Sim Lim Square shop charged $950 for $334 PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim Lim Square shop charged $950 for $334 PSP

A customer claimed that he was overcharged by a Sim Lim Square shop of some $600 when he purchased a PlayStation Portable (PSP) console from the tech mall.

What was supposed to have been $334 for a PSP console and accessories turned out to be a $950 purchase. This was $616 more than the agreed price.

Local Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that Mr Zhang had visited the store on 1 April, soon after he received his salary.

The 19-year-old factory operator had stopped by the tech mall in the evening in hopes of purchasing a PSP handheld console.

Mr Zhang told Wanbao that he stepped into a videogame store at about 7.30pm, and was promptly informed by the shop staff that the store was about to close. He was asked to make his purchase quickly if he wanted to buy anything.

When Mr Zhang expressed his interest in getting a PSP, a salesperson then showed him a PSP console and some accessories. He was then informed that the PSP console itself would cost $190, the memory card costs $59 and an 'upgrade' to make the PSP run faster would cost $89.

Calculating the total bill to be $334, Mr Zhang thought that it sounded like a good deal and agreed to the purchase.

The salesperson then informed Mr Zhang that paying by NETS would qualify his purchase for a lucky draw. After handing his ATM card over to the salesperson and completing the purchase, the shop staff then handed Mr Zhang's items to him and kept the printed transaction receipt.

It was only when Mr Zhang got home that he realized he was billed $950 for his purchases instead of the formerly agreed-upon $334.

The receipt that was in the bag did not provide an itemized bill, but only listed the items sold and a total price of $950.

Mr Zhang admitted that he did not double check the purchase price on the NETS machine before going through with the sales. A check with the bank later revealed that $950 was indeed deducted from Mr Zhang's bank account for the purchase.

However, the shop had denied all knowledge of the incident Mr Zhang when he returned to complain about the overcharging.

The shop staff that he had approached claimed that the salesperson who handled the transaction was not around and refused to discuss the matter further.

When a Wanbao reporter called the store, shop staff were also unwilling to comment.

Mr Zhang told the Chinese evening daily that he was planning to make a complaint to CASE.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

These Chinese guy is stupid lah... never check around now blame the shop... the item " an 'upgrade' to make the PSP run faster would cost $89", run faster??? why need faster???

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      These Chinese guy is stupid lah... never check around now blame the shop... the item " an 'upgrade' to make the PSP run faster would cost $89", run faster??? why need faster???
      What upgrade lah, it is just a firmware download to make the psp work with "compatible" games only.

Comment

aiyo...... SLS first to third floor all veri high rental. All sales staffs armed with sharp knives waiting to blood 呆呆 customer .

too bad......... 愿者上钩
        劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

customer never check plus sim lim is quite a dangerous place to shop

Comment

its NETS leh.... so the price is on the device when the buyer keys in the PIN number ma.... hmmm
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Err........ in SLS when u bargin for discount....... u must factor in the GST yourself. if not, hee hee .... additional 7% GST in the final bill.

all sales staffs will neber tell u on spot that GST is not included in the discounted price
              劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                its NETS leh.... so the price is on the device when the buyer keys in the PIN number ma.... hmmm
                precisely. how can he just key in the pin without looking!! but also a bit weird. 950 and 336 a big difference. how can the shop key this kinda amt in the first place?

oh well, SLS and Lucky Plaza are 2 places in Singapore that people shld avoid buying electronics from.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I heard that those sales staff there are based on commission based and there are no basic salary for them... so the more they sell, the higher price they sell, the more $$$ they got in the end of the month... so this is the ideal flexible wage system in singapore???

Comment

bro, I bought all my electronics from LP and I have no problem at all... it is the buyer who are stupid enough not to do his/her homework....
                    Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    precisely. how can he just key in the pin without looking!! but also a bit weird. 950 and 336 a big difference. how can the shop key this kinda amt in the first place?

oh well, SLS and Lucky Plaza are 2 places in Singapore that people shld avoid buying electronics from.

Comment

there are many people who are too trusting on retailers. usually when i go for meals outside, i just look at the bottom figure, if the sum is somewhere close to the amount of food ordered, i just hand over payment.

about 1 month ago, i went to a chinese restaurant and i was charged extra on a bottle of beer after leaving the place where my wife looked @ the itemized bill. then over the weekend, went to another restaurant, i was charged an extra pint of beer. this time round, i spotted the error before making payment as there was happy hour price.

generally, i feel that if customer make a check, the staff just go back amend. if not, they take it as extra sales and pocket the money when it is time to tally the sales.

my advice is check before making payment on the itemized bill.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        there are many people who are too trusting on retailers. usually when i go for meals outside, i just look at the bottom figure, if the sum is somewhere close to the amount of food ordered, i just hand over payment.

about 1 month ago, i went to a chinese restaurant and i was charged extra on a bottle of beer after leaving the place where my wife looked @ the itemized bill. then over the weekend, went to another restaurant, i was charged an extra pint of beer. this time round, i spotted the error before making payment as there was happy hour price.

generally, i feel that if customer make a check, the staff just go back amend. if not, they take it as extra sales and pocket the money when it is time to tally the sales.

my advice is check before making payment on the itemized bill.

agree have to check. 10 may become 100 due to mistake of adding additional '0'.

issue with shops that I encountered in LP and SLS is they seldom give itemised bills.

Heard hat lots of shops in LP and SLS close down when too many issues, but reopen with a new name under same management.
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

End of the day; when you make payment, you should check. Regardless of whether it is $50, $500, or $5000+

Just to make sure no problems arises after paying and notice error. Once in the East Coast restrauants, I was charged an extra dish; although I had ordered it; the dish never arrived. I disputed the amount, and the cashier sent out the waiter to go and check my table. To make matters worse; the attitude given indicated that I was trying to pull a quickie on the restrauant.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Obviously that the buyer is not very knowlegeble in buying such items. Regardless of anything you buy, must double check.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

most of Sim Lim Game/Electronic shop are *Hei Dian*, all out to con people de, there is no such thing as upgrade PSP to make it run faster, all is nonsense.

Usually they will just set the PSP to the lowest setting, then automatically when you test it , it will appear slow as it is purposely set slow. Then when you say you wanna *Upgrade*, they simply take the PSP, pretend to go in somewhere to do their so-called upgrade, when in fact they just set it to the Highest Speed, so automatically when they came out and hand you the PSP it will run faster and hence they make the story that they add in some chips to modify it.

Which is why when I bought PSP, (I got 2), they told me they fix some chips inside to make it run faster, i told them that issit they fix Potato Chips?..LoLz

ALso please beware as apart from the latest PSP, commonly there are 2 Type of PSP now, if wanna buy, try to get the slimmer version one, as there is a Thick version whereby the behind is a Matt Finish. DO NOT BUY the Matt Finish one, as it is Re-Con / RE-FUrbish PSP, meaning it is QC Failed, then these SIM Lim Crook bought it, fixed here and there and sell it to people.

I know it because I got Conned before a year ago, so right now I do know all of their rubbish trick.hahah

And lastly, try not to buy from the shop on the Second FLoor , the one whereby its decoration look like Disco with the disco ball etc. Tat Shop is a famous con man shop, not just overcharge customer, but will also try to short-change you Adapter, battery etc

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X