Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Polish Machine

Hi all

Just purchased the OSIM U sonic which polishes watches and accessories using just tap water. No solutions required.

Retail at $118.

Bought it at $48. Currently this particular machine is on sale at OSIM in TAKA.

If interested, buddies can drop by there and check it out.

Cheers,
    Lorenzo

Thanks for sharing...

But I would advise you, against putting your watch head into any ultrasonic cleaner.

Anything will be fine, just NOT the movement.

Cheers!
    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

icic care to share why? i juz wash 5 of my rolexes in it haha.

Comment

Originally posted by lorenzo View Post
        icic care to share why? i juz wash 5 of my rolexes in it haha.
        Vibrations and movements, don't mix...more so ultrasonic vibrations.

I would ultrasonic the bracelet, and hand scrub the head with a toothbrush. A small home machine as above might be ok, but the industrial jewelry ultrasonic would probably toast your watch. Keep in mind, water resistance is rated with cold water. Some ultrasonics are heated, and the water/cleaner molecules are moving more quickly, and can penetrate the seals (think about how hot water will cut grease on dishes vs. cold water). Also, rubber seals/gaskets will start to crack after a few years, hence one of the main reasons that regular watch servicing is required/recommended. So, definitely don't do it on a older watch.

The amount of oil needed to correctly lubricate a watch you could fit on a few pin heads it's a very very tiny amount.The main reason ultrasonics are not used on a assembled movement,the ultrasonic machine could loosen something you don't want to come loose in fully assembled movement it's that simple.

Cheers!

Comment

icic thanks for heads up.
          will take note.

Cheers

Comment

i think more for cleaning than polishing.

Comment

You can do it if the seals are fresh. Don't do it if the seals are like 3 years old or more.

Comment

Originally posted by nottipiglet View Post
                You can do it if the seals are fresh. Don't do it if the seals are like 3 years old or more.
                Nothing to do with the seals...it's the vibrations.

Comment

Is the ultrasonic still for sale? At under 50 bucks I am willing to give it a try.

Comment

Whole Singapore Osim...out of stock...they might bring more in, since it sold pretty well.

Comment

I will check out soon and probably place a deposit for one.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X