Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
    envy you guys....

the one i collected is really one in a million.. collector's edition...

first I noticed when i brought the mm home was there is a smudge on the inside of the glass,

then I noticed that movt was too fast and this is confirmed when I checked it against my pc which is synced to the atomic clock... synced at 9.25 pm yesterday and at 1130pm, mm showed 12.00...

today woke up and see that watch has stopped... give it a shake and it moves..brought it along to work... at work, saw that it stopped again.. so i proceeded to wind it up.. at the 2nd turn, to my astonishment, the whole crown protector piece came out along with the two screws holding it in place..

now liaising with Louis for assistance... hoping that things will end well... really liked the mm.. even missus saw it for first time also say its nice...
    Now i can register to be associate member fo SGROC MM Club...

Thanks to Horologyfanantic and Louisoh ... my MM is restored and telling good time! Apparently the spring coil was magnetised somehow and after some demagnetising procedure, it's telling time like it should! The smudge from inside the glass has also been cleaned...

But I am still associate member cause I cannot fix the crown protector piece unless I get hold of a couple of screws to hold it back in place.. somehow the one that was used to fix it can only turn one round into the hole and the other piece cannot even get a grip..

like i said, it is a one in a million piece... so any takers for a 2nd hand mm20? heheeh just kidding. will not trade it for the world cause I made 2 new friends with it!
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

haha...good to hear tat all is fine....one more "poisoned" guy to the thread..hahahaha
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ermm...how come watches can be magnetised?hmmm....

Comment

dunno how it happened... may be along the journey to our shores...it gets placed very near a magnetised object like speakers, etc... so the coil spring gets magnetised and sticks together.. thus causing it to give wrong time as it is not able to coil and uncoil fully... this is what i gather from listening to horologyfanatic...

glad to have joined this forum.. learnt a few things here and there.. never actually see how a watch was opened and operated on before but got a chance to see it just now.. when my watch undergo A&E surgery...hehehehe
          In The Bag
          Him
          Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
          Her
          Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
          Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Thanks for the info...juz wan to know wad items caused the problem so can avoid mah...glad that ur mm30 is being saved...hahaha...

Comment

mm20...paiseh..typo

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                ermm...how come watches can be magnetised?hmmm....
                As elyjacob have explained, watches do get magnetized, Rolexes are not exception. Got a friend who send in to RSC for demagnetization and tuning.
                If you kena very strong magnetic field, even milgauss also can't escape

For elyjacob's case, maybe is Love at First Sight with the MM, magnetic field is between him and the watch... thats why.
                Glad to hear that the problem is solved.
                Submariner 14060
                Breitling Colt Auto II
                Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                Bell & Ross BR03-92
                MM20

Comment

thanks alot for your help BRO Bend1ck...Your info helps alot!!!!!!muz avoid wad items ar...

Comment

dun put ur watches near TVs, phones, speakers or watever that has powerful magnets..
                    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                      dun put ur watches near TVs, phones, speakers or watever that has powerful magnets..

SURE.....aiyo....now my mm20 put in the cupboard liao.....

Comment

SURE.....aiyo....now my mm20 put in the cupboard liao.....

to de-magnetise, use yr butt to sit on it for 1 hr... hahhahhaa

Comment

wahahaha....Bro Pet always got innovative ways to protect and repair watches leh..hahahaha...i tink watch technicans must be wary of him...wahahaha

Comment

wahahaha....Bro Pet always got innovative ways to protect and repair watches leh..hahahaha...i tink watch technicans must be wary of him...wahahaha
                            no lah, so yr butt can kanna the transfer... attract ppl mah... hope it's chio bu not ah kwa...hahhaa

Comment

hehehe....ya hor...gd idea...next time meet up i shld sit on your mm20 then....help u demagnetised...hehehehe

Comment

hehehe....ya hor...gd idea...next time meet up i shld sit on your mm20 then....help u demagnetised...hehehehe
                                haha.. i never collect yet leh... most likely also wont wear.. ask me wear manual watch also.. no date

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X