Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if ...

This happened to you.

05/03/2010 – Monitor USB Hub experiencing issues. Report was made via email to Dell on the website.

16/03/2010 – Contact made to client (me) discussing replacement, etc. Iva (from the Philippines) makes contact to discuss the issue on hand.

17/03/2010 – Replacement monitor arrives. 2209WA, dec 09 build. Packing OK, unit looks ‘new’, everything is good until I unpack the monitor and to my surprise it has two puncture marks, and beautiful scratch on the top.
    Immediately I take photos, and contact customer support. Another unit to be sent to my place.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCF0849.jpg
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCF0844.jpg
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCF0840.jpg

Excuse the lousy camera shots.

Time spent on phone: 45mins.

18/03/2010 – DHL arrives at 0830hr with a P2210. I immediately reject the item, but was advised by the driver to accept it and give the maximum hell to Dell. Item is signed for and another phone call to Dell happens. The blame game has started with the customer centre in the Philippines quick to say that it was a dispatch error, when the delivery note said P2210. How true is not our problem. As Dell should handle it regardless.

Time spent on phone: 60mins, 8 customer representatives, and one call back.

Iva (the original person who handles my case) says to send out another unit as original. A lot of time is being wasted by Dell and myself over this issue.

Another call from Singapore requesting confirmation for delivery details; but I wasn’t around to take the call since they dialed the home number and not the mobile.

This is the third replacement, so fingers crossed that its good with no yellow tint/dead pixels/etc.

What would you guys do if you were in my case?
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    This happened to you.

05/03/2010 – Monitor USB Hub experiencing issues. Report was made via email to Dell on the website.

16/03/2010 – Contact made to client (me) discussing replacement, etc. Iva (from the Philippines) makes contact to discuss the issue on hand.

17/03/2010 – Replacement monitor arrives. 2209WA, dec 09 build. Packing OK, unit looks ‘new’, everything is good until I unpack the monitor and to my surprise it has two puncture marks, and beautiful scratch on the top.
    Immediately I take photos, and contact customer support. Another unit to be sent to my place.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCF0849.jpg
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCF0844.jpg
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...l/DSCF0840.jpg

Excuse the lousy camera shots.

Time spent on phone: 45mins.

18/03/2010 – DHL arrives at 0830hr with a P2210. I immediately reject the item, but was advised by the driver to accept it and give the maximum hell to Dell. Item is signed for and another phone call to Dell happens. The blame game has started with the customer centre in the Philippines quick to say that it was a dispatch error, when the delivery note said P2210. How true is not our problem. As Dell should handle it regardless.

Time spent on phone: 60mins, 8 customer representatives, and one call back.

Iva (the original person who handles my case) says to send out another unit as original. A lot of time is being wasted by Dell and myself over this issue.

Another call from Singapore requesting confirmation for delivery details; but I wasn’t around to take the call since they dialed the home number and not the mobile.

This is the third replacement, so fingers crossed that its good with no yellow tint/dead pixels/etc.

What would you guys do if you were in my case?

I am a current Del XPSM1330 user.

Ther service sucks big time. Within 3 years, it has spoilt 4-5 times. Each time I had to take leave cos their technicians do not work on weekends.

The final time the motherboard died again, they replaced it. But, after the replacement, the speakers were dead. I just gave up and decided to live without sound and once it kapu this time, i will go buy another brand. My ex fujitsu lasted 6 over years and stil works. Cant imagine how Dell is providing such lousy stuff and replacements.

NEVER NEVER NEVER gg to buy form DELL ever again.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

their computer sucks thats given; but their monitors range quite competitive. where can i buy an 24" IPS panel for under A$1,000 summore got 3 yr warranty.
      Blue 6694
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Cheap comes with a price then

the golden pyrimad of business

cheap good and fast can only choose 2
        If you want cheap and good, don expect fast
        If you want cheap and fast, don expect good
        If you want fast and good, don expect cheap

I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i have long ago given up on dell products.

currently, i stick with HP for PC, for monitor, i use samsung. use 5 years. no problem.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

for the normal LCD, alot of manufacturers, but when it comes to 'high grade' lcd, the choices are limited. and even then, the price jump is huge.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

No exp using Dell Computers since i always DIY... But currently using the Dell 2707 monitor... still serving me fine..
              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

2707 using VA panel? 0.27 pitch if i not wrong. the new u2710 quite a nice screen, but i scared not enough room to put it in my room to go along with my 27" imac
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

another update.... the new panel sucks. got slight color bias; green for some reason. also abit of backlight bleed. i think im gonna give up and just live with a semi-screwed USB. maybe wait abit... until things are better.

all bad things happen around the same time. this week my house kenna flooded .
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X