Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Bros into Audio stuffs" or Audiophile music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you guys for the very kind comments...

But johnfish is right... I should have never mention my business here (even though I had no intention of adbertising). If we take a step back and look at the bigger picture (i.e. integrity of the forum). This will make the forum a better place. So for that alone, I do sincerely apologise for the oversight. And I hope we can put this matter to rest so that the posts can be productive instead of self-gratification.

Peace...
    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
      Thank you guys for the very kind comments...

But johnfish is right... I should have never mention my business here (even though I had no intention of adbertising). If we take a step back and look at the bigger picture (i.e. integrity of the forum). This will make the forum a better place. So for that alone, I do sincerely apologise for the oversight. And I hope we can put this matter to rest so that the posts can be productive instead of self-gratification.

Peace...
      DearROC,
      First,I wish to clarify that I never B4 have personal agenda wif Bro. Alex avator:"armchaireconomist".He is a nice chap to deal wif..I even bought things from him & we interect on few occasion at his shop. I'm doing what I think is right at that moment is to prevent or giving wrong signal to other bros who following my thread. Thinking of my primary objective behind tis thread .As some may know me better ,I'm super champion "nut-cracker' Unlikely I'll pull a red tape on Alex's post if he advance more substance on my topic after his self introduction.I regretted of the hash act. Hope I didn't cause too much unhappiness to the forum.Cheers
      Sincerely
      john

Comment

to both bro johnfish and bro ACE for being man enough to recognize their own action but most importantly gentleman enough to allow this misunderstanding to not affect one another and move on

with bros like you guys here. Surely this forum would be a better place as both of you contribute to this forum in many ways but most importantly kept the integrity of this forum.

Pls continue to contribute at SGROC And this thread. I am trying to learn from u mentors here and hopefully purchase a set for my listening pleasure when I move house. Ü
        dun over poison though... Spending on watches is draining enough. Hahhaha

bro brabus, Call me when u next go to Toh guan hor. Ü see if we can meet up.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I hope we can just kiss, make up and move on... (not literally hor )
          I'm just glad to put things behind...

Ok... let's talk music... more specifically the M30.

Personally, I'm not that much of a Harbeth fan. But I can totally understand why Harbeth is so seductive.... not many speakers out there has that kind of seductive sound... IMHO. But if I were to choose a pair of Harbeths myself, I'll take the Monitor series and M30 specifically.

Actually, I would prefer the M40.1 but it's just too big to live with. And the wife will never agree to such a speaker in the house. And the M20 is just too small...

Having listened to the M30 for a good 6-9 months and with different gear powering it. It does have that Harbeth house sound without the kind of sweetness that the SHL5 or Compact7 possess. But one thing I do feel that the M30 likes is power... give it a good 100-150 solid state power, it can really rock. Reminds me a little of my old pair of Epos 14... but less coloured. And match the M30 with a good tube pre. That's probably the best combo. In any case, the monitor series is definitely more critical of it's partnering equipment than the rest of Harbeth speakers. Naturally, if not it wouldn't be called Monitor series (right?)

But if can afford the $$ and space... take the new M40.1. I do think it's really a value-for-money pair of speaker given its performance (so is the M30). The sound is really quite mind-blowing...I can still vividly remember the first time I experienced it. But again... it's need lots of power...
          The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
            I hope we can just kiss, make up and move on... (not literally hor )
            I'm just glad to put things behind...

Ok... let's talk music... more specifically the M30.

Personally, I'm not that much of a Harbeth fan. But I can totally understand why Harbeth is so seductive.... not many speakers out there has that kind of seductive sound... IMHO. But if I were to choose a pair of Harbeths myself, I'll take the Monitor series and M30 specifically.

Actually, I would prefer the M40.1 but it's just too big to live with. And the wife will never agree to such a speaker in the house. And the M20 is just too small...

Having listened to the M30 for a good 6-9 months and with different gear powering it. It does have that Harbeth house sound without the kind of sweetness that the SHL5 or Compact7 possess. But one thing I do feel that the M30 likes is power... give it a good 100-150 solid state power, it can really rock. Reminds me a little of my old pair of Epos 14... but less coloured. And match the M30 with a good tube pre. That's probably the best combo. In any case, the monitor series is definitely more critical of it's partnering equipment than the rest of Harbeth speakers. Naturally, if not it wouldn't be called Monitor series (right?)

But if can afford the $$ and space... take the new M40.1. I do think it's really a value-for-money pair of speaker given its performance (so is the M30). The sound is really quite mind-blowing...I can still vividly remember the first time I experienced it. But again... it's need lots of power...
            I was thinking to myself while tweaking M30 powered by High Current 60W Exposure Pre/Pwr.Tis Exposure is real rocker beat vs many amp of 100+ W/ch.But my mind went completely "Chao" After I discovered a Tom Dick Harry mini Hybrid amp of ROC made..feed into my DIY tube buffer .It transform my Harbeth M30 into real live 3D ambient.I can feel the airy of each singer presence.The staging of all musician surround & placement wif full Spectrum..Dynamic + mirco detail of most need to be highlighted.Feel the bass note but never shattered window glass. Most importantly ..very musical to my ear .Very close to a good old vinyl.I'm pretty amuse & lost of words how the hell to support tis logic.

Comment

Hi Alex, can u provide some insight of Peachtree Nova hybrid amp? I've been eyeing for a while since it was release here & sold by u. Understand they had a new design wif iPod docker mount on top console.U may PM ur selling price if possible. May pay a visit something soon. Thx in adv.

Comment

Wah.... Cheeem ah!!!!!!!!!
                I am in lost world. Hahahha
                can brothers advice what's a decent setup to listen to jazz music? Maybe with iPhone connected as well?
                Would it be better to listen to music in an enclosed room or open area like living room etc?
                Eh.... Pardon my noob qns ah.... One more. Audio set up n entertainment set up would be different correct?
                Bro ACE. Maybe I need to revisit yr offer to visit yr place. Hahaha
                I only know I fancied a wafferdale (pardon if I spelled it incorrectly) and a NAD player n amp.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Although I love good sound, but my speakers are nothing close to what you guys have . I do most of my listening on these:
                  Audioengine A5

The audio quality is lovely for the price.
                  Buy less, but buy better!

My blog: http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                    Wah.... Cheeem ah!!!!!!!!!
                    I am in lost world. Hahahha
                    can brothers advice what's a decent setup to listen to jazz music? Maybe with iPhone connected as well?
                    Would it be better to listen to music in an enclosed room or open area like living room etc?
                    Eh.... Pardon my noob qns ah.... One more. Audio set up n entertainment set up would be different correct?
                    Bro ACE. Maybe I need to revisit yr offer to visit yr place. Hahaha
                    I only know I fancied a wafferdale (pardon if I spelled it incorrectly) and a NAD player n amp.
                    I was in my mid age crisis whom seek so much of attention "my Doc. claim is normal lah" i'm so very good when come to make one Gong gong commented by a Female PPG's Risti: here . See what I called audiophiler a challanging hobby . U must enble to make ur speaker dissapear from ur sight. Transform ur Room/Living hall..be it enclose or open into part of ur accoustic sound system. In techincal term is called timecorrection on room acoustic. Ha ha.. If u catch all
                    Balls , than I'm defeated Liao. LOL!
                    best person here is no other than Mr. Alex lah "

Comment

Wow.. wow.. I'm not that knowledgable lah. I know some customers who are way more liao jiao. Moreover... I do have my own preferences and tastes, so it's not going to suit everyone. My kind of music is not really audiophile... I would hardly say my fav bands like Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Jane's Addiction, Howard Jones, Blow Monkeys, etc. are audiophile quality or even mainstream. But like everyone here... I do recognise good sound when I heard one...

And one of the best, best sound that I've heard that gave me goosebumps was... a Macbook, usb DAC and Dynaudio Active nearfield monitors. That was as close to nirvana as I can describe and I've heard lots of more expensive systems that make a toyota corolla sound like loose change. So really... it's not the amount of money one spent (ok... it does have its co-relations) but more importantly how the system is put together...

johnfish,

An old school Exposure pre/power is good enough for the M30... but take the Solid State pre out and swap in a tube pre... the M30 will get much sweeter. It's the tube that is doing it's magic. But I think an old-school tube (like Cary, CJ) with a SHL5 may be too much of a good thing. Nevertheless, it also means that your amp got enough juice in the power section to power the M30. Does your hybrid ROC amp have a pre-out? If yes, did you try hooking it up with the Exposure power? At one point of time, I very nearly got the Exposure combo, so I know it's really good.

And about Nova, eeerrr... if you are thinking of matching it with M30. No lah. The M30 will sound much much better with the Exposure or your hybrid. Personally, I wouldn't put them together.

jazz_samz,

If you like jazz and decent sound without burning a hole, check this out. http://www.aktimate.com/index.htm. More expensive that crazyfinger's A5, but very much more refined. (btw, I don't sell them) I've heard them recently, it's really good, really good... More importantly, it's built with the iPod (with docking station) in mind. Seriously, you can forget about all the other iPod docking speakers quite literally. But if your taste of music is like mine... I'd go with the A5. Haha... I used to get kick out of showrooms when I bring my kind of music, that's part of the reason why I got fedup and thought I could do better...

Lastly, I wouldn't talk about room acoustics... it's a subject all on its own. We live in an imperfect world (room) anyway, so I guess we just have to make do with whatever finite resources we have...
                      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Hi

to both bro johnfish and bro ACE for being man enough to recognize their own action but most importantly gentleman enough to allow this misunderstanding to not affect one another and move on

with bros like you guys here. Surely this forum would be a better place as both of you contribute to this forum in many ways but most importantly kept the integrity of this forum.

Pls continue to contribute at SGROC And this thread. I am trying to learn from u mentors here and hopefully purchase a set for my listening pleasure when I move house. Ü
                        dun over poison though... Spending on watches is draining enough. Hahhaha

bro brabus, Call me when u next go to Toh guan hor. Ü see if we can meet up.
                        Hi bro, we can always meet in toh guan if you are around that area, just text me , but have to wait till next week , cos the workers went back for CNY till next monday .

Cheers
                        Focal JM_Labs .
                        "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                        Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                        Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                        Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                        Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                        Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                        Cartier Santos 100XL
                        Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Basket!!! Luckily u both (johnfish n A.C.E) not into golf, u guys serious buayas siah.... Both kay kay act modest. Hahahah
                          I just told my wife abt my intention... Kana shoot down faster than quick draw. Hahhaha. Nvm, will slowly inch in bit by bit. Maybe u two and other fellow experts can conduct a Audio setup workshop/101 for noob like me. I know ohlins also into this. Haha. Maybe set up a sub forum for this. I ask boss. Ü

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                            Hi bro, we can always meet in toh guan if you are around that area, just text me , but have to wait till next week , cos the workers went back for CNY till next monday .

Cheers
                            Bro Brabus, PM-ed u. Ü

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Haha

Bro Brabus, PM-ed u. Ü
                              haha , PM reply , actually hor we are neighbours , see you around .
                              Focal JM_Labs .
                              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                              Cartier Santos 100XL
                              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

"My Kind Of Music Collection" go buy tis CDs to poison yourself.

Basket!!! Luckily u both (johnfish n A.C.E) not into golf, u guys serious buayas siah.... Both kay kay act modest. Hahahah
                                I just told my wife abt my intention... Kana shoot down faster than quick draw. Hahhaha. Nvm, will slowly inch in bit by bit. Maybe u two and other fellow experts can conduct a Audio setup workshop/101 for noob like me. I know ohlins also into this. Haha. Maybe set up a sub forum for this. I ask boss. Ü

If u love guitar ..tis is one "Kickass" MUST BUY ! # Nils Lorgren_Acoustic Live.

Old Skool #Whitesnake in Unplugged version "

Another Must Buy Great collection by #Antonio Forcione Quartet"

A pro sound engineer in USA turn Singer#亞明 Ah Ming [mix coverd tracks in Eng.Canto] Very good chill + Jazzy"Must Buy"

#Joanna Wang -Start From Here "Her voice will stole ur heart instantly" Pop songs

Want some hardcore Swing Jazz" Get tis by "Wynton Marsalis Quartet"

For all age,tis want can't go wrong by" The Beatles" High-tech mix by the one and only Sir George Martin"{Buy tis beatles album & forget the rest ..not even their current remastered Combo set]

My folks love tis one very much by "Harry Belafonte" U won't believe it how good can be on recording back in late 50"
                                That all folk !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X