Orchard Central tenants struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orchard Central tenants struggle

THE tenants at Orchard Central mall, which is barely a year old, say they are struggling to keep their businesses afloat.

The corridors outside the shops are quiet, and walk-in customers are a rare breed - a stark contrast to the buzz at 313@Somerset and Ion Orchard, two malls which also opened last year.

At least one shop at Orchard Central, Fox Salon, has already closed, and tenants say about 70 of them have gone to landlord Far East Organization (FEO) to plead for rental rebates.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Life is tough ahead. yes, tourist in fact has gone up but the quality of tourist.... We cannot work and plan just based on paper data... I hope someone is listening....

Comment

The only times my family go there is for dinner... and even on busy weekends, can normally find tables where other diners are packed. So I'm not surprised at all to hear this...
      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Wont be suprised to see more retail shops closing down the next few quarters due to over supplies of retail outlet & already diluted market shares.

Comment

unless only orchard hv only... why go orchard to shop... ? crowded.. i go where convienent.

retailer very cham 1... esp whn all these mall own by big boys.... psf keep going up whnever there's a renewal...how to hv productity and good service whn these landlord keep raising prices and resulted in retailer cutting cost...

Comment

Totally agreed.... productivity??? What about cost efficiency? Cost effectiviness? Good example is using those damn expensive machines to replace our heartful workers who are cheap and polite..... rent so expensive customer so little.... very sad....

Originally posted by pet View Post
            unless only orchard hv only... why go orchard to shop... ? crowded.. i go where convienent.

retailer very cham 1... esp whn all these mall own by big boys.... psf keep going up whnever there's a renewal...how to hv productity and good service whn these landlord keep raising prices and resulted in retailer cutting cost...

Comment

the entire OC shopping center looks weird..only the roof looks good.
              Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Totally agreed.... productivity??? What about cost efficiency? Cost effectiviness? Good example is using those damn expensive machines to replace our heartful workers who are cheap and polite..... rent so expensive customer so little.... very sad....
                i think for these retailer, at least 60% - 80% of their total expenditure goes to rental....
                end of the day, still pass down to consumers or shop close down

Originally posted by Mille View Post
                the entire OC shopping center looks weird..only the roof looks good.
                my sis say tht place funny design... alot of dead end also if park, got to come dn to street thn to shop... i dunno .. never go b4 any of the new 3 places... hahhaa 1 sua ku.

Comment

Ya man... this building design very weird, mostly restaurants, nothing much to shop. Been there twice and nv think of going again.

Comment

not a fan of the building layout...sibei complicated and confusing leh....somemore bo lang eh....really cham lar...
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

actually, i suspect its the design of orchard central.

The way its designed, i went there once only and then never went back. Hard to point out why but its like very unwelcoming like that. make you don even feel like entering to explore

anybody feel the same way too?
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

it is like a maze in there...kinda of hard to locate the shops...and during weekdays esp at nite it seem eeric...

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          actually, i suspect its the design of orchard central.

The way its designed, i went there once only and then never went back. Hard to point out why but its like very unwelcoming like that. make you don even feel like entering to explore

anybody feel the same way too?
                          Yes, i feel the same.

Comment

The design of OC is bad, no open space, no food court, no cinema, no big bookstore, no anchor store, no supermarket, nothing... even other malls where there is traffic, the shops are still struggling as ppl are not spending these days... local not spending, tourist not spending... so many malls so little buyers...

Comment

becoz Singapore is getting more n more exp than other countries...even for me i buy when i travel overseas than in here.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X