Sim Lim Square shop charged $950 for $334 PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol,

i just went LP, the seller very funny one, can tell that he is a new salesman.

an export set iphone 3g 8gig, said got warranty, and i asked which warranty, my shop warranty.

brand new for 580 and i alr pester him that price is inlcuded GST and final price,so i thought it is not a bad deal, since he take out everything and the iphone still covered by plastic (i know i can easily paste back on). i was ready to try to put my sim card in to test, and he quickly grab the iphone from my hand, he said need to unlocked first. then i asked, "like that not final price right?" "hidden cost right?!"

he ignored my question, and he do the unlocked by put in don't know what sim card. while he doing, i keep asking how much the unlocked. and he said don't worry, very affordable.

after he finish unlocked, then he just put my sim card and put in. and he quote me 860 for total... i straight away stand up and asked my sim card back. and he keep pestering me to buy, as he done everything already.

after 30mnts, he cant get my money and he keep telling me that he done all the things for me and bla bla bla....try to make me feel guilty, but too bad, i do sales i know all the tactic, especially in lucky plaza. some more he can come out with a bundle package, 860 with free screen protector, yeah right!

in the losing side, then he ask for 20 bucks from me, to atleast get something from his shop. i asked what i can get, he said a screen protector. then i walk out straight.i don't bother to get.

tsk, such a low morale sales people. what a shame.
    if they keep doing this, sooner or later all the tourist will think bad about singaporean. do a clean business please.
    "It is not the watch, but purely is you who define the watch..." -pst666-

List: Montres de Luxe P48 Thunderbolt Chrono, ECW Panhard -M8D-
    whist: IWC Aquatimer Galapagos Island

Comment

hee hee, thats LP for you

that time I go wanted to buy psp also. gimme good price but later then found out listed at the shop big big 280 is without GST and without adaptor.

ask them how can psp come without adaptor he say, its like that one. add GST and adaptor total increase till close to 400.

lame right? thats why i say SLS and LP are 2 very dangerous place. but of cos, if you did your homework then no worries lah. But if did homework, will avoid those 2 places in the first place

Originally posted by pastilence666 View Post
      lol,

i just went LP, the seller very funny one, can tell that he is a new salesman.

an export set iphone 3g 8gig, said got warranty, and i asked which warranty, my shop warranty.

brand new for 580 and i alr pester him that price is inlcuded GST and final price,so i thought it is not a bad deal, since he take out everything and the iphone still covered by plastic (i know i can easily paste back on). i was ready to try to put my sim card in to test, and he quickly grab the iphone from my hand, he said need to unlocked first. then i asked, "like that not final price right?" "hidden cost right?!"

he ignored my question, and he do the unlocked by put in don't know what sim card. while he doing, i keep asking how much the unlocked. and he said don't worry, very affordable.

after he finish unlocked, then he just put my sim card and put in. and he quote me 860 for total... i straight away stand up and asked my sim card back. and he keep pestering me to buy, as he done everything already.

after 30mnts, he cant get my money and he keep telling me that he done all the things for me and bla bla bla....try to make me feel guilty, but too bad, i do sales i know all the tactic, especially in lucky plaza. some more he can come out with a bundle package, 860 with free screen protector, yeah right!

in the losing side, then he ask for 20 bucks from me, to atleast get something from his shop. i asked what i can get, he said a screen protector. then i walk out straight.i don't bother to get.

tsk, such a low morale sales people. what a shame.
      if they keep doing this, sooner or later all the tourist will think bad about singaporean. do a clean business please.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post

that time I go wanted to buy psp also. gimme good price but later then found out listed at the shop big big 280 is without GST and without adaptor.

ask them how can psp come without adaptor he say, its like that one. add GST and adaptor total increase till close to 400.

lame right? thats why i say SLS and LP are 2 very dangerous place. but of cos, if you did your homework then no worries lah. But if did homework, will avoid those 2 places in the first place
        For buying such items, you can get psp cheaper elsewhere like game shops like game score or funzsqurare, rather than LP, phone wise, try the shop at bencoolen shop or mobile square at Far east. Don't bother go SLS for such items, SLS is for computer stuff. I prefer these places, as there are no hidden price and the service is good.
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Pui! PSP adaptor where got cost $100 more? And it's not 'like that one', the PSP packaging from Sony will tell you what comes with the package. Next time such LP or SLS people pull such a stunt, just say you will call the manufacturer and clarify, hehe, see how they sweat!
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Zenith Pilot Extra Special
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
            Pui! PSP adaptor where got cost $100 more? And it's not 'like that one', the PSP packaging from Sony will tell you what comes with the package. Next time such LP or SLS people pull such a stunt, just say you will call the manufacturer and clarify, hehe, see how they sweat!

Oh well, at the end of the day, customer can still walk out of the store, if deal is not good.

Like they said, when you buy meat from Kathmandu, expect a little bit of extra...

-----------------------------------------
            ...in pursuit of the next crown...
            -----------------------------------------

Comment

**** happens

Comment

My china worker got cheated once too. He paid $280 for a psp with free upgrade, 5 downloaded games, 8gb SD card and a case. The ah beng salesman told him to come back to collect later becos he needs to do software upgarde.

When my china worker went back, the ah beng only gave him the psp with 4 gb! Then told him to pay extra for the other items. My worker called me to go down there. I went together with the sim lim management person and talked and negotiated very nicely to the ah beng for 30 mins. The ah beng even threatened to beat my worker next time he sees him. In the end, when we said since cannot resolve, we report police then he returned the money to us.
                Nb, si ah beng!

Most times I rather buy from Best Denki or such shops and pay higher but better peace of mind.

Comment

ya lor...where got good and cheap de....may as well save time and trouble by buying from authorised dealers like best denki,harvey norman and such...
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i got call singapore sony ask how come psp can sell items inside the box seperately one.

They tell me most if not all at LP are not authorised dealers. The set sold there also not local sets but are parallel imported. Hence, they cannot control hw the shops are selling it. Then ask me go sony galleria buy instead LOL
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

more often than not, you can get a complete set i.e console, adaptor, screen protector, firmware upgrade, memory card, game downloads for maybe less than $350 in the games shop. guess checking around is by far the safest and best method.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        ...harvey norman and such...
                        i wont even enter their store.... overpricing at its best. Happens in both Oz and sg.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I don't know about Oz, but I think many bros here don't know that prices can be bargain at these kind of stores...
                          Also one thing no good about these kind of stores, is that those salesman will encourage you to buy some other brands other than your choice... not because those brands are really better as they claimed but those brands give them more commission.... So whatz the difference between them and salesman from LP???

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          i wont even enter their store.... overpricing at its best. Happens in both Oz and sg.

Comment

this serve an awareness for all forummer here to check our receipt and not be the next SLS target.
                            2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

i got call singapore sony ask how come psp can sell items inside the box seperately one.

They tell me most if not all at LP are not authorised dealers. The set sold there also not local sets but are parallel imported. Hence, they cannot control hw the shops are selling it. Then ask me go sony galleria buy instead LOL
                              Haha, I think next time just do like what Bro Surestik recommended, buy from neighborhood video game shop, they cost marginally more than SLS or LP but surely less than Harvey Norman or Sony Gallery and can perform the necessary upgrades.
                              If you declare that you live around the neighborhood, these shops might be less likely to 'chop carrot' and could even give you a discount!
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato
                              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                              Rolex DSSD
                              IWC Big Pilot
                              Pam 112
                              Omega Ploprof
                              Breitling Super Avenger
                              Glycine F104

Comment

In that case, we should declare that we stay around orchard road when buying from those shops at LP.

Haha, I think next time just do like what Bro Surestik recommended, buy from neighborhood video game shop, they cost marginally more than SLS or LP but surely less than Harvey Norman or Sony Gallery and can perform the necessary upgrades.
                                If you declare that you live around the neighborhood, these shops might be less likely to 'chop carrot' and could even give you a discount!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X