Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its My Reputation (Pre Owned Watch Shop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it might be true that most pre-owned shop bosses are well-to-do individuals, but how long can they sustain with their piss-poor 'take-it-or-leave-it' attitudes that are compounded further by their high prices?

If you're a grumpy unker but your prices are very reasonable, I think we can tolerate, but if you want to be cantankerous and charge the sky, then maybe that's why the shop premises is in Lucky Plaza, you'll need a lot of luck!

Anyways, it's all a matter of customer-orientation and building relationships. I'm sure the owners of Collector's Haven, Visiotime and JW are doing really well but they still maintain a friendly and pleasant demeanor; and practice appropriate social graces when dealing with customers.
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

I personally have no issue with any of those 2nd hand dealers at LP... most of them are friendly as long as you show sincerity in buying a watch. If they give you a sky high price, just offer them your low ball price... if price can meet at one point, then buy loh, if can't meet say thank you and go loh...

As for repairing or servicing, I always send to authorize one.... if you spent thousands of dollar for a watch... why save $$$ on servicing or repairing? just my 2 cents....

Comment

"but if you want to be cantankerous and charge the sky, then maybe that's why the shop premises is in Lucky Plaza, you'll need a lot of luck! "

Haha damn funny bro!
        There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          I personally have no issue with any of those 2nd hand dealers at LP... most of them are friendly as long as you show sincerity in buying a watch. If they give you a sky high price, just offer them your low ball price... if price can meet at one point, then buy loh, if can't meet say thank you and go loh...

As for repairing or servicing, I always send to authorize one.... if you spent thousands of dollar for a watch... why save $$$ on servicing or repairing? just my 2 cents....
          bro, of cos lah if shown sincerity of cos sibei friendly lah...You try the "crappy restoration centre" with counter offer lets not even tok abt lowballing... you probably be

Imo if you are very close with the shop owner than let him know your budget or so call "lowball" offer. Otherwise better to keep your lowball offer to yourself to avoid awkward situation. Like what bro Dennis say, just thank you the shop owner and walk.

Comment

On the other hand, if you know about prices of watches... sometimes you can get good deal from LP... really... but you must show sincerity..... it is a different ball game there... don't expect excellent service as a walk in...

Originally posted by louie View Post
            bro, of cos lah if shown sincerity of cos sibei friendly lah...You try the "crappy restoration centre" with counter offer lets not even tok abt lowballing... you probably be

Imo if you are very close with the shop owner than let him know your budget or so call "lowball" offer. Otherwise better to keep your lowball offer to yourself to avoid awkward situation. Like what bro Dennis say, just thank you the shop owner and walk.

Comment

Yes Bro Ryuden, u r right! The other shop is Horological restoration center. I dun think i go there again. The guys there 1 kind attitude n sarcastic manner. Their repair shop at the back maybe is for washing black $$$. Only 4 show, unlike pro like Top Hour, Jwwatch n Visiotime. HRC has lowballer service. 1st time i went in without my watch, the guy like see me transparent. Few days later, I purposely went into the shop again with my 233. 233 is not a very ex watch actually..If i have a PP, i will go in with that!

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                Ha, what kind of "Horological Restoration Center" are they when they can't restore a simple problem?
                They should rename as Horological Lowballer Crap Center. Damn lao lan n guai lan attitude.. Simple repairs like u guys say oso bochap even to see n offer help. I really impress with this level of service rendered by them. No wonder SG are backwards in service now bcos of ppl like them. Hobby link n Time Focus at Far East Plaza, their boss quite polite n friendly oso.

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                  is it tat 1 at the corner who sell preowned Pams (next to e side entrance?).....
                  "sunny"time?
                  Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                  Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                  GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                  GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                  DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                  DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                  , 18238 malachite
                  DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                  AP 15300 Black
                  Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                  GP 18k RG
                  IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                  Chronoswiss Skeleton
                  Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    bro daveevan, to what i was told and remembered Mr Lim has worked for Rolex for over 20 yrs....If you go to the shop you see some Rolex awards given to him for his service or stay with Rolex. As far as i know Mr Lim is a very honest watchmaker..i don't believe he lied or his family lied abt his stay with Rolex. I spoken to many watchmakers before,and most of them know Mr Lim and known him as a very experienced ex-Rolex technician. Speaking of this i remember, there's this newspaper cut out in black and white at his shop showing Mr Lim at work in Rolex..i believe many bros here know Mr Lim as well.
                    the q in his shop waitng to be attended to by him is always longer than q in 4Ds shop.
                    , 18238 malachite
                    AP 15300 Black
                    GP 18k RG
                    IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                    Chronoswiss Skeleton
                    Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                      with you Bro Ghost.

Anyway the shop that I have had the bad experience with was Brightime , the one at the corner of Lucky Plaza first floor just opposite Tangs entrance.

The shop sell couple of brands and Panerai one of them. Surprisingly there's another Brightime over at Bugis Bencoolen Street there. Not sure if both under same owner/management?

FYI, I went to the one at Bencoolen too, apparently, the aunty there said that she can fix the date wheel problem and I was quoted $180 for repairs.

IF both are of the same owner/management, how come one does quick repair jobs and the other dont?

Cheers.
                      i was quoted >S$1.5k to overhaul 1 of my vintage and EDD 1 month. Coincidentally, RSC also quoted me same price, albeit new dial and crystal.
                      , 18238 malachite
                      AP 15300 Black
                      GP 18k RG
                      IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                      Chronoswiss Skeleton
                      Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Whoa...!!!!

Originally posted by minimerc View Post
                        i was quoted >S$1.5k to overhaul 1 of my vintage and EDD 1 month. Coincidentally, RSC also quoted me same price, albeit new dial and crystal.

You mean Brightime quoted you $1.5 as what RSC quoted? Ridiculous! If thats the case, might as well go back to RSC!

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                        That's how winning is done.'

Comment

bro,

typical of that unker!

Comment

I been to bright time subsidiary in bencoolen (call champion time). Never repair watch there but bought rolex link at $70 bucks early this year. Maybe used link but better than $150 that RSC charge. The bencoolen shop run by a lady. See alot of people buy and sell watch there. But it funny that people would be bought into that PAM has fake part when most of PAM old model uses ETA movement( especially 7750). I know Chinese produce ETA clones but make no sense for watch repairer to use it as ETA movement is way much less than 1k( remember read it somewhere) and ready available. I can only say those who know and buy watch for brand sake, would be short change by other.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minimerc View Post
                              Hey dude, hope you dun feel offended here, but very hard to believe RSC quote near $2k( I assume that since you only state more than $1.5k). That seem strange consider that RSC already charge $0.75k for normal servicing and yours a vintage so may need to bring in parts. Only possible reason to quote so little because they need to peg to old watch prices. Maybe you can enlighten me though I know some people send in old rolex boy ( manual date air king approximate 20 years) for servicing at around $1k plus. Cheers.
                              sigpic

Comment

offended? why shd i? relak.

sunny times uncle actually told me that RSC would charge ard 3k for the same package he could offered at 1.5k (but take ard 3 weeks to 1 month). then i went to rsc to enquire quotation for same package: quotation by RSC for overhual including changing of of "dial with scratches" was at ard 1.5+. if keep old dial, then ard S$1.1+ to S$1.2k.

anyway, sent my fat woman to top hour, cost ard 25% of what RSC quoted, but took ard 3 weeks.
                                Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                                Hey dude, hope you dun feel offended here, but very hard to believe RSC quote near $2k( I assume that since you only state more than $1.5k). That seem strange consider that RSC already charge $0.75k for normal servicing and yours a vintage so may need to bring in parts. Only possible reason to quote so little because they need to peg to old watch prices. Maybe you can enlighten me though I know some people send in old rolex boy ( manual date air king approximate 20 years) for servicing at around $1k plus. Cheers.
                                , 18238 malachite
                                AP 15300 Black
                                GP 18k RG
                                IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                                Chronoswiss Skeleton
                                Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...