No more long haul buses soon.. aka no direct bus to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more long haul buses soon.. aka no direct bus to work

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

so their method is to force people to crow at SMRTs, as well as pay more as we lan lan have to take bus cum mrt cum bus cum mrt everytime we wanna get around?

WTF logic is this? So now assuming I have direct bus which I can sleep and take to work in the morning, now i have to take feeder bus (where frequency is damn F-ed up most of the time and uber crowded), and change to MRT and then from MRT come out wait for another bus?

Can she guarantee that the waiting time for bus and then at the MRT then at another bus will not be longer or the same as waiting for the direct bus?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

In another words, you have to pay more...

When you drive, they come out with the idea of ERP so that can collect more...

You take public transport they cannot impose this.. so now, they think of an idea to make you change bus if you need to cross the country... thus, paying more as well...

Comment

just find that its not very justifiable loh.

not only pay more, to me, I feel that just cos they cant solve the issue, they decided to remove it altogether.

can they guarantee if I wait 15 min for a so called long range bus, if I take bus-take train-take bus, my waiting time is not gg to be 15 mins or even more?

well, since its distributed waiting time, people prob wont feel that sianz as compared to 15 mins. but it doesnt change the fact that waiting time is still long wat. so are we playing psychological games here as well as having to pay more?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Because KPI is based on accuracy of bus-arrival time
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
            Because KPI is based on accuracy of bus-arrival time
            and cos the current operation they cant meet that KPI, they decided to do away with it altogether regardless of how the public feels?

but then again, I may be the only one against such a move. But since when we citizens have a say abt such stuff in the first place?

Comment

KPI = Performance n promotion.

If i make 5k a day and drives a luxury car. Its very hard to feel the impact
              of transport cost and the hassle of transferring 4 times a day.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                KPI = Performance n promotion.

If i make 5k a day and drives a luxury car. Its very hard to feel the impact
                of transport cost and the hassle of transferring 4 times a day.
                If i earn 5k a day like u, even if i dont drive and book a merc cab to follow me around also worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by iMac08 View Post
                  If i earn 5k a day like u, even if i dont drive and book a merc cab to follow me around also worth it.
                  aiya i don't make 5k a day. I said IF. I wish without the IF also.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

one thing i dont understand, all these bus company are consider 'private' .. they list everything...

so why is the gov deciding if these 'private' company matters, if they are not profitable they opt out, it's their biz to provide service mah. always tok cok sg no service, wht abt bus ervice to public ?

Comment

Shouldn't Public Transportation be a public good that is good for the public?
                      Sweet 16:
                      PP Aquanaut
                      VC Overseas
                      AP ROO Black Themes
                      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                      Breguet Type XXI
                      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                      JLC Navy Seals
                      GO Senator 60s
                      GP Laureato
                      Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                      Rolex DSSD
                      IWC Big Pilot
                      Pam 112
                      Omega Ploprof
                      Breitling Super Avenger
                      Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                        one thing i dont understand, all these bus company are consider 'private' .. they list everything...

so why is the gov deciding if these 'private' company matters, if they are not profitable they opt out, it's their biz to provide service mah. always tok cok sg no service, wht abt bus ervice to public ?
                        cos no matter how private they are. they are linked with the government, with temasek holdings and witht the LEE family. =)

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                          Shouldn't Public Transportation be a public good that is good for the public?
                          sadly, in Singapore, doesnt seem to tally with what I learnt in economics about public goods

Comment

Lol.. it dosen't take a genius to see how many listed local companies are 'owned' by familee and relatives..... imagine if someone actually count the entire asset valuation of the whole 'familee tree'.... i wonder wat amount would tat be... tink can buy over a small country liaos
                            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                              Lol.. it dosen't take a genius to see how many listed local companies are 'owned' by familee and relatives..... imagine if someone actually count the entire asset valuation of the whole 'familee tree'.... i wonder wat amount would tat be... tink can buy over a small country liaos
                              shhhh not so loud......don forget our world ranking in terms of freedom of speech.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X