Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any best time of the year to buy watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any best time of the year to buy watches?

which time of the year is the best time to buy watches?

like for clothes and general stuff, can wait till great singapore sale.

for watches how? or watches can actually buy anytime of the year coz prices are almost the same.

thanks in advance!

No time is good time. Typically, you can consider when there are sales like GSS which you can make use of certain credit cards. However, it also depends on discounts from your regular AD. It's really hard to judge the right time to buy watches from AD unless it's over a long period. But not forgetting, if you drag too long, sometimes, the prices may rise without you realising it. Thus my opinion is snap the watch if you deem it's right price. No point waiting if the stock is snapped up or the prices is increased later. And sometimes, even if you have the money to spare, there is no stock as certain models have long list of waiting time, such as SS Daytona or certain models are sold at list. Then no point waiting unless you can squeeze some discounts from AD. Hope that helps.

Comment

Best time is when your wallet is fat

But seriously, if you intend to buy a new piece, then I would say get it as soon as you can. If you wanna use credit card, note that most AD pass on the 2% or 3% surcharge to the consumers. They may not tell you but very often give a better price if you pay cash.

If you are looking for pre-owned then you should do some homework by checking the "market price". Trading forum like this and pre-owned dealers are good ref. Note that some watchs are rarer in the resales market than the others, hence for the latter you could affort to wait till you find one with the "right" (read: acceptable) price and "right" condition.

Speaking from my own experience, own it helps
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I don't think there's a good time to buy. Even "sales" period, shops usually push models that are not popular while high demand ones such as Rolex, IWC, Panerai, etc will not be discounted. Best is to buy from a AD you know or AD of a friend's who will give you discount.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          But seriously, if you intend to buy a new piece, then I would say get it as soon as you can.
          Just to add on...

There are some rare exceptions though, like the Rolex GMT IIc that was marked up very high during launch due to demand but the price eventually went down (there again it's hard to foresee the trend, the Daytona only goes up).
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Best time is Wed/Sat/Sun night when all the 4 numbers appear at the right position and at the top of the table

okok, any time is good time if you have spare $. Popular luxury watches price keep going up and always low supply.

So don't wait, buy buy buy. :P

Comment

best time?

before the next price increase?

i usually avoid dec, jan, feb when the AD knows that most people have bonus and will be looking for watches.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Just to add on... it's always a very high price to pay whenever a new watch is newly launched. If you can afford to wait, wait till the price comes down. But when the price can be lowered, it all depends, sometimes, it may and sometimes it doesn't. When 16610LV was launched in 2003, the premium price was held for a few years, till 2008 if I am not wrong, then it's selling at list. By then the retailed price would also have increased a few times, but I think the wait is still worth it as the premiums could be really substantiate. Lastly, for models like Daytona Stainless Steel, it's always selling at premium even till now. But the premium seems come down quite a lot, but it's still higher than list. In fact, this model is always the hard-to-sought model. Till now, there is still list of waiting list. Therefore, if you really like a particular model, grab it if the price is good.

Comment

Anytime is Best time!!!

Comment

(Targeted watch available) + (Price i think acceptable) + (I can afford) = Best time to buy watch
                    My Small Collection :
                    GMT II 16710 Coke U series
                    JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
                    Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
                    Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
                    Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
                    PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
                    BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

As long as got $, then it is the best time....
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

Retail sales period, best time to buy is dull period, e.g chinese lunar 7th month when sales is down, ADs r more desperate 4 sales.. Thats when they try to meet your desired price in mind..

BUT if u go during hot season when ppl r buying this n that e.g Xmas , then thats should be the worst time to bargain for more Discount..

Comment

How abt during month end where they haven hit their target for the month? But honestly i still believe n agree with wat bro newbie09 have say, the best time is time where u got $$$.

Comment

I think it's nothing to do with month end meeting targets etc. I heard that the discounts are very tightly controlled. Moreover, there could be possibilities of no stock, so if there is no stock, they also cannot earn any commissions, then how to meet target? What I know of is, if there is a model that you are keen and is super high demand, such as SS Daytona, SS GMT or SS Sub, better grab it while it's available. Despite the stocks are not discontinued, the new stocks may take weeks or months to arrive. Yes, I do agree if pocket has money, time is not an essense.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X