Taxi drivers income goes up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi drivers income goes up

Wah... earn $188 a day on average... estimate work 25 days a month = $4700.

I wan to go be taxi uncle liaos...

SINGAPORE : Taxi drivers are riding on the economic upturn and the steady stream of passengers generated by the integrated resort (IR).

Comfort Delgro, one of Singapore’s biggest taxi companies, has seen a 20 per cent increase in calls for taxis compared with two months ago.

Taxi drivers are also earning more — by an average six per cent, compared with last year. They now earn an average of $188 a day.

Previously, their main source of income around the midnight period came from passengers from Changi Airport.

Many visitors to Resort World Sentosa did not seem to mind paying the $3 surcharge.

There is also Universal Studios Singapore, which continues to attract visitors.

Drivers are anticipating even better business come April, when Marina Bay Sands opens
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

wah shiok 4.7k per month much higher than my pay sia
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Most Taxi Driver in S'pore don't drive the whole day due to the long hours. Singapore news mostly reflect only 1 side of story.

Comment

oh ya, quite true. just like average wages also way higher than what the majority gets due to a few individuals getting high salary
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

talk to any taxi drivers, they will scold the writer and those provide the info upside down.

some time ago, they interviewed a graduate taxi-driver making $5k/mth, all taxi drivers agree 5K is possible if you work 16 hours minimum for a short period.

they can make $5k, but later their medical and health will pay a hefty price.

i know, because my brother is a taxi driver.

Comment

Actually not ez being a taxi driver... cox its really tiring end of the day... but then again, some of them drive like they own the road... so....
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

driving is easy $$$ lar...seen many taxi drivers wearing rolexes and such....
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

They earn $188 a day? Does this $188 represent revenue or profit?
                If we deduct the daily rental of about $90, that's about half the 'earnings' gone.
                Well if they're making about $4-5k a month, that's much better quite a number of us. Well, more than most teachers anyway!
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

hahahaha....taxi drivers are high flyers de...no wonder so many grads are becoming 1....i tink i better go and try to get a taxi license soon...can buy more rollies.....
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think it is all bull crap.

I agree. with this
                    talk to any taxi drivers, they will scold the writer and those provide the info upside down.
                    Taxi rental is how much? We are talking about Corolla. IF sonata, up and up. If merc cab, you don't know contact from the hotels, entertainment circle, in the cartel, and etc you are gone. Because the rental is a killer. How about maintenace ? How about diesel ?

The survey is bull crap.

Give you a drumstick, take back a whole chicken...sound familar!
                    I own a Rolex !

Comment

is BS. my family has ppl driving cab and i know it is not true..they use a few positive cases and then try to tell ppl that it is not true can driver interest not look after. of course there are ppl earning more maybe but i doubt is majority..

it doesn't take anyone with common sense to see that only certain hours are hard to get a cab...and their rental etc has gone up..must remember they have no CPF/Bonus/Pay Raise/Benefits..

yes some of them drive like crap but i do feel for this grp of ppl..most abandon grp of ppl in SGP

Comment

If you work hard, everything is possible...........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X