No announcement yet.

Confession of a Rafflesian elite: We don't mixed with others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wah....darkie mai sabo me leh..me just a blue collar worker...earning meagre earnings....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think its all a matter of exposure and street-smartness. Not all Rafflesians get to mingle around and yet I know some who are very down-to-earth people.
      In essence, not all of them end up doing tremendously well, so they can't be all that elite, right? Conversely, the same applies to people from neighborhood schools too.
      One of my ex-girlfriends who dropped out of secondary school worked smart and hard in financial services and she now lives comfortably in a private apartment and zips around in a nice continental convertible.
      Despite gaining admission into local Uni and possessing two Master degrees, I only possess a HDB apartment and aging Japanese work-horse car.
      Maybe its because I made bad career choices and she is a bodacious babe while I'm not, but silly quips aside, my point is one doesn't have to be elitist to be happy and successful, even 'Blue-collar CEOs' who capitalize on opportunities and street-smarts can do well ; )
      Sweet 16:
      PP Aquanaut
      VC Overseas
      AP ROO Black Themes
      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
      Breguet Type XXI
      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
      JLC Navy Seals
      GO Senator 60s
      GP Laureato
      Zenith Pilot Extra Special
      Rolex DSSD
      IWC Big Pilot
      Pam 112
      Omega Ploprof
      Breitling Super Avenger
      Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
        I think its all a matter of exposure and street-smartness. Not all Rafflesians get to mingle around and yet I know some who are very down-to-earth people.
        In essence, not all of them end up doing tremendously well, so they can't be all that elite, right? Conversely, the same applies to people from neighborhood schools too.
        One of my ex-girlfriends who dropped out of secondary school worked smart and hard in financial services and she now lives comfortably in a private apartment and zips around in a nice continental convertible.
        Despite gaining admission into local Uni and possessing two Master degrees, I only possess a HDB apartment and aging Japanese work-horse car.
        Maybe its because I made bad career choices and she is a bodacious babe while I'm not, but silly quips aside, my point is one doesn't have to be elitist to be happy and successful, even 'Blue-collar CEOs' who capitalize on opportunities and street-smarts can do well ; )
        bro, if a few months ago you sell off all your watches, you could also be diving the continental convertible as well But now if you sell, you probably can buy a Cherry QQ since COE is close to 40k liaoz

fwah 2 masters!! if you go into govt sector high chance u also staying in private housing liaoz!.

Don pray pray, hunks also can go places ok! no need be bodacious
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          bro, if a few months ago you sell off all your watches, you could also be diving the continental convertible as well But now if you sell, you probably can buy a Cherry QQ since COE is close to 40k liaoz

fwah 2 masters!! if you go into govt sector high chance u also staying in private housing liaoz!.

Don pray pray, hunks also can go places ok! no need be bodacious
          Haha, thanks Bro Exxondus, don't think I'll thrive in the Govt Sector as I'm no scholar! And I'm more chunk than hunk these days lor!
          One of the reasons why I'd rather have 'nice enough' watches than cars is that we don't really own our cars in the long run in Singapore and the astronomically rising COE prices is testament to your Cherry QQ point.
          I'm content with my watches and fraternizing with nice bros like you and others on Sg-roc.
          I've contemplated embarking on a Doctorate but that's also too tedious and expensive these days : ( S$60k minimum for Aussie Uni Doctorate! Watches more worth it!
          That said, let me know if you need policy from babe insurance agent, haha!
          Last edited by toffeesthings; 08-04-10, 09:34 AM. Reason: typo
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

You could be driven in a convertible by a babe if she was not ex! Ha. That will beat slogging for masters.

Comment

Haha, thanks Bro Exxondus, don't think I'll thrive in the Govt Sector as I'm no scholar! And I'm more chunk than hunk these days lor!
              One of the reasons why I'd rather have 'nice enough' watches than cars is that we don't really own our cars in the long run in Singapore and the astronomically rising COE prices is testament to your Cherry QQ point.
              I'm content with my watches and fraternizing with nice bros like you and others on Sg-roc.
              I've contemplated embarking on a Doctorate but that's also too tedious and expensive these days : ( S$60k minimum for Aussie Uni Doctorate! Watches more worth it!
              That said, let me know if you need policy from babe insurance agent, haha!
              On a serious note, i am really looking for a new insurance policy haha...mainly from prudential lah their limited life plans. wanna complete paying for my policy before I turn 60 keke...got lobang ah? haha...
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                You could be driven in a convertible by a babe if she was not ex! Ha. That will beat slogging for masters.
                Haha, you got that right but my old Lancer is the answer to my transport needs and besides, weather these days is too warm to be driving topless! : )
                Last edited by toffeesthings; 08-04-10, 11:10 AM. Reason: Typo
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

On a serious note, i am really looking for a new insurance policy haha...mainly from prudential lah their limited life plans. wanna complete paying for my policy before I turn 60 keke...got lobang ah? haha...
                  Alamak Bro, she from AIA. But I'll ask if they have anything similar, no obligations anyway : )
                  Sweet 16:
                  PP Aquanaut
                  VC Overseas
                  AP ROO Black Themes
                  A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                  Breguet Type XXI
                  Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                  JLC Navy Seals
                  GO Senator 60s
                  GP Laureato
                  Rolex DSSD
                  IWC Big Pilot
                  Pam 112
                  Omega Ploprof
                  Breitling Super Avenger
                  Glycine F104

Comment

Alamak Bro, she from AIA. But I'll ask if they have anything similar, no obligations anyway : )
                    AIA bought over by prud liaoz ask her wanna convert anot keke..

not probs. I am al ears keke..

Comment

AIA bought over by prud liaoz ask her wanna convert anot keke..

not probs. I am al ears keke..
                      Oh yeah, that's right! They'll probably fine-tune their product portfolio. I'll ask her over the weekend and see how. She's very jovial, dedicated and responsible.
                      I'm thinking of transferring my AIA policies to her care also, upon my Home Affairs Minister approval, haha!
                      Sweet 16:
                      PP Aquanaut
                      VC Overseas
                      AP ROO Black Themes
                      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                      Breguet Type XXI
                      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                      JLC Navy Seals
                      GO Senator 60s
                      GP Laureato
                      Rolex DSSD
                      IWC Big Pilot
                      Pam 112
                      Omega Ploprof
                      Breitling Super Avenger
                      Glycine F104

Comment

Oh yeah, that's right! They'll probably fine-tune their product portfolio. I'll ask her over the weekend and see how. She's very jovial, dedicated and responsible.
                        I'm thinking of transferring my AIA policies to her care also, upon my Home Affairs Minister approval, haha!
                        a, if she is really a babe, then unlikely your H.A.M will approve.

Comment

a, if she is really a babe, then unlikely your H.A.M will approve.
                          Haha, you got a point. Actually, it'd be a challenge even bringing up the subject to H.A.M. Sigh, can't really have our cakes and eat them eh?
                          At least H.A.M pretty supportive of watch collecting these days...
                          Sweet 16:
                          PP Aquanaut
                          VC Overseas
                          AP ROO Black Themes
                          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                          Breguet Type XXI
                          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                          JLC Navy Seals
                          GO Senator 60s
                          GP Laureato
                          Rolex DSSD
                          IWC Big Pilot
                          Pam 112
                          Omega Ploprof
                          Breitling Super Avenger
                          Glycine F104

Comment

Haha, you got a point. Actually, it'd be a challenge even bringing up the subject to H.A.M. Sigh, can't really have our cakes and eat them eh?
                            At least H.A.M pretty supportive of watch collecting these days...
                            Cox usually watch collecting doesn't let u interact with alot of cute girls... unlike those cute OL insurance gers....
                            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                              Cox usually watch collecting doesn't let u interact with alot of cute girls... unlike those cute OL insurance gers....
                              no leh, i have yet to meet a cute (and open) OL insurance ger

mine all guy de keke..but maybe cos me stingy, don like to spend money on insurance keke..

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                                Haha, true, I can't think of any male-oriented pursuits or hobbies that allow us to mingle with cute girls that wives will approve.
                                Sweet 16:
                                PP Aquanaut
                                VC Overseas
                                AP ROO Black Themes
                                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                                Breguet Type XXI
                                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                                JLC Navy Seals
                                GO Senator 60s
                                GP Laureato
                                Rolex DSSD