Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its My Reputation (Pre Owned Watch Shop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Have Any Strap/s To T Loan Me...?

LOL! I am revamping my straps collection. But so far nothing in the arsenal suits the 87 as far as my eyes are concern. Looking for a Simona Blue Vintage strap.

So you have any strap/s to T Loan me Bro Louie? Will bring to Bali next week, take nice nice pics and post here, courtesy of you. :-)

Anyway, yup I did somehow have a fishy feeling about that REPUTABLE UNKER as I dont think he knows what he is doing. Not all watch manufacturer manufacture their watches the same way. Just because the 87 has a 1000m water rating, the hands should not and could not be oxidized? And just because there is a process of oxidization meaning theres a leak in the casing?

Everytime I recalled this event,or look at the blue face of my watch, it put a smile on my face. Theres always a first time for everything. LOL.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Hi TS, mind to share the "reputable" pre-owned is located on 1st sty ( very near to link way to Tangs ) or Basement 1. Will try to aviod it as one of my watch is due for servicing.

Have also heard from my friend that the uncle from "Txx Hxxx" is not a former rolex staff, true??? Pls enlighten

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
        Hi TS, mind to share the "reputable" pre-owned is located on 1st sty ( very near to link way to Tangs ) or Basement 1. Will try to aviod it as one of my watch is due for servicing.

Have also heard from my friend that the uncle from "Txx Hxxx" is not a former rolex staff, true??? Pls enlighten
        Bro, you got it right. Yes the location you mentioned is spot on(the one near the link way to Tangs,not the Basement 1).

Regarding the UNKER from Txx Hxxx, that I cant confirm with you but what I can tell you is exactly what you heard. Maybe some other bros could chip on this.

For servicing of your watch/es , you can browse around this forum, quite a few of the bros here have good recommendation of the REAL REPUTABLE shops to do servicing. If you need any inquiries, can just pm me accordingly.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post

bro daveevan, to what i was told and remembered Mr Lim has worked for Rolex for over 20 yrs....If you go to the shop you see some Rolex awards given to him for his service or stay with Rolex. As far as i know Mr Lim is a very honest watchmaker..i don't believe he lied or his family lied abt his stay with Rolex. I spoken to many watchmakers before,and most of them know Mr Lim and known him as a very experienced ex-Rolex technician. Speaking of this i remember, there's this newspaper cut out in black and white at his shop showing Mr Lim at work in Rolex..i believe many bros here know Mr Lim as well.

Comment

I think I know which shop now. Went in recently to ask the Ball watch.

Don't look like do any service. Yes most of the time empty. Unlike Txx Hxx, always crowded.

So far I find pre owned prices in Lucky Plaza not that cheap.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              As far as i know Mr Lim is a very honest watchmaker, known him as a very experienced ex-Rolex technician, i believe many bros here know Mr Lim as well.
              i second that.

Comment

I too believe Mr Lim. He is very honest as far as i know.
                Current:
                No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                  Bro, you got it right. Yes the location you mentioned is spot on(the one near the link way to Tangs,not the Basement 1).

Regarding the UNKER from Txx Hxxx, that I cant confirm with you but what I can tell you is exactly what you heard. Maybe some other bros could chip on this.

For servicing of your watch/es , you can browse around this forum, quite a few of the bros here have good recommendation of the REAL REPUTABLE shops to do servicing. If you need any inquiries, can just pm me accordingly.

Cheers.
                  Originally posted by louie View Post
                  bro daveevan, to what i was told and remembered Mr Lim has worked for Rolex for over 20 yrs....If you go to the shop you see some Rolex awards given to him for his service or stay with Rolex. As far as i know Mr Lim is a very honest watchmaker..i don't believe he lied or his family lied abt his stay with Rolex. I spoken to many watchmakers before,and most of them know Mr Lim and known him as a very experienced ex-Rolex technician. Speaking of this i remember, there's this newspaper cut out in black and white at his shop showing Mr Lim at work in Rolex..i believe many bros here know Mr Lim as well.
                  thanks bros for the clarification, will pay a visit to Top Hour soon, thanks again

Comment

Top Hour

I've been sending in my watch for servicing at Top hour for the pass 10 years or so , uncle lim is a honest watchmaker IMHO .
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                    Cartier Santos 100XL
                    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Prices...?

Can any bros share roughly how much is servicing and the turn around time if do with Txx Hxxx?

Agreed with you Bro Watcha. Generally , prices from most pre owned shops in Lucky Plaza are quite ex.

Cheers.

Comment

Actually, maybe we shouldnt pussyfoot around and just name and shame these buggers who dont know how to treat their fellow human beings with respect. After all, isnt this what a forum is for?

That way, newbies will know to avoid certain shops and watchsmiths like the plague. Soon enough, these wankers will have to spruce up their acts when they realize the word is out!
                        There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Agreed...

but is that allowed here? Mentioning bad service shops like this...?

Cheers.

Comment

I know what u mean. That's why we singaporeans are so complacent and scared all the time. I'm no different i'm afraid. We wont intervene when we see a fight and we're scared to take a stand etc...

Except the buggers in clinics who are always complaining with impunity! Can't even wait for elective operations! So smart go Mt E lah! But i digress....

If the board wants us to stay Singaporean about this, why not we rank these buggers so we can infer and read between the lines?

Last placed bugger is an A-hole etc...
                            There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Couldnt Agree More...

with you Bro Ghost.

Anyway the shop that I have had the bad experience with was Brightime , the one at the corner of Lucky Plaza first floor just opposite Tangs entrance.

The shop sell couple of brands and Panerai one of them. Surprisingly there's another Brightime over at Bugis Bencoolen Street there. Not sure if both under same owner/management?

FYI, I went to the one at Bencoolen too, apparently, the aunty there said that she can fix the date wheel problem and I was quoted $180 for repairs.

IF both are of the same owner/management, how come one does quick repair jobs and the other dont?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                                Yup Yup. Thats the shop!

The shop is always empty. No customers(Local that is). A few tourist and foreigners come and go.

Eventually I went to another shop at Great Eastern Building to do my servicing there. Skeptical? Yes as this is the first time through out my own personal experience owing few watches that I did my servicing not with an authorized SC.

Good feedback from me personally. Turn around time was quite fast as they have less servicing jobs in hand(when I send it in) and price wise :

Full Servicing = $305
                                Parts = $100
                                Total Paid = $305 + $100 + 7% (GST) = $433.35

And my 87 is back all healthy and running perfectly as it should be.

I cant stop wondering. What will the outcome be if I were to send in my 87 to the REPUTABLE UNKER...?

Cheers
                                I repaired my 6609 there, everything turned out good as new.
                                I would recommend JW watch.

Holding
                                Azimuth - Jadgbomber
                                Hermes - Clipper
                                Orient - Diver 200m
                                Perrelet* - Dual Time
                                Pierre Balmain* - Gold Plaque 10 Microns Quartz
                                Raymond Weil* - Don Giovanni Chronograph
                                Rolex - 1603 HG (Yr 1943)
                                Rolex* - 1603 HG - Golden Computer Dial (Yr 1967)
                                Rolex* - 16018 Yellow Gold
                                Sarcar* - Mistral Rose Gold
                                Seiko* - Atlas 200m
                                Seiko - Diver 200m
                                Tissot* - Heritage 150 Anniversary
                                Titoni* - Airmaster
                                * = Sale
                                Wife: even my bags don't cost as much!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile