gold or Silver....Singapore is still Singapore.

MCYS does not even take care of our Own True Olympic medalist (Tan Howe Liang) with rewards.

Comment

Sidetrack abit...

Huang Na case was really a classic.... i can imagine the mother luffing back at all those who donated...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

PA: SGD360/mth for 24mths for 11 person in Spore in last 18mths

Between Jul 08 & Dec 09, outta 85k who are unemployed & outta 65k househoulds in SG that have less than SGD500 household income, Public Assistance were given to just 11 ppl.

This public assitance, if you're lucky to get it, will only be given for max of 24mth.
        After 24 mths, regardless of how well or how worst or how permanent your job, unemployment, health, family burden, injury, decease, income, debt, circumstances and predicament get, the SGD360/mth will stop.

Now back to this S$6mil, I really do not care if these China breed & born paddlers win every single championship, WC & Olympic in e world, Mars & Pluto, these PRs are not Singaporeans & they will never be regardless of how many S$10millions we spent on FT integration & regardless how many S$6million we spent on Burmese & Thai's Water Festival.

Suffice to say, regardless of sports, any Spore foreign born & breed can win everything there is to win in e universe & everyone true red-Sporean will still say, "SO WHAT?".

If you goto Msia, they have a squash world No#1 Nicole David who's Penang born to a 8th generation Eurasian family. She's been No#1 since 2006, I think. She had won 43 world titles in 56 finals and she is still the youngest ever world champion.

And, the Boleh-land also have badminton world No#1 Lim Chong Wei who just won the All England and who's been NO#1 since 2006. He had won 25 world titles since 2003.

If you come back south to Spore, what do we have? ERP, COE, ITE, HDB?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post

If you come back south to Spore, what do we have? ERP, COE, ITE, HDB?
          Bro... i love this quote!!

Just me and my NT...

Comment

to me FT will always be in the advantage...becoz in the case got war or anything nasty happen here...they can easily just hop back to their motherland...where else for true blooded singaporeans who slogged and waste the 2 yrs in NS got to defend our land...

in good times all the good stuff goes to FT...bad times we have to endure...becoz we have no where else to go liao....

To be honest...how many FTs are willing to stay and fight for Singapore during wartime...i wonder to myself too...

P.S: all the above are based on my own opinions only...and i am no grass root leader or anything remotely close to that...
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post

P.S: all the above are based on my own opinions only...and i am no grass root leader or anything remotely close to that...

Offtopic abit... u not grass root leader but the chicken head leader rite?

Just me and my NT...

Comment

erm...me ain't no leader...just the typical monkey see monkey do type lar..aiyo....
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

True True....
                  you're right.... if I am sg govt, rather give $1M each for Olympic glory, I will assure these sportmen and sportwomen with govt jobs like army officers, navy officers, etc.... give them a crab or two if can achieve from their sport career... bronze got one crab, silver got two crab, gold got three crab. Anyway, the army, navy, etc need fit people too... IPPT sure no problem one....

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                  Agree to some extend also...

But i would say 2 main factor contribute to this... first.. parents in SG dun see their children having bright future pursuing sports... they rather their children go into some good schools, get a degree, masters, etc....

second.. SG does not have to type of facilities + CASH to make groom any sports to be world-class....... eg, soccer... S-league will never be another Seria A, Primera Liga, BPL, etc... no crowd = no cash = no high salary for a potential sportsman/sportswoman...

Comment

....................................million dollar reward VS the leaders million dollar annual pay= billions of losses in this financial period

Comment

IMHO. Singapore really have to do some soul searching. Why is the sports council in such a desperation in importing FT sportsmen & giving them citizenship to win for Singapore.

The sports council is indeed sending a very wrong signal. They are telling the younger generation that we need not reap what we have sow. Paying top dollar is the soultion to get the quickie job done for us. Where is our once taught moral education?

Why would anyone wants to send their kids to the sports school if we knew where their future going to end up.??

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        to me FT will always be in the advantage...becoz in the case got war or anything nasty happen here...they can easily just hop back to their motherland...where else for true blooded singaporeans who slogged and waste the 2 yrs in NS got to defend our land...

in good times all the good stuff goes to FT...bad times we have to endure...becoz we have no where else to go liao....

To be honest...how many FTs are willing to stay and fight for Singapore during wartime...i wonder to myself too...

bro, u wanna run for parliment?
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I am very very sianz with Spore...dissapointed

Crowded MRT & bus.
                          Long wait for bus & MRT. Sometimes wait till give up.

Someone who still insist HDB is still very affordable till today.

They brought in 240k FT in last 3yrs & now 37% of our population r from Bangla, India, Indon, China, Filipina, Msia, Burmese, Taiwan & HK who crowded us our from public transport & property and not to mention, jobs.

Many of my seniors from previous company, Uni, Sec & Pri are now driving cab as they still couldn't find a decent job after 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005 & 2008 recessions.
                          Fresh SG Uni & Poly grads r working in Tang & chasing ppl for survey & CC on e road, MRT & bus interchange.
                          Some of my frens even got retrenched from e same Co. 3x

FT swamping out our old folks from their last possible jobs opportunity in Koufu, S11, BreadTalk, Food Republic, Shen Shiong and almost all hawker ctrs.
                          I really do not know how these FTs in the low value added, non-GDP & GNP & non-export driven & low productivity FnB industry can contribute to our SG...

Gov losing SGD30bil in Temasek & USD30bil in GIC and not a single sorry or apologies?

And now, they are proposing that profit made from HDB will be locked up in CPF on top of CPF loan + interest?
                          And MND & HDB still have the gut to build just 12k flats between 2005 & 2008 while 120k ppl r new SG Citizen & PRs in e same period?

They even accuse us of being picky when all their flats are so far away from work & has bus service that only show up once in an hour and still impossible to get on?

Worst, we are call sheep, daft, anus not stuffed by hyde, not hard-driving, lesser mortals & a bunch of 16yo?

Even worst, someone who's gonna lead our productivity which dropped 8.8% last year due to influx of cheap labour last 3 years in sleeping in e parliment during a budget debate!

A labour chief even said he's deaf to all criticism recently...Someone older even think he's a lion when actually he was more of a lamb when he was of higher post previously?

We are really really gonna "si" for sure if we dun give tis gov a tsunami.
                          In fact someone very old just said, "you die, your problem"

Now, for these ppl drawing a highest salary in e world, I think it's time we show you who die 1st.

Comment

Bro Fred is rite! Those guys has been complacent, arrogrant and sleeping on their jobs for too long...... The time is long due! Its time for a change or our next generation is gonna "Si" for sure.

Comment

The f**ker who says HDB is affordable maybe refers to those having a ''overpaid'' annual million dollar paid white dressed shirt ppl.

based on their high pay, y i don't see these ppl in white stand out to donate $$$ out of their own pockets during charity events like Thong Chai charity show o whichever??

Billion losses here n there, thats our ppl $$$!!! who shall be held liable 4 that? these losses can help many poor n needy families in our society.

That old forgey may think he is indispensible to the stability of the nation... this increase, that increase.. but nv think hard for the low income ppl. So much 4 his million dollar ass brain!

Comment

Relax bro...

True true, Long wait for bus & MRT. Sometimes wait till give up. But I remember when I was working in the States, I got to drive 45mins to work. Traffic was so bad during fridays and saturdays that sometimes it took me double the time to reach home....

I think HDB is still relatively cheap when compared with private housing. Take for an example Fernvale Ridge in Sengkang and Sembawang RiverLodge, prices start from $128,000 for a 3-room flat, $216,000 for a 4-room flat and $281,000 for a 5-room flat (source from HDB.gov.sg). Crazy HDB prices are only in hot locations where most people demanded... Batamboy, I hope I don't become a F**ker after posting this...

Bro Fred mentioned about Fresh SG Uni & Poly grads r working in Tang & chasing ppl for survey & CC on e road, MRT & bus interchange. The problem with these SG Uni & Poly grads is that they ONLY want to work for BIG corp companies, feel good with their uniforms... I have friends who own small private companies having problem hiring local grads as these grads think that there is no future in small company and also complain about the office/factory location, long working hours, etc... ideally, they ONLY want to work in town at ang mo company...

As for his frens who got retrenched from e same Co. 3x.... I must say... very unlucky...

Bro Fred also mentioned that FT swamping out our old folks from their last possible jobs opportunity in Koufu, S11, BreadTalk, Food Republic, Shen Shiong and almost all hawker ctrs. Actual fact is that local ppl doesn't want to work long hours with low pay... Companies in these industries need labour who can work long hours but can't afford high salary... they have no choice but to look at FTs... BreadTalk's bread is already expensive, if they give high salary.... my friend's coffee shop at suntec faces the same situation, he told me that local young kids worked like a month or two jump boat, at least these Filipina kids are polite, hardworking and most importantly they work in contract basis so no worries about staff jumping boat...

To make it short, I think Singaporeans only want the best but don't want to pay for it. If they can't get the best, they blame the govt. Life here is ok lah... cheers!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X