No announcement yet.

Orchard Central tenants struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orchard Central has nothing there..Im not surprised. I mean there's nothing unique there, no new stores or franchise tat is unique. 313's crowded cos of HMV and many makan places.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

I think the main contributing factor is the design of OC. Think it won some award but it's definitely not shopper-friendly with lotsa dead ends. Besides that, the retail mix is terrible with no theme. Certain floor you can find those small far east plaza or neighbourhood shops selling clothes. I'm sure more will fold up eventually.

I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

My take on OC has been the same since I saw the Design/Layout. Crap space/human flow planning which then gives you crap shopping experience, coupled with crap tenant mix/management gives you simply a crap shopping experience! This is the reason why the big luxury/jewelery brands are all on the ground floor and mainly facing the front, so that everyone thinks it is a great place to walk in and thus creating a facade to ask for higher rent.

Comment

those BIG luxury/jewellery brands are listed companies paying high rental there...
          Originally posted by theOrion View Post
          My take on OC has been the same since I saw the Design/Layout. Crap space/human flow planning which then gives you crap shopping experience, coupled with crap tenant mix/management gives you simply a crap shopping experience! This is the reason why the big luxury/jewelery brands are all on the ground floor and mainly facing the front, so that everyone thinks it is a great place to walk in and thus creating a facade to ask for higher rent.

Comment

I guess the tenants at OC must be saying Oh Crap now

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

not only OC, tenants at other malls are also complaining...

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              I guess the tenants at OC must be saying Oh Crap now

Comment

I was just trying to poke fun on the abbreviations of OC
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

The design of the building sucks and the mall has got no specialty. The carpark also one kind of funny, the place just don't feel "high end", more like a heartland shopping mall. Being there only once and it will be my last.
                  1 3 5
                  ├┼┼╕
                  2 4 6 R

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X