No announcement yet.

AP Royal Oak 15300ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, is it better to get at the AD or the boutique in terms of discount? Pardon me for my ignorance....

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
      I did not even realised that GMTIIC has this problem...

Eh... just tried on my GMTIIC, no such problems leh...
      oh heh, cos i like to go forward pass the time that I want and then move backwards. notice that gg backwards, the min hand wont start a the place u want. When you relese the crown, it tends to move forward a bit..

and sometimes (not always) at this position when you push in the crown, the min hand will move a bit. i overcome this by playing with the crown a bit till it goes into 'free play' mode then push in then ok le.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        oh heh, cos i like to go forward pass the time that I want and then move backwards. notice that gg backwards, the min hand wont start a the place u want. When you relese the crown, it tends to move forward a bit..

and sometimes (not always) at this position when you push in the crown, the min hand will move a bit. i overcome this by playing with the crown a bit till it goes into 'free play' mode then push in then ok le.
        Think this is due to the position of the 'seconds' hand. Logically, the minute hand will not stay at minute marker if the second hand is at 30 minutes mark. Thats probably the reason...

Comment

By the way, is it better to get at the AD or the boutique in terms of discount? Pardon me for my ignorance....
          Always cheaper to get from ADs. Applies to most if not all other brands.

Cheers
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
            Always cheaper to get from ADs. Applies to most if not all other brands.

Cheers
            Thanks for the info...

Comment

i remember i see this pic somewhere from timezone...

Comment

Cannot see the pic leh...

Comment

Cannot see the pic leh...
                  here u go.

Comment

Originally posted by siambee View Post
                    here u go.
                    Tis pic is timely, was deciding to choose the black, white or ble dial... thanks buddy... appreciate it

Comment

I own the white face, it's very nice. Actually, I was like you, contemplating a black or white dial. I just do not know why I didn't consider blue in the 1st place, though there are others saying blue is "AP's colour".

In any case, I chose white was because I always felt white dial watches present it as a vintage model. I intend to pass it down as a heirloom, so I have the idea of keeping this watch when it becomes vintage. Moreover, I have too many black dial watches, such as Sub, SD and GMT. However, if you are someone whom like sporty watch, the black dial is more suitable. In fact, if you want to change 15300 into a "leather strap" model, the black dial matches very well with black strap. In fact, I always like the black strap with red stitches. However, AP 15300 is NOT able to be changed into leather strap as there is no SS lugs and SS AP buckle. I have seen someone from overseas was able to convert it, by plating the RG lugs and RG AP buckle into WG, so as to match the SS. I find that's a waste, but you never know. If I struck rich one day, I may do so!

In any case, see whether you have the opportunity to try out AP 15300 white and black dial, choose the one you like most. But I tell you, it's very hard to find 2 pieces in 1 shop. It's always either one. So grab it if you can find! 25% is not a bad deal, though I can't tell you what's my discounts!

Comment

AP Bands Conversion Kit For 15300

for those interested to know more about the SS lug.. happen to read it somewhere.

http://www.apbands.com/shop/merchant...roduct_Count=1

Comment

Thanks for the AP bands, but it's a aftermarket ones, not from AP. I was told if my AP watch is fixed with non-AP lugs, if it's damaged, they won't acknowledge the servicing even it's within the warranty. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Ap

Nice watch. Which ad offering 25%?

Comment

Ap

Hope i can own one 1 day

Comment

Originally posted by siambee View Post
                                for those interested to know more about the SS lug.. happen to read it somewhere.

http://www.apbands.com/shop/merchant...roduct_Count=1

It's not exactly 25%, but a 20% plus 5%. meanng they will take 20% off list price, then deduct another 5% off again. So it's not exactly 25%...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X