Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes in housing policy by Marlboro....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in housing policy by Marlboro....

KNN.... nw marry PR also kena penalised?

SINGAPORE: National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan announced in Parliament on Friday changes in housing policy to promote citizenship in HDB households and encourage social integration.

To promote citizenship and reinforce the privilege that comes with it, households comprising one Singapore Citizen and one Permanent Resident (PR) will have their CPF Housing Grant reduced by S$10,000 when buying a resale flat. This will also apply to Design, Build and Sell Scheme flats and Executive Condominiums.

Should such households opt for a new flat, they will have to pay a 10,000-dollar premium on top of HDB's selling price.

Previously, PRs married to Singapore Citizens enjoyed the same subsidies as Singaporean couples. However, HDB will restore the S$10,000 should the PR family member take up citizenship, or if the couple has a child who is Singaporean.

Furthermore, in Parliament on Friday, Members of Parliament (MPs) aired concerns over PR enclaves.

Christopher de Souza, MP, Holland-Bukit Timah GRC said: "It is natural that people feel comfortable with their own kind, from similar backgrounds and culture. However, this could lead to a situation where integration within the Singaporean community is delayed or hampered."

In response, Mr Mah said on top of fulfilling ethnic quotas under the Ethnic Integration Policy, non-Malaysian PRs will be subject to an additional quota, at 8 per cent at the block level, and 5 per cent at the neighbourhood level. HDB said Malaysian PRs are excluded because of close historical and cultural links.

Mr Mah said: "PR enclaves are not a problem today, but as always, we try to look ahead. And if we see the trend, we should put precautionary measures in place early. Otherwise, it may be too late when the problem is already there, and you have to unravel the problem later.

"It is important that PRs integrate well in our local communities as they are long-term residents of Singapore."

The Ethnic Integration Policy will also be revised for Indians and other ethnic races living in HDB estates. At the neighbourhood level, their quota will go up from 10 per cent to 12 per cent. At the block level, it will be 15 per cent from the current 13 per cent.

There will be no change to the ethnic quotas for Chinese and Malays. For Chinese, it is 84 per cent at the neighbourhood level and 87 per cent at the block level. For Malays, it is 22 per cent at the neighbourhood level and 25 per cent at the block level.

- CNA/sc
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

I think it is fair....

"HDB will restore the S$10,000 should the PR family member take up citizenship, or if the couple has a child who is Singaporean."

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      I think it is fair....

"HDB will restore the S$10,000 should the PR family member take up citizenship, or if the couple has a child who is Singaporean."
      I concur
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

agreed. Motivation for PRs to take SGP as home.
        Holding
        Azimuth - Jadgbomber
        Hermes - Clipper
        Orient - Diver 200m
        Perrelet* - Dual Time
        Pierre Balmain* - Gold Plaque 10 Microns Quartz
        Raymond Weil* - Don Giovanni Chronograph
        Rolex - 1603 HG (Yr 1943)
        Rolex* - 1603 HG - Golden Computer Dial (Yr 1967)
        Rolex* - 16018 Yellow Gold
        Sarcar* - Mistral Rose Gold
        Seiko* - Atlas 200m
        Seiko - Diver 200m
        Tissot* - Heritage 150 Anniversary
        Titoni* - Airmaster
        * = Sale
        Wife: even my bags don't cost as much!

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          I think it is fair....

those preparing to pay 654k for quenstown 4 room or 50K COV will care about the $10k meh? peanuts lah, just the price of one 2 tone submariner the most..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X