No announcement yet.

Bras Basah flat sets HDB price record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the place is ideally located. Remember buying property is always location, location, location. There are amenities all around, easily assessible to all parts of Singapore, near to work area and at the 25th floor, it commands a pretty good view.

If the young couple (assuming 30 years olds) both has a combine income of $10,000/mth or $120,000 per year and they contribute 20% of their income to the flat, with a 20% down, they only need about 20 years to finish the loan.

Comment

dun tink can loan up to 20yrs for a 30yrs flat....
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Geee... I think my uncle gonna bang his balls when he sold his unit at 15th floor back in 1996 for SGD$355,000.
        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

no need to bang balls... because we do not have crystal ball. if i did have the crystal ball, id be one very rich guy.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

within ERP, there are not many places where there are HDB, one is @ bras basah, nearby bras basah is waterloo st, another is tanjong pagar, another is chinatown area. these area are pretty 'old' already, the lease may end in about another 30 odd years. currently, no one knows what happens when 99 year lease is up cause no properties in sg has reach 99 years yet. *IIRC*

en-bloc? i dont think it is likely, i used to stay in a HDB where currently central is. since it is HDB, the government will 're-locate' you. they re-located my aunt to Kim Tian and they got the flat @ really low price. they stay in the same block where the top floor of Kim Tian fetched about 900k. i must admit, the view is decent. government will then lease out the land again or call for tender to developed the area, residents may not reap those high returns like those in private condo.

my primary school mate is still staying in bras basah HDB. maybe i should ask him if he wants to sell.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Good luck to this taiwanese couple if they presume they could achieve any forms of windfall or rental yield in their returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                Good luck to this taiwanese couple if they presume they could achieve any forms of windfall or rental yield in their returns.
                they are probably too rich lah. buy to stay de
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

ya lor...buy to stay de..not for flipping...hehehehehe...alot of FT are real well-off de...saw a few of FT sporting daytonas and subs last nite at ECP...
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    ya lor...buy to stay de..not for flipping...hehehehehe...alot of FT are real well-off de...saw a few of FT sporting daytonas and subs last nite at ECP...
                    I have several PRs frens running their own businesses but not living here, buy not to stay de.....Private property presently too ex for them to invest presently. So have to down tune to invest in Public Housing.

Comment

Think very difficult to make money from HDB since you had paid for the reno and COV... But private also not easy... Timing is critical.

Got one private unit in 1997 before the Asian Financial Crisis, till today, considering the interest that had been paid, reno, furnitures.... still losing money when the mkt is so hot now. Thankfully the unit was rented out about 5 to 6 years ago.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X